Windows 10: Weird Web Credential Entries, a mystery still unsolved in Windows 10?

Discus and support Weird Web Credential Entries, a mystery still unsolved in Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; First of all i require a tangible ANSWER which deals with the issue at hand and not technically unrelated copy pasta spam by Greg Carmack or similar... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Br33zer, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Br33zer Win User

Weird Web Credential Entries, a mystery still unsolved in Windows 10?

First of all i require a tangible ANSWER which deals with the issue at hand and not technically unrelated copy pasta spam by Greg Carmack or similar "mvp" reputation bots.

This has been asked before and locked without a solution nor a given reason for the lock.

Windows Web Credentials on a spanking new installation are showing up that are unexplained, contain urls that are technically not URLs but strings of data keys and hashed pashwords associated with them, and sometimes not a identifiable application listed that generated them.

Example string found on so many machines that it actually yields a google result :

e93ec0bd-878d-4933-9e3a-89160c088da9

The screenshot shows a long numerical user name redacted , a HTTP not HTTPS!! url that is clearly not feasible
    as a working URL created by EDGE.

Weird Web Credential Entries, a mystery still unsolved in Windows 10? 9e4a7cec-2f67-4de4-aadb-9be2d92f41df?upload=true.png

The even more cryptic and quite troublesome is the one tha is created by an Unknown APP that is named like a SID, uses a simlar format bogus URL as the first example and a massively long crypted password which is even too long to show in credential manager, and is associated with my gmail account/username. I can only guess this is some form of integration. But i would clearly like to know for sure and i dont want to remove it outright in fear of breaking things on a substantial level.

:)

Br33zer, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Robert~ Win User

Windows credentials unexplained entry

Hi Whenever I look at my windows Credentials I see an unexplained entry at the top of the list of web credentials as follows it is currently

http://E93EC0BD-87BD-9E3A-89160C088DA9

there is then a sequence of numbers as the user name and a further sequence of numbers and letters as the password

At no point was I asked permission to save these credentials

I remove them and they re appear the next day

Can anyone explain this please

It States it was created by Microsoft Edge

Robert~, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    adding password to store in web credentials in internet explorer windows 10!!

Hello,

Looks like you are encountering challenges on managing your login credentials. We have here the steps you can follow to manage your web credentials via Control Panel:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Manage Web Credentials and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Web Credentials, and to Windows Credentials
      to add, view, edit, or remove credentials on the respective options.

Give us an update on the result and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Weird Web Credential Entries, a mystery still unsolved in Windows 10?

Windows 10 Stored Passwords (Credential Mgr) Deleted

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is browser settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Which browser are you using on the computer?
    • Are you using Internet Explorer on the computer?
    • Have you created any system restore points on the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if web credentials is store in the Web credential window.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Manager Web Credentials." without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you fin the web credentials are present in it or not.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with finding the web credential on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Weird Web Credential Entries, a mystery still unsolved in Windows 10?

1. Weird Web Credential Entries, a mystery still unsolved in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Weird Web Credential

2. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. Web Credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Credentials: After a recent windows update I have lost the list of websites and apps with passwords that were saved in Credentials. I have to enter my manually enter passwords that used to be automatic when I would open my apps. My email accounts in Outlook, and several other apps. I...
  5. Credential manager - Web Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  6. Windows credentials unexplained entry

Windows credentials unexplained entry: Hi Whenever I look at my windows Credentials I see an unexplained entry at the top of the list of web credentials as follows it is currently http://E93EC0BD-87BD-9E3A-89160C088DA9 there is then a sequence of numbers as the user name and a further sequence of numbers and...
  7. Web Credentials

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Web Credentials: Hello All, This is likely a simple question, but I have failed to find an answer. I have a new Windows 10 laptop and am moving things from an older Windows 10 Laptop. I wanted to restore the stored passwords I had exported from the old machine using the Credential Manager...
  8. web credentials

web credentials: Can I save a site and password manually? The program will not ask to save for this site and I just want to add it myself in the credential manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-credentials/8f89eee6-95e3-4e59-9ae7-51ce2113f93a"
  9. Windows 10 Backup of all credentials (Web and Windows Credentials).

Windows 10 Backup of all credentials (Web and Windows Credentials).: I recently had to migrate from one of my PCs to another as my HDD failed. I had various sites that I had forgotten passwords but did not want to reset them due to the number of devices I had already saved the passwords. I would like to know if, like Windows 7 in the Control...
  10. web credentials

web credentials: save to web credentials to a flash drive to install on my new desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-credentials/f3e1044c-fb18-40bd-a7e4-bf538b0c6e55"