Windows 10: weird spacing at bottom of task bar

Discus and support weird spacing at bottom of task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH]So I noticed that I've suddenly gained this weird space underneath the icons on my taskbar. its really annoying and just not nice to look at.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by samandjonnojohnson, Mar 8, 2021.

1. weird spacing at bottom of task bar

weird spacing at bottom of task bar 09c67812-65d0-4a3c-98be-75dc57a35635?upload=true.png So I noticed that I've suddenly gained this weird space underneath the icons on my taskbar. its really annoying and just not nice to look at. I've played around with positioning of the task bar and locking and unlocking it, but that hasn't worked. any suggestions???

:)

samandjonnojohnson, Mar 8, 2021

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Clock, date and time missing from task bar

Can someone, please provide me with a answer to my question above? I tried all the suggestions. The suggestions containing steps, do not show up as described. For example: Click on an empty space on the task bar, click customized notifications, turn clock
    on. None of this steps show up on the drop menue.

Rebecca Gonzalez, Mar 8, 2021
  4. AlexB Win User

weird spacing at bottom of task bar

Task Bar Icon Space Question

When I click on a task bar icon to run a program, the icon expands horizontally to occupy around 3 cm of task bar space. Is there any way to reduce the space it occupies?

AlexB, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

weird spacing at bottom of task bar

1. weird spacing at bottom of task bar - Similar Threads - weird spacing bottom

2. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  3. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  4. Speaker Icon at Bottom of Task Bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Icon at Bottom of Task Bar: For some reason, we seem to have an issue with the speaker icon at the bottom of the task bar, everyday i check it, it is either turned down or muted. i keep it at 100 at all times. Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Is there a fix to it?...
  5. task bar right bottom is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task bar right bottom is not working: in task bar right bottom no icon is working as well as in settings also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-right-bottom-is-not-working/11d9fdf2-eddc-48ab-94a0-5a9474bd351e
  6. bottom task bar..

in Windows 10 Customization
    bottom task bar..: windows 10 another problem... I've had so many glitches since windows 10 driving me mad..little annoying things pointer kept disappearing half way thru a project , then calculator , the foto app lost all my pics. .various niggly problems . today the bottom task bar wont...
  7. Task bar covers bottom of window

Task bar covers bottom of window: Until recently my desk top and windows never went behind the taskbar, now when a window is maximized, the bottom scroll bar is behind the task bar. How can I limit the desk top to real estate NOT covered by the task bar?...
  8. bottom task bar

bottom task bar: When I go full screen the bottom task bar has always gone as well. This morning it stays there and I can't right click it to clear, as when I put the cursor in It becomes the vertical arrow sign, (as in widen etc.)How can I rectify this if I cant click it....
  9. Weird gray bar at bottom of screen

Weird gray bar at bottom of screen: So I was just opening up my computer, when suddenly I noticed this grey bar at the bottom of my screen. Nothing happens when I click on it, and when I changed the background, it was still there. What's going on? [IMG]...
  10. Bottom task bar is always on top

Bottom task bar is always on top: Hello, This problem is ridiculous. Whenever I enter the full screen in any video, the bottom task bar stays on top. Restarting windows explorer solves the problem, but temporary. I don't want to restart windows explorer all the time , could you provide a permanent fix please....