Windows 10: weird stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps

Discus and support weird stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So today, out of no where, my pc started getting this strange stutter on youtube videos a;lso noticed this on twitch and the reddit video player. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kat, May 26, 2022.

1. KAT
    Kat Win User

weird stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps

So today, out of no where, my pc started getting this strange stutter on youtube videos a;lso noticed this on twitch and the reddit video player. Here is a video of what it looks and sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4favVmS1Ns to make it even stranger while I was playing my game today, on fullscreen mode, I noticed that when I had a video playing and it started to get the stutter, my fps in game would drop from 125 to around 100-110 and revert back to 125 when It stopped. I have no idea what could have caused this as this issue only started this afternoon. No one problem

:)

2. BossDweeb Win User

FPS STUTTER

COD4 = COD4-MW , yes ? (vs COD-BOps 4)

"updated NVIDIA drivers, but for nothing."

- In regard to COD4-MW it would have been for nothing as
    the game is too old to benefit from any recent driver optimisations

(they popped out another update on the 11th as well).

- Stutter has been an issue for years, and is not related to Win10. Some people are more sensitive to stutter as well.

It has, in part, to do with getting the correct balance between the frame rates the game is running at, and your monitors refresh rate.

A neither world between lag and smooth running.

Some games seem to be more prone to stutter, and because most fps players run and pan constantly (especially online) they are

more likely to have a problem with stutter, as this makes the game load objects/scenery more than if moving and panning more slowly.

Outdoor areas are generally more impacted by stutter for this reason.

Using V-sync can either help or exacerbate the issue. Again it depends on the game, so you need to experiment.

You also have to experiment with things such as lowering the games graphics settings. Sometimes a particular setting which

is not as well optimised for the game as it could have been (which can cause fps drops) will contribute to stutter.

eg - MSAA over 2x can have a big impact on performance. Some games more than others.

- A monitor with a 120+ refresh rate can also help. Partly because you can disable V-sync without causing screen tearing while

running higher frame rates.

- Your 2.2GHz cpu may also be a just bit underwhelming. COD4 has a minimum cpu requirement of 2.4GHz.

Note too that some games don't play well with Hyper-threading enabled, so you may want to experiment with disabling that,

if you have it enabled.

If the cpu use is not approaching 100% use the clock speed it is not so likely to be contributing to the stutter though.

- Then we come to other less obvious issues such as
    other software you may have running that may conflict, or use system resources.

Particularly things that interact with the game such as Skype and other COM programs, or using things such as DVR to make

a video of your game.

- Further to that, a search for COD4 stutter problems at one of the dedicated COD forums, or Steam, should come up with some

fixes that may work for the game in question. Fixes that worked with Win7 should also apply to Win10.

BossDweeb, May 26, 2022
  3. Dull Byte Win User
    Sudden FPS drop/Stutter

Since 2 days ago, I just turned on my Computer, and it starting having issues while I was playing Witcher 3 (starts with decent fpsm and then very low fps, dropping to 35, then 20, and stopping at 12 or so, in a matter of seconds, in a matter of 1min of starting the game), also stuttering without any high demanding programs, randomly. I was playing at 45-60 fps, without any stutters or sudden fps drop. Have tried other games the issue persists. Even setup everything to low settings.
    I have ran several tests with several tools, all seems normal, no sudden memory spikes, or temperature raising out of the ordinary, nothing that would indicate such an fps drop or stuttering.

MSI Afterburner

I also did the reset option on Windows10, completly cleaned out all my personal info from the windows partition.
    So at this point, I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I kept doing some tests to find out the issue. And this happened before and I was able to replicate it. Same thing happened as before, till I set it up to fullscreen, Alt+Tab from the game and then back to the game, FPS went up to 50 again, stable and good, dropped after a couple of seconds. After a bit it went to 2-5 fps, and I had to shutdown the game, because even the sound was getting messed up.

MSI Afterburner 2

In this image those ups and downs in the GPU usage are when the fps dropped really hard and the sound got messed up.

Dull Byte, May 26, 2022
  4. Temayte Win User

[MOVED]FPS stutter in some games

Since I upgraded to windows 10,some games have huge fps stutters,they run at normal FPS but once in a while I get a huge stutter that lasts up to 2 seconds,and then everything goes back to normal only to stuttera again 30 seconds to 1 minute later

All my drivers are up to date and I have tried lots (and I mean lots) of "solutions",nothing worked so far.

My hardware is:

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920

Motherboard: Asus P6T SE

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

RAM: 6GB

Temayte, May 26, 2022
Thema:

1. weird stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps - Similar Threads - weird stuttering while

2. Stuttering in games and when watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering in games and when watching videos: Hi, I have been getting stutters while playing games and watching videos since mid February this year. I got a BSOD while playing a game that was listed as MEMORY_MANAGMENT and it has been doing it ever since then. I feel like it is just a coincidence though as I am pretty...
  3. Stuttering in games and when watching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering in games and when watching videos: Hi, I have been getting stutters while playing games and watching videos since mid February this year. I got a BSOD while playing a game that was listed as MEMORY_MANAGMENT and it has been doing it ever since then. I feel like it is just a coincidence though as I am pretty...
  4. Stuttering in games and when watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. weird stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps: So today, out of no where, my pc started getting this strange stutter on youtube videos a;lso noticed this on twitch and the reddit video player. Here is a video of what it looks and sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4favVmS1Ns to make it even stranger while I...
  6. weird stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps

weird stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps: So today, out of no where, my pc started getting this strange stutter on youtube videos a;lso noticed this on twitch and the reddit video player. Here is a video of what it looks and sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4favVmS1Ns to make it even stranger while I...
  7. Wear stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wear stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps: So today, out of no where, my pc started getting this strange stutter on youtube videos a;lso noticed this on twitch and the reddit video player. Here is a video of what it looks and sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4favVmS1Ns to make it even stranger while I...
  8. Wear stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps

Wear stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps: So today, out of no where, my pc started getting this strange stutter on youtube videos a;lso noticed this on twitch and the reddit video player. Here is a video of what it looks and sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4favVmS1Ns to make it even stranger while I...
  9. Wear stuttering while watching videos and its impact on my games fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Cant watch video while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant watch video while gaming: Hi, Dont know if this is the right place to post this but i give it a try. I am unable to watch a movie or look at youtube videos when i am gaming at the same time. The symptom is that the video laggs but the audio is fine sometimes. its like its dropping frames but when i...