Windows 10: Weird story on how I can no longer boot into Windows 10 and need help.

Discus and support Weird story on how I can no longer boot into Windows 10 and need help. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, As a background I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 that likes to bluescreen quite frequently remeber this. So I decided to buy a 1TB HHD so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iGamezRo, Aug 19, 2020.

1. iGamezRo Win User

Weird story on how I can no longer boot into Windows 10 and need help.

Hello,

As a background I have an HP Laptop with Windows 10 that likes to bluescreen quite frequently remeber this.

So I decided to buy a 1TB HHD so I bought one. Pluged it in my laptop using a SATA 3 to USB adaptor and moved everything from my games partition to the 938GB partiton on the new hhd. After that I formated the partiton from the old hard drive and fully enlarged S: wich is on the same hhd on wich I store programs. So right now I have an 480GB SSD running Windows, a 1TB hhd just for games and a 500GB hhd for programs. All ok until I shutted down my laptop to move the 1TB hhd in another adaptor wich I placed in the cd reader place 1 and half years ago and that hhd 500GB hhd stayed there for so much time. Why would you do this you might ask? Simple. I wanted to use the adaptor with the 500GB hhd and the 1tb one in the laptop. When a turned on my S: partition was gone. Even Partiton Wizard could not find it. Just like it was somehow wiped. Finally I gave up and wanted to move the laptop back on my main desk because I moved the hhds on another table so I put the hhd in its case on the laptops keyboard and after I leave it on my desk and guess what happend? If you remeber what I said earlier that my laptop likes to do quite frequently you know what happend so I look as a normal human will do at the error: BUGCODE_USB3_ERROR. I say in my mind: ok i touched the usb port somehow or it was overloaded by that hhd but after the pc restarts i get a message not from windows, from my pc, from the bios: No bootable device. Insert bootable device and press any key. I went in boot management and told it to boot from the ssd with windows manually but everything I tried my laptop was kinda: nope. So please, minecraft pe is sh*t so help me make my laptop work again.

If anyone wants to know its specs here they are:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6500U 2.50GHZ up to 3.10GHZ

GPU: Nvidia 940MX

RAM: 16GB DDR4 8x2

SSD: SanDisk 480GB

HHD1: Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM 1TB

HHD2:HGST 5400RPM 500GB

All powerd by a god knows what battery trough a god know what mother board.

pls halp.

:)

iGamezRo, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Weird story on how I can no longer boot into Windows 10 and need help.

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Weird story on how I can no longer boot into Windows 10 and need help.

1. Weird story on how I can no longer boot into Windows 10 and need help. - Similar Threads - Weird story longer

2. I need help with this weird issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with this weird issue!: After my computer's hard drive had a full 1 hour panic attack of loading after it blue screened on me and after 3 restarts it fixed all the filesand now after so many minutes of loading my windows security said "Engine unavailable" And i can't quick scan or update the engine....
  3. I need help with this weird issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with this weird issue!: After my computer's hard drive had a full 1 hour panic attack of loading after it blue screened on me and after 3 restarts it fixed all the filesand now after so many minutes of loading my windows security said "Engine unavailable" And i can't quick scan or update the engine....
  4. I need help with this weird issue!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows can no longer boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  6. Windows can no longer boot.

Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  7. NEED HELP!! Can no longer login to Microsoft 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    NEED HELP!! Can no longer login to Microsoft 10: Hello, I just graduated from my academic institution, and my windows account was associated with my academic email. During my time as a graduate student I installed windows 10 on my personal desktop, because I was working in computational biology, and I often worked on my...
  8. NEED HELP!! Can no longer login to Microsoft 10

NEED HELP!! Can no longer login to Microsoft 10: Hello, I just graduated from my academic institution, and my windows account was associated with my academic email. During my time as a graduate student I installed windows 10 on my personal desktop, because I was working in computational biology, and I often worked on my...
  9. NEED HELP!! Can no longer login to Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Can no longer get to desktop complicated story

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can no longer get to desktop complicated story: First I put a new SSD in my PC, it wasn't recognized at first, so I rebooted and it showed up in the BIOS. Then installed Windows 10 from a USB stick, no problems. Set my preferences, downloaded my favourite software, transferred some files. Restarted a couple of times with...