Windows 10: Weird unstable WIFI problem

Discus and support Weird unstable WIFI problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using a TP-Link Archer V5 at home with both 2.4ghz and 5ghz available, and I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 Gaming that runs on Windows 11.If I connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hennmarsk, Jun 21, 2022.

1. hennmarsk Win User

Weird unstable WIFI problem

I'm using a TP-Link Archer V5 at home with both 2.4ghz and 5ghz available, and I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 Gaming that runs on Windows 11.If I connect to the 5ghz WIFI at home from my laptop, the connection often drops shortly after, and only gets stable after multiple tries. If I connect to the 2.4ghz WIFI instead, the connection would be stable at the first try, but then, it has constant lag spikes while playing games like DOTA or CSGO, like, a lag spike each second and it happens almost every time I use this WIFI.This doesn't happen to another devices such as my phone or m

:)

hennmarsk, Jun 21, 2022
  2. mibec1 Win User

Highly Unstable Wifi Connection

From the day I bought my computer, my wifi-conectivity has been unstable. It has always been annoying me, but recently the coonection has become so unstable that I daily feel the urge to throw the laptop against a wall or out the window... So I hope somebody
    can give me the advice that will finally fix my wifi-problems.

The things is that my computer often disconnects (sometimes every 5 minutes or less) from the internet. When I click the wifi-icon, I usually can see my own network and the computer appears to be connected (but it doesn't work). Usually I can see lots of
    networks around me, but they vanish from the list when I lose the connection (though my own stays).

I have tried restoring the computer to its original state (I bought it with Windows 8 and updated it to Windows 10), updating the networking drivers, followed all the steps on

this page
    . I have run the various diagnostic tools I've been made aware of on different homepages, too. Nothing seems to work at all.

Can anybody tell me what I can do to fix my connection.

---

Computer: ASUS X550JX

Network Related: Card and drivers all come from Realtek.

mibec1, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Bob338 Win User
    Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Jun 21, 2022
  4. wolf Win User

Galaxy Designs Mysterious GeForce GTX 460 2 GB Card with Mini-PCIe Onboard

How very weird of them... this is truely odd IMO.

would be nice to see a list from them of suggested products, or even bundle the card with products that are right for it, like a killer NIC, wifi card, phsyx card, SSD etc.

Thema:

1. Weird unstable WIFI problem - Similar Threads - Weird unstable WIFI

2. Wifi and bluetooth unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and bluetooth unstable: Dear community,I have a fairly new razor laptop +/- 1 year old and I have some weird issues which is most likely coming from Windows 11 I checked all hardware and nothing is broken/everything is working. My Wifi and bluetooth sometimes just couple shuts down. So it works...
  3. Weird unstable WIFI problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird unstable WIFI problem: I'm using a TP-Link Archer V5 at home with both 2.4ghz and 5ghz available, and I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 Gaming that runs on Windows 11.If I connect to the 5ghz WIFI at home from my laptop, the connection often drops shortly after, and only gets stable after multiple tries....
  4. Really weird wifi problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really weird wifi problems.: Alright so I have been getting this weird issue with packet loss. Some times when I am connected to my Wi-Fi I get 1-30 mbps but my normal is 200+ upload and download. But that is only 1 part of the problem the other problem is packet loss for no reason at all and some times...
  5. Unstable wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unstable wifi connection: My wifi connection is constantly unstable since the august update with segments of no internet every other 30 seconds to a minute despite the wifi connection appearing as strong during these segments. Originally, it was worse - but after turning off the option for the adapter...
  6. Wifi connection problem , it is unstable and keeps disconnecting

Wifi connection problem , it is unstable and keeps disconnecting: i want to ask about new bugs or any error in the recent update of wifi, as i keep disconnecting and connecting on wifi and it says as "you can`t connect tot this network" i had and due to this I do have uninstalled the driver and re-installed it. but keeps disconnecting...
  7. Unstable WiFi Networks

Unstable WiFi Networks: Wifi connection is keeps on connecting and disconnecting randomly. It's very annoying to work with that. I tried using another system and it worked fine on it. I tried updating and reinstalling the drivers from the device manager but no help. Update windows to latest...
  8. Weird WiFi Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird WiFi Problem: My computer keeps connecting to a local area network through Ethernet but It’s not connected to any Ethernet cable and never has been. When I tried to disable this connection my WiFi wouldn’t work either. When I reset my computer it just reconnected to the local area network....
  9. WiFi is super unstable

WiFi is super unstable: When connected to WiFi, it randomly just stops working and saying "no internet"; for example: id be playing an online game or watching youtube, and it would just stop. I then turn off my WiFi connection and turn it back on, or restart my computer. The Wifi isn't disconnecting...
  10. Super unstable wifi

Super unstable wifi: Laptop - Acer Nitro 5 Wifi Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter ISP: Rogers Wifi crashes a bunch and is super laggy. Used to be super solid for a year, yet now I lag hard in games and usually crashes during matches. It's very random, too. Sometimes...