Windows 10: Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?

Discus and support Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I'm working on a clean Windows 11 install, and ran into a weird taskbar behavior when rearranging icons. Moving icons not matter what icon it is far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnthonyHonciano1, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?

So I'm working on a clean Windows 11 install, and ran into a weird taskbar behavior when rearranging icons. Moving icons not matter what icon it is far across to the other side or maybe past a large number of icons causes the taskbar to restart and move the icon back to the original spot. It also causes a pause with other things like my keyboard, but the OS is still moving along and responsive with my mouse. But ya, that's happening and not sure how to fix this, as I'm trying to organize my icons on my taskbar into groups.I've recorded the behavior in this attached gif. I'm moving the MAIL

:)

AnthonyHonciano1, Jun 16, 2022

2. Weird taskbar bug

So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy.

Today I was using my PC as usual and all of a sudden every OS window/menu became buggy: taskbar, start button would not come up, alt-tab wasn't working, task manager and windows explorer would crash.

If I launched an app using something like Launchy, the app would open normally and I would use it without any issues.

I thought it was a hardware issue but I ran BIOS diagnostic and it was fine. I restarted a bunch of times and for some reason I decided to uncheck auto-hide taskbar and everything started to run 100% again.

Has anyone had similar bugs? Or can it be something else and it was just random that it stopped after I unchecked auto-hide?

filipeteles, Jun 16, 2022
  3. taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Jun 16, 2022
  4. teh0wner Win User

Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?

Weird behavior while charging

Supplied charger when charging on normal wall socket.. Weird behavior :S

teh0wner, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?

1. Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug? - Similar Threads - Weird taskbar behavior

2. Taskbar Weird Behavior in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Weird Behavior in Windows 11: There are currently two issues that I am facing:1 - When Taskbar auto-hide is ON, the Taskbar simply does not popup in front of every currently opened app when cursor touches the bottom of the screen. It only does so if I manually press the Windows button on my keyboard. I...
  3. Taskbar Weird Behavior in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Weird Behavior in Windows 11: There are currently two issues that I am facing:1 - When Taskbar auto-hide is ON, the Taskbar simply does not popup in front of every currently opened app when cursor touches the bottom of the screen. It only does so if I manually press the Windows button on my keyboard. I...
  4. Bugged Taskbar Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugged Taskbar Behavior: Hello everyoneI'm on windows 11 22H2 version.the hidden task bar behavior feature is totally bugged, whenever i hover with the mouse around the task bar area it doesn't reappear.it functions only when all the opened windows are minimized.This issue might sound trivial, but a...
  5. Bugged Taskbar Behavior

Bugged Taskbar Behavior: Hello everyoneI'm on windows 11 22H2 version.the hidden task bar behavior feature is totally bugged, whenever i hover with the mouse around the task bar area it doesn't reappear.it functions only when all the opened windows are minimized.This issue might sound trivial, but a...
  6. Weird Touchpad Bug Win 11

Weird Touchpad Bug Win 11: Previously there was a bug in my mouse that was flickering. but I managed to fix it by disabling the printscreen button. I tracked it down with carnac . But another problem came suddenly when carnac detected the "Lbutton OEM Clear" button which went crazy, as if it was being...
  7. Weird Touchpad Bug Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Touchpad Bug Win 11: Previously there was a bug in my mouse that was flickering. but I managed to fix it by disabling the printscreen button. I tracked it down with carnac . But another problem came suddenly when carnac detected the "Lbutton OEM Clear" button which went crazy, as if it was being...
  8. Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?

Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?: So I'm working on a clean Windows 11 install, and ran into a weird taskbar behavior when rearranging icons. Moving icons not matter what icon it is far across to the other side or maybe past a large number of icons causes the taskbar to restart and move the icon back to the...
  9. Weird Win+Up behavior in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Win+Up behavior in Windows 10: Normally, when you press Win+Up, it maximizes the current window. But in Windows 10, it sometimes does something else instead. Here's a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/WH9xv8w.png It happens when I have Chrome in a non-maximized window (the kind you get to with Restore...
  10. Weird taskbar bug

Weird taskbar bug: So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy. Today I was using my PC as usual and all of a sudden every OS window/menu became buggy: taskbar, start button would not come up, alt-tab wasn't working, task...