Windows 10: Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time

Discus and support Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time, Whenever I play a game or watch Netflix from time to time, I start to hear this weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NapoleonBP_824, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time

Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time, Whenever I play a game or watch Netflix from time to time, I start to hear this weird sound effect sorta of like sci fi sound effect playing in the background (headset) and it hasn't happened before. I troubleshoot audio maybe even disable audio enhancements but nothing.

:)

NapoleonBP_824, Oct 10, 2018

2. Headphones and Speakers are playing at the same time

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website in compatibility
    mode. Both Display driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Sound, game controllers and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 10, 2018
  3. carlk318 Win User
    Minimize sound effect not working

I upgraded to Windows 10 last week and I have a weird problem. The sound effect when I minimize a window is not working. All the other sound effects work fine. I am using the exact same .wav file for both maximize and minimize and although maximize
    works fine, minimize does not. It's almost as if Windows is not telling the sound player that a window had been minimized. Any suggestions? Thanks!

carlk318, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Rivergoat Win User

Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time

1. Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time - Similar Threads - Weird Sound Effect

2. Windows 10 weird sound at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 weird sound at random times: It started yesterday, random sound always the same one will appear. Thought it might be a virus so I used anti malware programs like ESET NOD32, Malwarebytes, Rogue Killer, NoBot to scan for malware but, they didn't find anything. When I use volume mixer to see which app...
  3. weird sound appears at random times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird sound appears at random times: so i have attached a audio file to a discord link, as it was the only way to share it https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/795956618385817633/824664945064673301/Optagelse_53.m4a submitted by /u/Big_Foundation7137 [link] [comments]...
  4. weird boot times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird boot times: recently have had horrendous boot and shut down times and I don't know why, I've looked into fast startup and my problem is the following: if I have it enabled the startup is fine but when I shut down it takes a long time and sometimes it doesn't even shut down. and if I have...
  5. HDD doing a weird sound from time to time, should i be worried?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD doing a weird sound from time to time, should i be worried?: Hi, as the title said i am noticing that my HDD is started to make a weird noise like a cockroach sound , check second 4s and 7s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ7SjlMjIQg my question is if this normal? What is happening? and what is causing it? thanks in advance. 158183
  6. Change time in background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change time in background: Currently you can change the background every 1 minute or 10 minutes or longer. Is there a way to alter this to another time eg. two or five minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-time-in-background/50c7916c-42c3-420d-af2d-64af3c57d77a
  7. no sound at times

no sound at times: hi there i have a asus pc with win 10 some times when i turn on pc i ll have the red x by speaker ..i haveto turn off pc then back on sometimes it works...also i ll have no sound without the red x...i have not done anything with my pc just the update that come from time to...
  8. At times no sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
    At times no sound.: On my PC I have two accounts. (Lets call the 2 accounts English and Spanish.) If I am Logged in under account Spanish. (And My audio is working fine.) I then shut down my PC. And 5 seconds later, turn my PC back on. (But log-in under my English account.) I then have no...
  9. Automataically play the sound of the suroundings at the same time!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automataically play the sound of the suroundings at the same time!: I just found that my laptop played the sound of people talking or TV or any other sound made around it!It seems that it had recorded and played it at the same time!Whenever there is a sound around it,it just plays it automatically right away!!Even when i was typing,it could...
  10. BSOD from time to time while playing games

BSOD from time to time while playing games: Hello all, I have a problem when playing certain games- I get crash caused by atikmpag.sys. Before that I had problem with atikmdag.sys. Sometimes I can play few days without crash, sometimes i get a crash. For example, in gta 4 i get a crash after 2mins. GPU is MSI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Wierd sound effects in the background Windows 10