Windows 10: Weird stuff happening

Discus and support Weird stuff happening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sgeeer, Jan 18, 2022.

1. sgeeer Win User

Weird stuff happening

Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever happened, internet decides to not work, "WIndows Firewall not on" which I believe it is on, can't see the event log and loads of other things.When I try to plug a USB flash drive into my computer it wouldn't show up so I looked in device manager and Windows decides to say "Windows is still setting this device up" or something like that with the error code 56. Tried everything to fix it but it won't work. No clue why this is happening when it wor

:)

sgeeer, Jan 18, 2022

2. Weird stuff happening to my new PC

Hey guys, my first time here.

I got a new computer for christmas. It originally had windows 8 on it,

But then i upgraded to windows 10.

And then there was some weird stuff happening to it now.

On the 7th of January, i turned off set time automatically. I changed the year to 2017, and upon logging on again, the time reset. Changing the year to 2015, and then 2017 stopped the reset.2 days later, i turned on the same machine again with a USB flash
    drive plugged in, only to discover a third hard drive that wasn't there before. it was called Y: and it had 800-something MB, most of it filled up with 140-something MB. With was called ESD-recovery or something like that. When i rebooted the PC, it was gone.

I'm sorry if you think i am making this stuff up, but it really happened to me. Is it paranormal or just a bug in Windows 10? Because that did not happen on my other Upgraded-to-windows 10 laptop, only the desktop.

If you want the specs i will give them to you.

Embracer245Alt, Jan 18, 2022
  3. weird stuff

Hi

I am a student, and in my notes, i type a lot of forward slash ( / ).

whenever I type these... whole new words appear.. and there's no way for them not to.

For example, i typed DON'T/not

and that got automatically replaced with DON'Temperature... weird stuff like that.

And it keeps doing it.

I can't type stuff like N/A... anything with a forward slash

I don't know why cause I'm rubbish with technology.. but if anyone knows id appreciate the help!

ElysaIoannou, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Autumn20 Win User

Weird stuff happening

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Weird stuff happening

1. Weird stuff happening - Similar Threads - Weird stuff happening

2. Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.: Hello, so I have a few issues with my PC.It started with random GPU 100% Fan and Black screen randomly.They blue screens and freezes. The Event Monitor always pointed at something with Nvidia.So I replaced my GPU with one from a different Vendor. I don't have the fan issues...
  3. Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes, Freezes, weird stuff happening.: Hello, so I have a few issues with my PC.It started with random GPU 100% Fan and Black screen randomly.They blue screens and freezes. The Event Monitor always pointed at something with Nvidia.So I replaced my GPU with one from a different Vendor. I don't have the fan issues...
  4. Weird stuff happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird stuff happening: Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever happened, internet decides to not work, "WIndows Firewall not on" which I believe it is on, can't see the event log and loads...
  5. Weird stuff happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird stuff happening: Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever happened, internet decides to not work, "WIndows Firewall not on" which I believe it is on, can't see the event log and loads...
  6. Weird Stuff Going On

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird Stuff Going On: Hello and Good Day! I just wanted to clear that after the recent update to my Windows 10, things started going weird. Firstly, it told me that "Your Windows license will expire soon." but asides from that, whenever I open File Explorer, Control Panel, Task Manager, any...
  7. Weird stuff happening after onedrive changes, info in comments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird stuff happening after onedrive changes, info in comments: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/karoj0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6fce3/weird_stuff_happening_after_onedrive_changes_info/
  8. Weird stuff happening in the Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird stuff happening in the Windows 10 installation: Here I am again. So, I finished building the PC Case missing and I created a USB to install Windows 10 in the PC, I created it alright in my laptop using the Media creation tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 My USB is 16GB by the way and...
  9. Weird stuff happens after waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird stuff happens after waking from sleep.: This is a VERY broad topic but here goes: My computer will start acting...weird and bad...whenever it wakes from sleep. Sometimes the search won't work. Sometimes the screen starts flashing. Just now got a bsod within 2 minutes of waking the computer up. The issues don't...
  10. Weird Notepad++ stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Notepad++ stuff: Today I went to use notepad++ 7.4, and when I go to save the text file I get - Failed to save file. Not enough space on disk to save file?. I do have enough space 1.29TB, does not seem to be happening to all text files, only some (2 different drives). When I open...