Windows 10: Weird tile don't go away... cannot uninstall or nothing...

Discus and support Weird tile don't go away... cannot uninstall or nothing... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there!! After my failed atempt to use build 1703, I decided to upgrade to 1607 and stay there at least until 1703 works with my stuff... However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FerchogtX, Apr 22, 2017.

1. FerchogtX Win User

Weird tile don't go away... cannot uninstall or nothing...

Hi there!!

After my failed atempt to use build 1703, I decided to upgrade to 1607 and stay there at least until 1703 works with my stuff... However, I'm in the middle of a weird problem... well, more like an annoyance... seems MS upgraded their Feedback App (Now it's Feedback Hub), but Windows Instalation left me this weird tile (leftover I assume) in my start menu... not a biggie, but this looks broken... is there any way to remove this? I tried from the settings app, control panel, right click (This one doesn't show the uninstall option, not even a remove thing), and even powershell, but this last only works with the hub version and not this...

Any clue on how I can get rid of this tile? I even tried to mess with the Tile database in AppData folder (with a backup, of course) But I can't just get rid of this particular tile...

Thanks in advance for any comment or advice I can get.

See ya!!! *Biggrin

P.S. I attach screenshot of my issue...

Weird tile don't go away... cannot uninstall or nothing... [​IMG]

:)

FerchogtX, Apr 22, 2017
  2. CT35 Win User

Pinned tiles don't go away immediately.

I noticed that when I unpin an App from the start menu it stills shows up and doesn't unpin from the start menu until I logout and log back in again? Is this normal behavior? It's very annoying as I have to keep logging out and back in again to see how
    my changes look. I've tried creating a new profile but that doesn't help.

3. CT35 Win User
    Pinned tiles don't go away immediately.

I ran CCleaner on my computer, rebooted and the problem went away. No clue what it did to fix it but it's working fine now.

4. simpk5 Win User

I had 5 of these about 3 weeks ago but can't remember exactly what I did to clear them.

Did you look in the Program Files\WindowsApps folder? If you find a folder there with the exact name of the problem entry (not feedbackhub), you might try deleting it.

Otherwise, I'll keep trying to remember how I did it.

simpk5, Apr 23, 2017
  5. FerchogtX Win User
    Thanks for the help, unfortunately, that coudn't adress the issue... but this did...
    Removing Windows Apps sometimes leaves orphan in the startmenu - Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps - Page 2 - Solved - Windows 10 Forums

In short, the start menu database corrupted itself after the upgrade... I'm unsure if I should just do a new profile or not... but if everything works now, I guess I'm leaving it as is now... It's funny, when I upgraded to 1703 build, the start menu was just perfect, even when I reverted back to 1511... well... such is life. At least the OS is working smooth.

Thank you again for the help *Biggrin

FerchogtX, Apr 23, 2017
  6. simpk5 Win User
    I now remember what I did.
    However, your case is a little different due to the name change of the app. Using powershell, I removed all apps and then reinstalled all apps. The corrupted entries went away. I don't know if it'll work in your case due to the name change. Note that the corruption I had was seen right after the Creators upgrade.

simpk5, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird tile don't go away... cannot uninstall or nothing... - Similar Threads - Weird tile don't

2. To uninstall tile cash go. To Google play look up then uninstall aa if. Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To uninstall tile cash go. To Google play look up then uninstall aa if. Installing: Go to Google play lók up tile cash as if install ING uh instaaall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-uninstall-tile-cash-go-to-google-play-look-up/f8d75925-9f41-42e1-9f00-236cfb9d0edb
  3. To uninstall tile cash go. To Google play look up then uninstall aa if. Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To uninstall tile cash go. To Google play look up then uninstall aa if. Installing: Go to Google play lók up tile cash as if install ING uh instaaall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-uninstall-tile-cash-go-to-google-play-look-up/f8d75925-9f41-42e1-9f00-236cfb9d0edb
  4. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

Weird rectangle refuses to go away: Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this thing won't go away and makes a ping sound when I try.to click out of it, hit esc, delete, anything else...closing with...
  5. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird rectangle refuses to go away: Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this thing won't go away and makes a ping sound when I try.to click out of it, hit esc, delete, anything else...closing with...
  6. Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?: [ATTACH] I've googled it but nothing comes up. I ran Avast and anti-Malwarebytes they both didn't find anything. I have no clue what this is or why it wont go away. Pls help submitted by /u/wham__ [link] [comments]...
  7. Pinned Tiles tab won't go away.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Tiles tab won't go away.: I removed all my tiles from start and unpinned them but I still get the pinned tiles tab with no tabs in it even though I removed all of them it's just a blank tab. I tried restarting and searching but came up with nothing on how to fix it. Every time I press the Windows key...
  8. Windows Active Tiles to Go Away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Active Tiles to Go Away: Hello, Rumors (hopefully that is all they are) of the demise of Windows Active Tiles in a future version of Windows. This is a mistake. Active tiles are very useful and set Windows 10 apart from the other boring interfaces. I have also been using the benefits of Active...
  9. Clicking on "App" and nothing happens apart from the tile going dark

Clicking on "App" and nothing happens apart from the tile going dark: I am using a normal Administrator local account set up with my own user name. UAC is turned off. Any idea why I can't use the metro style "apps" (not a huge fan of them, but I want them to be accessible if I choose to use them). For instance "Weather", "Twitter", "Store",...
  10. Anyone experience weird/random glitches that suddenly go away in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone experience weird/random glitches that suddenly go away in Win10: I've used Win10 for over a week now. And overall, I like it with the exception that Microsoft Money Sunset Edition is no longer compatible with this OS (at least for now). I've used that program for years and very disappointed about it..but can learn to live without it. Other...