Windows 10: Weird User Folder in Users Directory

Discus and support Weird User Folder in Users Directory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have noticed that in my Users directory that the folder name for one of my users is "DESKTOP.7MODD72". Anyone have any experience with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/e-_-v, Feb 20, 2020.

1. /u/e-_-v Win User

Weird User Folder in Users Directory

I have noticed that in my Users directory that the folder name for one of my users is "DESKTOP.7MODD72". Anyone have any experience with this happening? If so, what caused it?

Windows 10 - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

submitted by /u/e-_-v
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/e-_-v, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Weird User Folder in Users Directory 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Weird User Folder in Users Directory - Similar Threads - Weird User Folder

2. User folder in the C: root directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder in the C: root directory: I have 8 folders in my User folder. Each folder contains from two to 29 items. Can I copy each of the seven smaller folders into the largest folder and then delete the seven smaller folders?...
  3. Can't find folders in my user directory

Can't find folders in my user directory: After deleting .eclipse folder, I am stii not able to find any folder in c:/users/salou directory. does this mean that I lost my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-folders-in-my-user-directory/93118547-c4fd-4889-8a12-364832206273
  4. C:\Users Directory

C:\Users Directory: Good Afternoon, I have a machine that is a member of a domain. The user account logged onto the machine is a user not an administrator. I run a portable program requires no prior installation as an administrator. I enter domain admin credentials. These domain...
  5. C:\users directory?

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:\users directory?: My C:\users directory shows up as C:\Public\US SEAL 7.ico. Anyone know what's up with that? Thanks; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusers-directory/e798521b-7dab-4ae0-89f6-ade14e8fc0e7
  6. defaultuser0 in User directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    defaultuser0 in User directory: [ATTACH] I was digging through my User's folder to get to AppData and came across the 'defaultuser0' user folder present, dunno if it's bug, or Windows didn't delete it after OOBE. Just for clarification, if it was a hidden folder the icon would have slight opacity, which...
  7. Weird "iCloudDrive_" Folder In My User Directory

Weird "iCloudDrive_" Folder In My User Directory: There is a folder called "iCloudDrive_" in my user folder that is a copy of my D: drive. Any changes I make to my D: drives also happens in this "iCouldDrive_" folder and vise versa. I don't have iCloud of my computer (I used to) and if I did why would it be a copy of my...
  8. Randomly generated hidden folders in the Users directory.

Randomly generated hidden folders in the Users directory.: Hello, there are these weird user folders getting generated in the Users folder, they seem to delete themselves and regenerate every day and I have no idea what they are or for, is it for Windows Update? The names of this files are weird too like angels-wore.sql...
  9. Rename the "User" Directory

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rename the "User" Directory: I moved my Users folder from C:\ to D:\ via C:\>Robocopy /xj /Mir /Move /CopyAll C:\Users D:\Users C:\>RMdir C:\Users /s /q and creating a Junction C:\> MkLink /j C:\Users D:\Users All fine and dandy until I had to reinstall windows again. I renamed D:\Users to...
  10. Hard link directory junctions in User folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hard link directory junctions in User folder: So, I am looking for an easy way to redirect Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures in the user folder to a data drive. I don't want anything permanent that is going to interfere with the Creator's update coming up. Does anyone know if there any ill affects to deleting the...