Windows 10: Weird white lines in all Microsoft apps

Discus and support Weird white lines in all Microsoft apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an ASUS tuf fx505 dt gaming laptop. I am facing a weird issue. Whenever I launch VS code or MS teams on my laptop, they open with weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by piyush0_0, Aug 22, 2020.

1. piyush0_0 Win User

Weird white lines in all Microsoft apps

Hi,

I have an ASUS tuf fx505 dt gaming laptop. I am facing a weird issue. Whenever I launch VS code or MS teams on my laptop, they open with weird white lines all over the place, whenever I hover over those lines they disappear. This has been going on with MS teams for quite a while now, but today, it also started happening with VS code. I have reinstalled both MS teams and VS code but these lines still appear when these apps are running.
    As far as I came to know this issue is occurring only with these two apps as of nowboth apps belong to Microsoft. I have also uninstalled some windows updates that I installed today morning just to make sure that it was not because of those updates, I have attached the screenshots down for reference.

Please help me fix this issue asap because I am a computer science student and VS code, MS Teams are essential for me.

My specs are:
    Asus tuf fx505 dt
    8 GB ram
    Ryzen 5 3550h CPU
    Windows 10 home 2004

Weird white lines in all Microsoft apps c003f164-6d90-470f-9986-93575d02e4c8?upload=true.png

Weird white lines in all Microsoft apps 24f3bcf2-63e7-4e73-bb33-65baf59b6615?upload=true.jpg

:)

piyush0_0, Aug 22, 2020
  2. res0khor Win User

white line under icons on taskbar

icons on taskbar in windows 10 has a white line under all programs list in it that are open, is there a way of removing it?

res0khor, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Thin Flashing White Line

Hi Austin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Have you installed all pending updates on the system?
    I suggest you to update your Display drivers and check if the issue is resolved. You can refer the below steps to update the driver software.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I request you to send us the screen shot of the flashing line for us to understand the issue better.

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back you us with the required details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Weird white lines in all Microsoft apps

White lines under installed programs, wont open.

As the title suggests, I am having a problem where pre installed apps have white lines when I click on them and they wont open, as shown here Imgur

EmanuelJacobsson, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Weird white lines in all Microsoft apps

1. Weird white lines in all Microsoft apps - Similar Threads - Weird white lines

2. Weird white lines on certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird white lines on certain apps: Hello recently I started noticing these glitchy white lines on certain apps on my lenovo, What is this, it has weird patterns and it goes in and out like a animation.This is Wallpaper EngineLenovo VantageDo anyone have a solution? I tried updated and updating all my drivers,...
  3. Weird white lines on certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird white lines on certain apps: Hello recently I started noticing these glitchy white lines on certain apps on my lenovo, What is this, it has weird patterns and it goes in and out like a animation.This is Wallpaper EngineLenovo VantageDo anyone have a solution? I tried updated and updating all my drivers,...
  4. Weird white lines on certain apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. weird white lines with movies and tv app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird white lines with movies and tv app: hello I am having weird white lines with the movies and tv app around some objects when I have a video paused in full screen it appears and I have the line that moves which part of the video I want to go there and the lines/over contrast isn't there I'm trying to screenshot a...
  6. weird white lines with movies and tv app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird white lines with movies and tv app: hello I am having weird white lines with the movies and tv app around some objects when I have a video paused in full screen it appears and I have the line that moves which part of the video I want to go there and the lines/over contrast isn't there I'm trying to screenshot a...
  7. Weird white rectangle line on microsoft edge home screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird white rectangle line on microsoft edge home screen: Hi,so i was cleaning my cleaning my keyboard while edge is open. i think i accidentally click something but im not sure what and the white rectangle line appear on home screen only....
  8. Weird white lines under apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird white lines under apps in start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vandesm14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iomnp4/weird_white_lines_under_apps_in_start_menu/
  9. Anybody know what causes these weird white lines/outlines on apps

Anybody know what causes these weird white lines/outlines on apps: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Endus322 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3li71/anybody_know_what_causes_these_weird_white/
  10. help with weird white lines??

help with weird white lines??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rokinjax [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eslzfo/help_with_weird_white_lines/