Windows 10: Weird thing happened this morning

Discus and support Weird thing happened this morning in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lenberman, May 30, 2019.

1. lenberman Win User

Weird thing happened this morning

A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she turned on her computer, it told her that her password had expired and she needed to make a new one. Looking at the screen, it appeared to be a legitimate Windows message. I clicked on "change password" and a screen prompt asked me to type in the old password. Since there was no old password I left it blank. Then it prompted for a new password, I left that blank also and clicked on "change password. After that all went well, I restarted, it booted without asking for a password and everything seems fine. I have never seen this message and I've seen a lot of Windows problems. I do voluntary tech support for a large senior community. If anyone knows what caused the message to change a non-existent, expired password, please let me know. Was this a real message or an attempt to gain her password?
    Len

:)

lenberman, May 30, 2019

2. Weird thing happening to my windows 10.

After 3+ weeks of having windows 10, today this weird thing started to happen. http://imgur.com/4OSKHHh I
    demonstrate it here. Randomly, applications start to minimize/comeback up without me doing anything. its really annoying. Im getting to the point of reinstalling W10 to fix this. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and might have a fix. (It happens
    to all my applications.)

Edit: More demonstrations http://imgur.com/L7vcyTd

Every time i left click, the screen goes back for 1 second then the little task bar thing moves. Its unplayable with this doing this. Imgur

MarceloCarlosjr, May 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10: weird thing just happened.

When i was using the computer, it's fine when i browse on the web,

after a few minutes, the computer is telling me that it will shutdown in 5 minutes,

it's weird............, is there a way to never make this happen again?

JirehLa-ab, May 30, 2019
  4. Weird thing happened this morning

Weird things happening to my computer.

I am having weird things happen to my computer, I was doing things online the other day and it just shut down on me. So I did a little research and ended up doing a chkdsk /r because I couldn't refresh/reset/backup my computer in recovery mode. It kept giving me an error code. So finally, I just did the chkdsk, which took a little over 3 days and 16 hours, last night I was watching it scan things and it went to 100% on stage 2 and then gave me the HP symbol and told me it was restoring disk an this process could take more than one hour. It did that for about 15 hours, now I have an illuminated black screen. I don't know what else to do and I can't find a forum to give me any answers on this. Thanks in advance for any help!

Cutebrunette92, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Weird thing happened this morning

1. Weird thing happened this morning - Similar Threads - Weird thing happened

2. Weird thing happened this morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happened this morning: A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she turned on her computer, it told her that her password had expired and she needed to make a new one. Looking at the screen, it...
  3. odd thing has happened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    odd thing has happened: on a friend laptop a new keyboard language appeared and its unnecessary so when attempting removing it i went on the language setting but the language wasn't there she didn't installed it appeared after she was reading info site about India how to remove the language if...
  4. Weird things happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird things happening: Hello So yesterday i opened task manager to check something and the processes tab was empty + users. Today when i turned me pc on start menu wont open task manager still have same problem and i have not installed any updates or installed some programs + antivirus dont show...
  5. Crazy things happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crazy things happening: Since last update, My RCA tablet with keyboard is doing crazy things. It acts as tho someone else is on here with me and clicking all kinds of things that I am not clicking. Things are constantly poping up and have to fight to get control of mouse to remove all the things...
  6. A weird thing happened...need advice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A weird thing happened...need advice: Hi All, So today I decided to install the app on my wife's iphone to access my insurance site and proceeded to register. I entered my email address and then a required username and was told an email would be sent with a temporary password. When I opened my email program on...
  7. Had a weird thing happen. "Configuring security settings"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Had a weird thing happen. "Configuring security settings": Running Windows 10 Pro, latest version. I wasn't really doing anything unusual, just watching a boring Youtube video. The computer freezes up--like in the old days. Totally frozen. I haven't had a total freeze up since XP, like over 3 years ago. Neither the kb nor the...
  8. Frequent BSODs, tends to happen every morning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs, tends to happen every morning.: Hey there, every morning for the past couple of days I've been getting a blue screen, but today it has happened multiple times. I've ran sfc /scannow, DISM, chkdsk and they've all come back clear. 98193
  9. Weird happenings after 9926

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird happenings after 9926: First, it's a clean install from ISO. all updates, including big tech preview fixes. I have three issues that are just baffling... 1. Cannot unblock any downloads, option appears, click, apply, ok.... but still blocked. 2. sfc /scannow stops at 2%, "cannot perform...
  10. Weird things happening to my computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird things happening to my computer.: I am having weird things happen to my computer, I was doing things online the other day and it just shut down on me. So I did a little research and ended up doing a chkdsk /r because I couldn't refresh/reset/backup my computer in recovery mode. It kept giving me an error...