Windows 10: Weird taskbar grouping

Discus and support Weird taskbar grouping in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using a multiscreen setup on my surface pro 8 running windows 11.For some reason, the taskbar has started grouping some icons on the surface,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Buzz Website, May 26, 2023.

1. Weird taskbar grouping

I am using a multiscreen setup on my surface pro 8 running windows 11.For some reason, the taskbar has started grouping some icons on the surface, where the taskbars on my other screens display "normally" with equal gaps.I find this very distracting and in fact unusable!! Is this a bug or a feature? If it is a feature, how can I turn it off please!.Thank you :

:)

Buzz Website, May 26, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 26, 2023
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 26, 2023
  4. Weird taskbar grouping

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Weird taskbar grouping

1. Weird taskbar grouping - Similar Threads - Weird taskbar grouping

2. Taskbar acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar acting weird: Hi,My taskbar is acting weird. I don't know how else to name my problem. So, usually when we move the mouse on top of an icon on the taskbar applications that are open it shows the window in a small box right? So my problem is when I move my mouse on top of an icon the small...
  3. Taskbar acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar acting weird: Hi,My taskbar is acting weird. I don't know how else to name my problem. So, usually when we move the mouse on top of an icon on the taskbar applications that are open it shows the window in a small box right? So my problem is when I move my mouse on top of an icon the small...
  4. Taskbar acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weird taskbar grouping

Weird taskbar grouping: I am using a multiscreen setup on my surface pro 8 running windows 11.For some reason, the taskbar has started grouping some icons on the surface, where the taskbars on my other screens display "normally" with equal gaps.I find this very distracting and in fact unusable!! Is...
  6. Taskbar looks weird

Taskbar looks weird: Why does my taskbar look like this? I also get a spinning circle when I mouse over the Start Menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-looks-weird/f71811e0-bd89-4392-bb66-d3ef885e203f
  7. Taskbar being weird

Taskbar being weird: So I have two monitors, and just recently my main monitor has been acting up. I have my taskbar set to auto hide, but now when I have anything fullscreen on my main monitor I cannot get my taskbar to auto unhide when I take my mouse down unless I hit the windows key. On my...
  8. Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups

in Windows 10 News
    Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups: Taskbar groups is a new open source program for Microsoft Windows devices to create groups of icons on the taskbar. The main idea of the program is to bundle multiple shortcuts on the taskbar to save space on it. While that may not be required on large resolution systems, it...
  9. Adding group to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding group to Taskbar: Hello maybe wrong section but not sure where else to ask, does Windows 10 support adding a GROUP of apps to TaskBar (example a folder with multiple apps in it) like a communications folder with all my communications apps inside rather than have 10 apps all along bottom more...
  10. Weird taskbar bug

Weird taskbar bug: So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy. Today I was using my PC as usual and all of a sudden every OS window/menu became buggy: taskbar, start button would not come up, alt-tab wasn't working, task...