Windows 10: Weird white shadeing on screen

Discus and support Weird white shadeing on screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Let's start this by saying I have a Microsoft Edge I believe. It's windows 11. Recently a weird white shade has shown up around the edge, it would fade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andy Jones2, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Weird white shadeing on screen

Let's start this by saying I have a Microsoft Edge I believe. It's windows 11. Recently a weird white shade has shown up around the edge, it would fade off slowly. Now theirs more and they fade very very slowly. Any idea to what's going on? And if I can fix it?

:)

Andy Jones2, Apr 12, 2023

2. Weird white shadeing on screen

Weird white shadeing on screen [​IMG]
    Let's start this by saying I have a Microsoft Edge I believe. It's windows 11. Recently a weird white shade has shown up around the edge, it would fade off slowly. Now theirs more and they fade very very slowly. Any idea to what's going on? And if I can fix it?

Andy Jones2, Apr 13, 2023
  3. Sriram Ra Win User
    White Shades appears on the screen

Weird white shadeing on screen 34f5b540-a356-4c9a-a9f0-acc0e3209f4f?upload=true.png

These white shades appears on the screen when scrolling or while using any driver software like Steel series engine etc..?? could anyone give me a solution please..!!!

Sriram Ra, Apr 13, 2023
  4. feber4 Win User

Weird white shadeing on screen

Weird shade with yellowish tint on the screen?

tl;dr: weird shadow on screen with small windows, could be a driver issue, pic related

Hi everyone,

I've been having this problem where a weird shade is cast on my screen when I open 'unmaximized' windows (Start menu, the tooltip when you hover over an item with your cursor, a small window etc.) and the shade is always aligned with the upper part of the window.

I used to think that my iGPU was somehow fried and that the shadow was related to it, but I dual boot with GNU/Linux I have never seen that happen there before. Also, I booted into the safe mode and uninstalled Intel Graphics drivers and the problem disappeared, only to appear right again when I rebooted back into Windows normally, because Windows automatically reinstalled the corresponding drivers.

Then I thought, if this is a driver issue maybe a clean install might help with it. I reinstalled Windows to no avail; clean install, nothing but a browser installed whatsoever. Same annoying shadow greeting me back again.

The problem persisting after a clean install and the fact that it wouldn't happen when I connect a second monitor through HDMI, which is connected to my dGPU, makes me think that it could be related to the iGPU itself, but then why would it go away when I uninstall the drivers and on Linux?

This kept happening from 1909 to 20H2, nothing changed so far.

I also narrowed the problem down to Intel's driver.
    I reinstalled Windows again and the problem starts happening right after Intel drivers are installed automatically. I rolled back the driver using Device Manager and the device turned into "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". No shadow. I updated the driver there, no shadow again. Restarted my computer, shadow came right back. Did the same thing (rolling back and updating) and no shadow.

Weird white shadeing on screen 3048t-weird-shade-yellowish-tint-screen-img_20210425_095545.jpg.0c65ff41081d465d90f48ca623434dd9.jpg

Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening and how I can solve it?

iGPU: Intel UHD 630

dGPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

CPU: i5 8300H

feber4, Apr 13, 2023
Thema:

Weird white shadeing on screen

1. Weird white shadeing on screen - Similar Threads - Weird white shadeing

2. Weird white shadeing on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird white shadeing on screen: Let's start this by saying I have a Microsoft Edge I believe. It's windows 11. Recently a weird white shade has shown up around the edge, it would fade off slowly. Now theirs more and they fade very very slowly. Any idea to what's going on? And if I can fix it?...
  3. Weird Shade On Text and Images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Shade On Text and Images: I don't know if you can see this but there is a type of shade on the logo and on the text. Can this be disabled or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-shade-on-text-and-images/e9f30760-ff37-463e-8097-10a3d55fe5ed
  4. Weird Shade On Text and Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Shade On Text and Images: I don't know if you can see this but there is a type of shade on the logo and on the text. Can this be disabled or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-shade-on-text-and-images/e9f30760-ff37-463e-8097-10a3d55fe5ed
  5. Weird Shade On Text and Images

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Weird shade with yellowish tint on the screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird shade with yellowish tint on the screen?: tl;dr: weird shadow on screen with small windows, could be a driver issue, pic related Hi everyone, I've been having this problem where a weird shade is cast on my screen when I open 'unmaximized' windows (Start menu, the tooltip when you hover over an item with your cursor,...
  7. Weird white globe....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird white globe....: This has happened more than once now. I get what looks like a white internet globe symbol at the bottom right of my desktop screen. There is one large X and 3 smaller x's. They are not clickable and I find no way to get it off my screen. It is covering some desktop icons...
  8. White Shades appears on the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White Shades appears on the screen: [ATTACH] These white shades appears on the screen when scrolling or while using any driver software like Steel series engine etc..?? could anyone give me a solution please..!!!...
  9. Display screen half white shaded

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display screen half white shaded: My monitor screen suddenly became like this. What I can do? I checked wit another monitor and it worked fine. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-screen-half-white-shaded/f86bcbbb-4991-413c-87c6-c8792223d470
  10. Weird flickering and then white screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird flickering and then white screen: Recently I've been having issues with my iMac that has boot camp running on Windows 10, so rather than using normal Mactonish I use Windows 10 for regular usage. I've been getting weird white flickering and then shortly after a complete white screen that stops everything....