Windows 10: Weird sound from laptop speaker

Discus and support Weird sound from laptop speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Asking this question again as there's been many things I've tried since I last asked. There's a weird sound coming my computer's speaker and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TeyaMeuchel, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Weird sound from laptop speaker

Asking this question again as there's been many things I've tried since I last asked.

There's a weird sound coming my computer's speaker and I can't seem to isolate the problem. At first, there was an issue with generic audio driver detected, so I figured that's what was causing the sound. As of now, the sound troubleshoot is no longer detecting an issue after I changed the audio driver. However, it didn't make the noise go away. It still plays, but not as often.

I can't quite describe the sound, only that it used to play every minute to couple of minutes between 1-5 times in a row. Now it's just making the sound every now and then. The sound is also not a buzzing, beeping, or rattling noise.

So far, I've:

disabled notification sounds

updated windows

rolled back audio drivers

changed audio drivers

I've also used Malwarebytes to detect any viruses or corrupted files, but all scans show up nothing. If it is a virus, Malwarebytes can't catch it.

My computer is 3 years old at this point, so maybe it's just time to get a new one but even then my previous laptop never made this noise either and it lasted for 4.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me now.

:)

TeyaMeuchel, Jul 25, 2020

2. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Zandrax42 Win User
    No Sound through laptop speakers

Hi all, hopefully this is a simple issue.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 11e laptop. This past Friday, it froze like it crashed, then rebooted due to an error. Ever since, there has been no sound from the internal speakers or through headphones. For some reason a bluetooth speaker will work, but nothing
    onboard.

Here are the troubleshooting steps I have tried

-Ensured nothing is muted or disabled. The speaker are the default sound devices

-Re-installing the Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers

-Uninstalled the speaker drivers entirely

-Installed the latest Realtek Drivers from Realtek's site

-I even did a destructive restore

None of the above steps solved anything. I still can only get sound from the bluetooth speaker. Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated.

Zandrax42, Jul 25, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Weird sound from laptop speaker

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Weird sound from laptop speaker :p

cadaveca, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Weird sound from laptop speaker

1. Weird sound from laptop speaker - Similar Threads - Weird sound laptop

2. Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker: Hi, I have this very low buzzing sound coming from my laptop speaker. I tried many things, and they work at certain point. Microphone Properties-listen to this device box on. this is the only way it stops making this buzzing sound. But if I mute my speaker it starts again....
  3. No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected: I have an elderly (7 years old) Dell Inspiron 17 R that I keep as a fallback laptop. I have Win 10 Pro, fully up-to date. I recently lost sound, when no external speakers are connected. (For info related to speakers, see further down this post.) The following are my...
  4. No Sound from Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound from Speakers: Realteck Sound does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speakers/720ccda7-6688-414c-9f91-8b2817678d2d
  5. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?: Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this problem all day. My laptop has sound coming from both the speakers and a headset when I plug it in. I want it to be able to play sound from the headset when it's in and not from the laptop's speakers, until I take the headset back out....
  6. Weird sound from laptop speaker glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird sound from laptop speaker glitch: My laptop speaker is making weird buzzing/static sound when audio is coming through my headphones. The only way to stop it is to disable my laptop speakers, which also disables my headphones, due to it being plugged into the 3.5mm headphone jack. I have tried everything, from...
  7. Headphone audio sounds weird but speakers work

Headphone audio sounds weird but speakers work: I just got my new gaming computer a couple of days ago and after downloading all the drivers, I watched a Youtube video to test the audio. I could only hear the background music and a soft distorted sound of the voice for example. Basically, the audio was very weird. However,...
  8. no sound from speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound from speaker: today i put new motherboard. new processor , new window10 pro from microsoft. but no sound from speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-speaker/8abd7dd7-e612-4081-ab79-a9e37a6ca32a
  9. No sound from speakers

No sound from speakers: After the last Win 10 update on March 31, I no longer have any sound from my speakers. Tried deleting and reinstalling the sound card/driver. No success. Suggestions?...
  10. No sound from speakers

No sound from speakers: How do I download either Windows 10 default audio device or find another audio driver to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-sound-from-speakers/51f8d3f4-14c6-4c7e-9703-01048f10d3af