Windows 10: Weird windows 10 behavior

Discus and support Weird windows 10 behavior in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just wonder if anyone has encountered these behaviors? It happens to me every time without exception: If I do a restart, the computer restarts but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dave23, Aug 27, 2015.

1. dave23 Win User

Weird windows 10 behavior

Just wonder if anyone has encountered these behaviors? It happens to me every time without exception:
    If I do a restart, the computer restarts but makes the windows 7-start sound. Upon getting to the desktop, the laptop battery meter is missing and the quiet hours, location and flight mode from the action centre are also missing.
    If I then shut down the computer and start it up again, it starts without making any sound and the battery meter and the three action centre icons reappear.
    Apart from that, the computer/files are the same. Weird, it’s like having two different profiles. Ideas anyone?

:)

dave23, Aug 27, 2015

2. Weird Behavior.

jurgen73 wrote:

ActiveSync does not recognize phone even if windows says is ready to use.

Does this happen all the time?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 27, 2015
  3. jurgen73 Win User
    Weird Behavior.

Can anyone explain why these happens?

• ActiveSync does not syncronize the whole outlook email, just a few emails
    • ActiveSync does not recognize phone even if windows says is ready to use.
    I don't get any error messages or anything on both cases. and I'm using Outlook 2003 with ActiveSync 4.5.

Thanks in advance,

jurgen73, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

Weird windows 10 behavior

1. Weird windows 10 behavior - Similar Threads - Weird behavior

2. Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge: I began having this issue recently and may even be in connection to updates done on march 12. here it is on start menu - video from my phone (youtube) and here it is on a settings menu I cannot type in Edge's address bar.. focus switches to the bookmark star whenever I...
  3. Registry Edits Causing Folder Settings To Not Save And Other Weird Behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry Edits Causing Folder Settings To Not Save And Other Weird Behavior: After modifying the registry to remove the "3D Objects" Folder from view when browing the "This PC" menu, I started to notice weird quirks with files in general. First I was unable to rename folders, which I fixed by using the folder protocol associations" file found on this...
  4. Weird mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird mouse behavior: Hello. My mouse has started working very weird today (and not only this mouse, I have tried another one to see if it's just problem with this one). So to start: It clicks its scroll itself. Sometimes it's just fine and sometimes it just clicks it itself. It's really...
  5. touchpad scroll showing weird behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad scroll showing weird behavior: My touchpad has the two-fingers to scroll a page thing enabled. I don't know why but it started showing weird behaviors recently. I usually use a mouse so I didn't notice till recently but every third scroll, the page scrolls in the opposite direction of the last two........
  6. Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files: I've been experiencing a weird problem on my PC for a long time and it's driving me nuts. When I first boot it up it's fine, and as long as I don't handle any large files (like tens of gigabytes or larger), it's fine for days. But if I start copying large files from drive to...
  7. Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files: I've been experiencing a weird problem on my PC for a long time and it's driving me nuts. When I first boot it up it's fine, and as long as I don't handle any large files (like tens of gigabytes or larger), it's fine for days. But if I start copying large files from drive to...
  8. Weird behavior, possible Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird behavior, possible Trojan: Symptoms: 1. Volume icon appears with a red cross even though all sound devices are working. 2. With UAC set to default, a notification pops up at startup asking my permission to run explorer.exe 3. I can't run some programs. 4. Malwarebytes web protection suddenly...
  9. Weird behavior at restart, please help analyze error reports.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird behavior at restart, please help analyze error reports.: I hope that this is the right place to post this. I don't believe that I had a BSOD this time (as there seem to be no dump files), but it was an odd and worrying event, and there seem to be some associated error logs (which I have included in this post). I had a computer...
  10. System restore - weird behavior

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore - weird behavior: I seem to be running into some odd behavior with system restore. I wanted to delete my old restore points and create a new one. So under system restore>configure, I selected delete. The "current usage" dropped to 0 GB. But when I closed it and went back in to...