Windows 10: Weird Task Manager behavior

Discus and support Weird Task Manager behavior in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've noticed something odd with task manager on my PC and maybe someone can tell me why it is happening. When i launch Guild Wars 2 game launcher... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mattmatt452, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Weird Task Manager behavior

I've noticed something odd with task manager on my PC and maybe someone can tell me why it is happening.

When i launch Guild Wars 2 game launcher starts normally and this launcher is listed in task manager. When I enter my credentials and start the actual game game launcher disappears from task manager and... here is the weird part... the game starts but it is not listed in task manager. CPU usage increases but task manager doesnt show this game on the list. CPU usage is high but there is nothing on the task manager list that is using CPU so much. I know the game is running but it is not shown in task manager. I've tried sorting by CPU, by name etc. but nothing changes. When I close task manager and open it again Guild Wars 2 is shown normally in the task manager and everything seems to be working fine. Anyone know what is causing this to happen? Anyone noticed something like that? So far I have noticed this only with Guild Wars 2. On my laptop everything is normal and GW2 is shown int the task manager.

Thank you in advance for any tips.

submitted by /u/Mattmatt452
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mattmatt452, Nov 12, 2020

2. task manager not working

Hi,

It's really weird that the task manager stopped working after the latest update on your Windows 10 computer. There might be some files or data that got affected by the latest update. However, we need these information to isolate your concern:

• Is there an error message if you launch Task Manager?
    • Have you tried to check in safe mode if it's the same?
    • Does anything happen if you launch Task Manager?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Weird TASK Manager Problem, help pls

I don't have programs eatin my memory up... my system just becomes annoyingly Choppy when I run games (since Assassin's creed 3)

I can fix this by setting the game's process to High or Real time priority in the task manager... But it's weird that with a beast PC like mine I need to do this ...

jonathan1107, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Weird Task Manager behavior

task manager not working

No error message.

Same problem in safe mode.

Task manager will not open fully nor stay open it is useless

davidelwonger, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Weird Task Manager behavior

1. Weird Task Manager behavior - Similar Threads - Weird Task Manager

2. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  3. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  4. Weird PowerShell behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  5. Weird PowerShell behavior

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  6. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  7. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  8. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows Task Manager strange behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task Manager strange behavior: Hello,Windows Task Manager's icon is on the taskbar. Recently when I click to open it, it opens in a tiny window at the left upper corner of the display, hardly find it. Have to resize it - not to the full size, so I drag open it to size I want.What I did so far:...
  10. Weird process in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird process in task manager: So I booted up my computer this morning and looked into task manager after logging in, I noticed that a process named "setup" was having a ton of disk activity. I tried to open file location and properties on it multiple times and nothing came up from windows explorer. It...