Windows 10: Weird svchost.exe background processes with no information.

Discus and support Weird svchost.exe background processes with no information. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, there are two weird background processes in the task manager. They have no name but have a gear icon. When I open their file location, it leads me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by v0ztauts, Oct 24, 2021.

1. v0ztauts Win User

Weird svchost.exe background processes with no information.

So, there are two weird background processes in the task manager. They have no name but have a gear icon. When I open their file location, it leads me to svchost.exe. I suspect that it may be malware hidden within svchost.exe.I have made sure that the svchost.exe file is legit.The processes are not in the windows processes tab.In this screenshot, they seem pretty calm but the cpu usage ranges from 0.1% to 40%.How could I remove this problem?

:)

v0ztauts, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Analyzing Svchost processes in Windows

Here's how to track down detailed information about any Svchost.exe process running in Windows 7/8.

a) You can use the Tasklist command-line tool to learn which services are running in a Svchost.exe. Just run cmd (command prompt) and hit

Tasklist /svc /fo list

Scroll through the list and find what you need. It's not quite intuitive so you can use third party programs with gui. See below:

b) You can use svchost viewer. Best utility. Note: to run this under XP you need .Net framework 2.0

Weird svchost.exe background processes with no information. [​IMG]

c) Svchost Process Analyzer is another app for that.

Weird svchost.exe background processes with no information. svchost.gif

d) And another app called Svchost lookup tool

Weird svchost.exe background processes with no information. [​IMG]

e) And it won't hurt if you use Process Explorer and System Explorer.

It's never bad to keep your system under control, plus all these apps are portable no installation is required.

kthbai

Drone, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Jsssssssss, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Weird svchost.exe background processes with no information.

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Weird svchost.exe background processes with no information.

1. Weird svchost.exe background processes with no information. - Similar Threads - Weird svchost exe

2. background processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d
  3. Background Process

Background Process: With all the programs closed in my windows 11 I get 110 processes running. However I've seen some people with only 25 or lower, I've tried everything to get that low amount of processes running but can't find out how....
  4. Background Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  5. Background Processes

Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  6. scaned svchost show something weird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scaned svchost show something weird: i just scanned my svchost with virustotal and they found this, no threat was found tho. is this normal should i be worry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scaned-svchost-show-something-weird/3914c5bb-3f7d-49fc-bb7d-56911a4f1c2c
  7. Background Processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Processes: I just opened my pc and opened taskmanager without opening other apps to see how many programs are running in background. There were more than 50. i removed some apps which i knew i installed and reduced it. Next time again just after booting pc problem remained same. My pc...
  8. Windows svchost process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows svchost process: Hi I have literally go not idea what's happening here but what bi have highlighted here is the svchost process, there's about 30 of these showing up.... Not using up cpu usage but its eating away my memory. Anyone have a clue what is going on and how I can sort this out....
  9. Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.

Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.: Hi, I'll try to be short, since it's strange and hard to explain. Had windows 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10, everything normal. After a few months, one program I use for a long time started giving me problems - plays.tv. It''s a client app that allows recording of in-game...
  10. Stuttering in games caused by svchost process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuttering in games caused by svchost process: Ok so in some of my games, when I am playing I get random stutters, the cause of which I have finally narrowed down to svchost being the culprit. Before I go any further my PC specs are: Core i7 6700 GTX 1070 16 GB 2133 Mhz RAM 250 GB SSD 1 TB HDD I have Windows...