Windows 10: Weird undeletable folder has shown up on my USB stick

Discus and support Weird undeletable folder has shown up on my USB stick in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, so I have just reinstalled windows due to having 15 viruses and my usb stick had nothing in it. 3 hours later this folder shows up there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dynamistical, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Weird undeletable folder has shown up on my USB stick

Hey, so I have just reinstalled windows due to having 15 viruses and my usb stick had nothing in it. 3 hours later this folder shows up there.

Weird undeletable folder has shown up on my USB stick c21db43d-0b29-4fa4-aae9-0e067efa4478?upload=true.jpg

:)

Dynamistical, Nov 28, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 28, 2018
  3. TomStrong Win User
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Nov 28, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Weird undeletable folder has shown up on my USB stick

Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

You could try the fully functional Revo Pro trial uninstaller, monitor the installation of Boxcrypt, then uninstall it using the monitored data. That should be more complete.

Otherwise as you suggested (but back up the registry first) search and delete any occurrence of Boxcrypt remaining.

Searching the registry is most conveniently done with a 3rd party tool that searches the whole registry and lists finds, unlike regedit which stops after each find.
    E.g. OO regedit (free) - which includes an address bar (path)

Weird undeletable folder has shown up on my USB stick [​IMG]

You can also use a freeware program such as
    Locate32
    Everything (void tools)
    Ultrasearch

- these quickly index every file and folder so you can do an instant search of your file system for Boxcrypt.
    I'd not know how to cope without these. (I prefer Locate32). Note- they don't index content.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Weird undeletable folder has shown up on my USB stick

1. Weird undeletable folder has shown up on my USB stick - Similar Threads - Weird undeletable folder

2. An error message has shown up on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error message has shown up on my computer: I am still using Windows 7 and am getting a message McUICnt.exe-Entry Point Not FoundThe procedure entry point BCryptHash could not be located in the dynamic link library bcrypt.dll.The conputer is still usable but with glitches....
  3. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  4. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  5. Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undeletable Folder: There are a bunch of folders that have randomly appeared in my file explorer with no name or properties whatsoever. Nothing. Can't delete or rename them and the only options I have are to mark the folders as Read-only, Hidden, or Archive, but even then it just says the path...
  6. Undeletable folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undeletable folder: Hello. I have been trying to delete a folder that is specifically filled with the file called image share. But no matter what I tried it won't delete and my computer would end up freezing.When I try to delete it, it would simply display...
  7. USB stick has all my work and has weird folder names after I used it on another computer...

USB stick has all my work and has weird folder names after I used it on another computer...: Error message reads: Location is not available. E:\=weird letters is not accessible the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect...
  8. Undeleted folder!

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeleted folder!: Probably after a chkdsk, a folder has been created in C. It has subfolders (50) and files (85). It's not matter of size, it's only 620KB. I just don't want it to exist! It can be renamed (- resist to delete -), cut, moved (not to a USB) but it can't be deleted. I can't...
  9. Undeleteable folder and files on my external

Undeleteable folder and files on my external: I store all my files that I work on onto a external drive recently I attempted to open some visual studios solution files but they wouldn't open correctly. I decided to just delete the file, but when I try nothing happens. So far I have tried dragging to the recycle bin,...
  10. The Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    The Undeletable Folder: Hi there. Yesterday there popped up a folder on my C: drive that is being absolutely stubborn and I can't get it deleted. Things I've tried so far: Select folder, press delete key Right click folder, select delete option Rebooted into safe mode to try and delete it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete undeletable files on USB stick

2. usb stick filemanager bootable delete undeletable folder

3. weird folder names on my usb