Windows 10: Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.

Discus and support Weird Wake From Sleep Issue. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gregory Hayball, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.

Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my mouse but it only woke up when I held the power button briefly. Not a problem in itself as I probably had the option to wake from keyboard/mouse disabled but when the power button woke it up I got this error 'A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the device.'. Only the keyboard and mouse are using any USB sockets and I've never had any problems using them before or had this error before

:)

Gregory Hayball, Jan 14, 2022

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.

Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.

1. Weird Wake From Sleep Issue. - Similar Threads - Weird Wake Sleep

2. Weird Issue After Waking PC From A Sleep State.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Issue After Waking PC From A Sleep State.: Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my mouse but it only woke up when I held the power button briefly. Not a problem in itself as I probably had the option to wake from...
  3. Weird Issue After Waking PC From A Sleep State.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Issue After Waking PC From A Sleep State.: Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my mouse but it only woke up when I held the power button briefly. Not a problem in itself as I probably had the option to wake from...
  4. Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Wake From Sleep Issue.: Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my mouse but it only woke up when I held the power button briefly. Not a problem in itself as I probably had the option to wake from...
  5. Wake from Sleep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from Sleep issues: I've tried everything I can find, but my Windows 10 desktop won't fully wake from sleep. I can move the mouse and the computer starts to wake (lights, hard drive), but the keyboard won't activate (no lights) and the monitor doesn't wake. I have a web camera with Windows Hello...
  6. wake from sleep issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wake from sleep issue?: I have a brand new Artesian NZXT H1 pc (SFF PCs — Artesian) with a Asus Rog Strix B550-I motherboard and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. When my pc "sleeps"......I have to move the mouse/type on keyboard or hit the power button......AND THEN HIT THE POWER BUTTON A SECOND TIME, to get...
  7. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button...
  8. Wake from sleep issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  9. Wake from sleep issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  10. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: New to tenforums. I work in the forestry field. We utilize Dell tablets running Windows 10 anniversary edition (10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393).These devices are used to collect data in the forest. We are collecting data for 6 to 8 hours at a time. The Dell tablets last this long...