Windows 10: Weird Window that does not close

Discus and support Weird Window that does not close in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My friend just emailed me yesterday two pictures of a window that says {dependencyProperty.UnsetValue}. He says it does not go away and he has to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VictorMello, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Weird Window that does not close

My friend just emailed me yesterday two pictures of a window that says {dependencyProperty.UnsetValue}.
    He says it does not go away and he has to reset his machine so he can use it until it shows up a few minutes later.
    I asked him if he installed anything or did any updates. He said he has done nothing.

Both him and I are working so I don't have access to his machine and he can't send me more info right now.

I will try to see him tomorrow, but I just wanted to know... From these pictures, do you guys know what this is?

:)

VictorMello, Nov 16, 2017

2. Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I thought at first it was an app. problem but that was not the case. The weird thing is that it does not always crash. There are times when you can x out of the message and nothing changes and other times the app. may close but Internet Explorer does
    not close.

RonaldColvin, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    Car radio that will work Bluetooth to Lumia 950XL

What do you mean by ‘closes’ – no audio while reading or does something crash/reboot?

Abi99 (2), Nov 16, 2017
  4. Weird Window that does not close

Hi VictorMello.

The second picture in more in focus but hard to tell.

When this happens if your friend does CRTL+ALT+DEL is anything showing under apps.

On task bar is there an icon with a blue line under it? If they hover over it does it give a name?

Next I would use the clean boot process to identify what is causing so that it may be fixed or eliminated.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 17, 2017
Thema:

Weird Window that does not close

1. Weird Window that does not close - Similar Threads - Weird Window does

2. Why does the dashboard look weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the dashboard look weird: Why does my Windows 11 dashboard look like this. This is not the format that I am used to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-dashboard-look-weird/2ea08a7b-9bde-4898-8be3-4c2d10fbc1af
  3. Why does Quicken for Windows keep closing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Quicken for Windows keep closing?: When I open Quicken for Windows, an error message pops up saying that something is wrong and Microsoft is being notified. The program then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-quicken-for-windows-keep-closing/c5cedd48-46f3-44a0-bb48-b3345a24b840
  4. Why does Quicken for Windows keep closing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Quicken for Windows keep closing?: When I open Quicken for Windows, an error message pops up saying that something is wrong and Microsoft is being notified. The program then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-quicken-for-windows-keep-closing/c5cedd48-46f3-44a0-bb48-b3345a24b840
  5. Windows + R does something weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows + R does something weird: Hello Microsoft and others,I recently installed windows 10 on my new desktop.I am running into problems when I try to use windows + R.If I type a command like in the attached pictures, it tries to open a file instead of a location.I already tried System File Checker and it...
  6. Windows + R does something weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows + R does something weird: Hello Microsoft and others,I recently installed windows 10 on my new desktop.I am running into problems when I try to use windows + R.If I type a command like in the attached pictures, it tries to open a file instead of a location.I already tried System File Checker and it...
  7. Windows + R does something weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot.: Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 whenever I use the Restart button Windows closes OK and my computer continues to run, but Windows fails to reboot and I have to press the Reset button to get it to reboot. Power settings are the same as I had in Win 7 and the...
  9. Alt F4 does not close a window

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt F4 does not close a window: I just unpacked my brand new Microsoft surface pro today and find that I cannot close a window using alt F4. I find this very irritating... Brand new ms machine and the kbd driver doesn't work properly???...
  10. Shift + Space does weird things

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift + Space does weird things: Whenever I press Shift + Spacebar my computer acts like I pressed other keys, like f6 and others. This messes up a lot of things from typing to playing games. Is there a way to check if I accidentally made a shortcut or something? 33803