Windows 10: Weird white/black box wont disappear from desktop

Discus and support Weird white/black box wont disappear from desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i was hoping someone could please provide some help to this situation. There is a black box with a white header that are staying stuck on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clerkz, Mar 29, 2021.

1. clerkz Win User

Weird white/black box wont disappear from desktop

Hello, i was hoping someone could please provide some help to this situation. There is a black box with a white header that are staying stuck on my desktop. I am fully updated on everything i have restarted more than once. After i restart and login the window actually shows up as the bottom photo attached. I can alter the size and it never disappears or shows i have any programs open.

OS Build 19042.870

Weird white/black box wont disappear from desktop [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

It tries to make it full screen if i drag it to the top. super weird

:)

clerkz, Mar 29, 2021

2. Small white box on desktop (Windows 10)

Hi,

Let's try to isolate the issue. We need the following information:

• Is this happening only on the desktop?
    • If you open an application/program does it have the same white box on the same spot?
    • Regarding your scan, what do you mean everything comes back okay, does the report show no particular malware/virus or after the scan, the white box disappeared?
    Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 29, 2021
  4. netrate Win User

Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc

Ok here is the MR steps to be sure I am completing this properly - same error thought.
    Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

step 5

Step 6 - Error

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT : I did what you said and tried without G (second time, didn't take screen shots), same error. I did notice that NTFS Primary 3 (NONE) doesn't have a drive letter associated with it?

netrate, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Weird white/black box wont disappear from desktop - Similar Threads - Weird white black

2. White box that appears and disappears quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White box that appears and disappears quickly: There is a white box that randomly appears and disappears; it does not have any periodicity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-that-appears-and-disappears-quickly/fbcc6630-bae9-4709-871a-7798a4dbe94e
  3. White box that appears and disappears quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White box that appears and disappears quickly: There is a white box that randomly appears and disappears; it does not have any periodicity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-that-appears-and-disappears-quickly/fbcc6630-bae9-4709-871a-7798a4dbe94e
  4. White box that appears and disappears quickly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Weird black box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird black box: Recently I noticed a weird gray mark that would only appear on the windows home screen, I discovered that it was a tiny window. I am unable to close the window and it reappears every time I boot. I used Winspy to get more information about it and tried to close it, but the...
  6. White box on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White box on desktop: I know this has been addressed before, but none of the responses seem to fix this issue. I have this white box that appears on my desktop, usually after waking it up from a sleep (30 minutes). When it appears, all my desktop icons disappear. You can’t right click it, or click...
  7. Desktop Icons - White Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - White Box: a little white box has appeared on my desktop in my icons. When I click on an icon the box ticks but I have to tick again to open the link. Its a minor annoyance, but how do I get rid? I think it might have been something to do with winaerotweak but unsure. [img] 173497
  8. White box appears and disappears quickly

White box appears and disappears quickly: Hi all, In the last week I have noticed a very annoying white box that appears on screen then disappears extremely quickly. It happens intermittently, with no real rhythm to it. Today I haven't had Outlook open and it hasn't been happening. When I did open Outlook, it...
  9. Large white box on desktop

Large white box on desktop: How do I remove a large white box on my desktop? I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 last september but the box just started appearing in the last two weeks? I read other threads about the big white box but they go back to 2012 and I have found an answer. Any ideas on how to...
  10. White box in my Desktop

White box in my Desktop: I have restarted my pc lots of times but there is a white box appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-in-my-desktop/5fb85d55-efe8-4921-acc5-f2cc3d017f95