Windows 10: Weird start screen

Discus and support Weird start screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; An issue I had with my Surface 3 every now and then returns on my Surface Pro 5. See this screen shot:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Plantje, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Plantje Win User

Weird start screen

An issue I had with my Surface 3 every now and then returns on my Surface Pro 5.

See this screen shot: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ammc1nHNS73khb9NiNm13ILiXtS_rQ

The issue in this is obviously not the erased parts, I did that myself for privacy purposes. The issue is all the tiles not containing any images and the smaller even don't have text. So it is really hard to differentiate the different tiles.

I expect it has something to do with the fact that I am using two accounts on this system. I had the same on the Surface 3. Anyone has seen this before?

:)

Plantje, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 28, 2019
  3. How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Weird start screen

Default Start Screen in 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you’re referring to Start screen full mode then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Personalization

• Select start, and turn on Use Start full screen and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Weird start screen

1. Weird start screen - Similar Threads - Weird start screen

2. Keyboard started acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard started acting weird: I have an Asus E410 laptop. It was perfectly normal when suddenly, a few minutes ago, the keyboard started glitching. Some keys appear to be mapped to other keys functionally, my web pages will randomly start scrolling, and links will randomly click. Keep in mind that I am...
  3. Weird glitchy screen at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird glitchy screen at start up: My laptop was just working fine a few minutes ago. I've gone down stairs to pick up some snacks, but when i came back, my laptop's screen was black, and the imagine wouldn't came back no matter what i do. I tried restarting it a few times. It actually booted up normally once,...
  4. Weird glitchy screen at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird glitchy screen at start up: My laptop was just working fine a few minutes ago. I've gone down stairs to pick up some snacks, but when i came back, my laptop's screen was black, and the imagine wouldn't came back no matter what i do. I tried restarting it a few times. It actually booted up normally once,...
  5. Weird glitchy screen at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. icons started looking weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icons started looking weird: most of my icons all of a sudden changed to this for example my snipping tool icon [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-started-looking-weird/51b3e043-695c-4050-bf4b-325731dcd76e
  7. Weird blue lines on screen? Just started happening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird blue lines on screen? Just started happening: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LucasD4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzqlon/weird_blue_lines_on_screen_just_started_happening/
  8. Windows 10 Lets get started screens weird issue???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Lets get started screens weird issue???: So the other day i booted up my PC when i got home and it ran me through the initial like windows 10 lets get you started screens like when you first install windows which i though was weird but after i went through the screens it booted up to my desktop and everything was...
  9. Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Start Up Screen taken over by weird HUGE FONTS: Start-up screen shows the following after login to Window. When bottom-left corner is clicked, a narrator menu shows. Try Ctrl-Alt-Delete to reboot but the same thing shows. Cannot restart in Safe Mode. No way to escape from this screen. Please help.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startup screen is wreid

2. strange screen on start