Windows 10: Weird things going on

Discus and support Weird things going on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i installed TDU2 with a "legit" patch with some cars. It worked for like 2 hours then in started to do some weird things and the launcher gave me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/axel2264, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Weird things going on

So i installed TDU2 with a "legit" patch with some cars. It worked for like 2 hours then in started to do some weird things and the launcher gave me some crazy crashes and i uninstalled the things and i decided to restart my pc and now almost all my files have one of those : http://prntscr.com/ppemf9,http://prntscr.com/ppep2p

Can you guys give me some advice what should i do?

submitted by /u/axel2264
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/axel2264, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

cortana does weird things

Hi Joris,

If after installing all updates for Windows 10 does not help in resolving problems in Cortana, there might be an application or service that is conflicting with Cortana to work properly, or that a component within Windows may have been damaged or corrupted.
    Can you tell us if there are any third-party applications installed in your computer? If there are, kindly perform a clean boot environment in Windows. Performing a clean boot environment would start the system in a reduced functionality and in a basic state
    using the default settings of Windows. This way, we would know if there are software conflicts that are occurring in Windows. While in a clean boot environment, attempt to use Cortana and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, we can determine that there
    is a third-party service or application that is causing the issue. You may perform a clean boot environment in Windows by following the steps below:

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • From Start, search for msconfig.
    • Select msconfig or System Configuration
      from the search results.
    • Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services
      check box.
    • Click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    • Click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    • After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through
        , but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service
        list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through
        , and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the
        Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step
        11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    • Click the Startup tab, and then click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the
      Startup Item list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and
        , but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and
        , and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item
        is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected
        Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step
        . If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service
        probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service
        may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through
        without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    • After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the
      System Configuration utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.

If the above troubleshooting steps did not work in resolving the problem, you may attempt to reset your PC using the
    Recovery options in Windows.

We are looking forward to an update from you.

Jose Est, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Phenom 9850BE low voltage overclocking results!

well if your going to continue with overclocking, i suggest doing the baby steps thing heh. good luck with the overclocking

eidairaman1, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Senarium Win User

Weird things going on

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Weird things going on

1. Weird things going on - Similar Threads - Weird things going

2. Weird thing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird thing: Explorer.exe crashed recently and that caused that Trashcan icon stays empty even if there's stuff in there.Latest Win10 with all updates installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-thing/5179cc75-4429-4bb8-b032-1fc1b202d046
  3. Weird thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird thing: Explorer.exe crashed recently and that caused that Trashcan icon stays empty even if there's stuff in there.Latest Win10 with all updates installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-thing/5179cc75-4429-4bb8-b032-1fc1b202d046
  4. Weird thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird thing happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird thing happening: A while back I changed my mouse to an animated one, and since then I have been having this weird problem where over time my audio starts to have static in it and my cursor animation starts slowing down ,it is fixed with a restart but always comes back near end of the day, is...
  6. Weird audio thing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird audio thing: Basically, on the left side of my computer screen there is a small window that I cant move, and it is above everything else, on top it says Mix on the left and Audio on the right, and I can adjust volume for certain things, I dont know how to get rid of it, please help...
  7. Weird things

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird things: So i texted a repisetitive and she got me on this app and now my screen is black and i cant do anything. This happend 1 1/2 hours ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-things/22eb3198-4ce8-41c6-a111-de466dca5e50
  8. Weird thing happen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happen: I had windows screen, like when you freshly installed windows. Where is screen when you have to click continue and than write email to create microsoft account. I though perhaps i got updated to 2004. But no. Any idea why this showed up??? 161052
  9. Weird thing happened this morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happened this morning: A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she turned on her computer, it told her that her password had expired and she needed to make a new one. Looking at the screen, it...
  10. Weird things happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird things happening: Hello So yesterday i opened task manager to check something and the processes tab was empty + users. Today when i turned me pc on start menu wont open task manager still have same problem and i have not installed any updates or installed some programs + antivirus dont show...