Windows 10: Weird window border and title bar changes after October Update

Discus and support Weird window border and title bar changes after October Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just updated my Windows 10 with the latest updates after installing a new M.2 NVMe SSD (Intel 660p 2TB) onto my laptop. After a while, most of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AppleDavidJeans, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Weird window border and title bar changes after October Update

I just updated my Windows 10 with the latest updates after installing a new M.2 NVMe SSD (Intel 660p 2TB) onto my laptop. After a while, most of my application windows (especially File Explorer) started displaying a weird border and title bar theme, as shown in the image below. I ran antivirus software (both Norton 360 and Malwarebytes), but the scans didn't disable this retro-looking title bar. Does anyone have a similar issue? Anybody know what's going on here? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Weird window border and title bar changes after October Update d5224e85-14f8-4924-8d9f-ee20d6c3823d?upload=true.png

:)

AppleDavidJeans, Jun 19, 2019

2. Changing Window Borders and Title Bar WITHOUT messing up anything ELSE

Scannow apparently is happy.

Weird window border and title bar changes after October Update [​IMG]

And here is the Display resolution report.

I'll now reboot as you suggested, see what happens, and report back to you.

Florida Rene, Jun 19, 2019
  3. DJC
    djc Win User
    Title Bar wont change

Understand that default Title Bar in Windows 10 is white, However when I click on themes (which shows various title
    bar/window borders colors (or Shades) my Title Bar stays completely white. Can anyone understand my questions & have any suggestions?

4. Cliff S Win User

Weird window border and title bar changes after October Update

Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color

Cliff S, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Weird window border and title bar changes after October Update

1. Weird window border and title bar changes after October Update - Similar Threads - Weird window border

2. Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show accent color on title bars and windows borders is not working: I am using Windows 11. I'd like my title bars to not be gray so I can more easily see them. It would make it much easier for me to see the windows to click and move them if they were a color. I followed the instructions on the Microsoft help page Change colors in Windows -...
  3. Title bar and border- translucency and style in current builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title bar and border- translucency and style in current builds: Sometimes people ask about translucent titlebars and borders. Ive just discovered Stardocks Curtains, which came out in 2020. This changes the title bar, buttons and border for most windows. Theres a reasonable range of ready-made ones available, with more downloadable and...
  4. The window title bar and border is different and I want to change it back.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The window title bar and border is different and I want to change it back.: Recently I my computer restarted, and now the the title bar and border for many windows like File Explorer are different. Specifically, there is a thick blue border around the window, and the caption buttons (Min, Max, and Close) also look different. It looks like this:...
  5. Is there a way to enable window border color without the title bars?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to enable window border color without the title bars?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DeadCatGuppy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ft0c4n/is_there_a_way_to_enable_window_border_color/
  6. Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?: Is there a way of changing the colour of ONLY the title bars OR the window borders? In the latest update, they seem to have changed it so that both are changed together I usually have it blue but having this colour obscures the options to the top left and having it white...
  7. Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast: I have High Contrast enabled in Win10. The active title bar and borders are purple while the inactive title bar and border is dark blue. Can this be changed? 115988
  8. Changing Window Borders and Title Bar WITHOUT messing up anything ELSE

Changing Window Borders and Title Bar WITHOUT messing up anything ELSE: Windows 10 Pro is on. And, of course, it's truly UGLY. MS may think this grotesque white-on-white scheme is cute, but it's glaring and unproductive..... I've made my display background 50% gray for all the displays. I've fixed the start and taskbar colors using Classic...
  9. Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars

Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars: Hi, I've been using the Aerolite theme as soon as I discovered it, as I couldn't stand white windows overlaying white windows. So I didn't know MS has added narrow borders and coloured title bars. So if you've been using that theme- well, it seems it's not needed now. And...
  10. Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color

in Browsers and Email
    Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color: Hi Everyone, I performed a search in this forum for a method to change the border/title bar from white to a different color..at least for me, the white color is WAY to bright..and it is very distracting. Doing a search about it elsewhere on the web..didn't help, in fact most...