Windows 10: Weird Windows 10 boot issue

Discus and support Weird Windows 10 boot issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am working on a friends Dell Optiplex 9030 all-in-one. it was given to me with a bad hard drive. I replaced it with a Crucial 500 GB SSD. It booted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by William Reiss, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Weird Windows 10 boot issue

I am working on a friends Dell Optiplex 9030 all-in-one. it was given to me with a bad hard drive. I replaced it with a Crucial 500 GB SSD. It booted from the Windows 10 installation disk just fine and installed Windows. However, when I restart the computer with no boot disk in the dvd drive I get the message that no boot device is found. If I put the Win 10 installation cd in the drive and ignore the "press any key to boot from dvd" it will boot into windows just fine. The boot sequence is SSD first then optical drive. If I choose optical drive first it will boot straight into Windows Install. Any ideas folks? Thanks in advance!

:)

William Reiss, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 weird font issue

Hi Jason,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know:

• If the issue is specific to any web-browser?
    • Does the issue also occur with documents saved in your computer?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try in “in-Private” mode and check if it helps. Here is the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+P.
    If the issue still persists, then try login in “Compatibility Mode” and check. See the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on Tools icon and select
      Compatibility view settings
    Share the results and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Weird Windows 10 boot issue

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Weird Windows 10 boot issue

1. Weird Windows 10 boot issue - Similar Threads - Weird boot issue

2. Weird Boot Issues and others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Boot Issues and others: Hi,I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ALC6 which came with windows 10, now upgraded to win 11.I recently noticed my laptop getting into weird issues like getting stuck for sometime at the time of boot, specifically when windows is being loaded the little circle going around. After a...
  3. Weird Boot Issues and others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Boot Issues and others: Hi,I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ALC6 which came with windows 10, now upgraded to win 11.I recently noticed my laptop getting into weird issues like getting stuck for sometime at the time of boot, specifically when windows is being loaded the little circle going around. After a...
  4. Weird Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Windows 10 sound issue: I posted questions elsewhere here the Settings section I think , but am getting no answers , so maybe I put them in the wrong location in the forums ... so I will try in this sectionA week ago , I went to a friends house to do a big game update on my desktop gaming PC , and...
  5. Weird Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Windows 10 sound issue: I posted questions elsewhere here the Settings section I think , but am getting no answers , so maybe I put them in the wrong location in the forums ... so I will try in this sectionA week ago , I went to a friends house to do a big game update on my desktop gaming PC , and...
  6. Weird Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. A Weird Network Issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A Weird Network Issue on Windows 10: Hi I am facing an exteremely wiered issue from last 3-4 months. Suddenly my Work laptop network starts behaving abnormally/wierd like 1 - WiFi will show connected but the icon on system tray goes greyed out and network status will show not connected to internet but...
  8. Help! weird boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help! weird boot issues: Since my computer was running 7 i upgraded to 10 today. However, I've been having weird boot issues. To simplify things, if I shut down my computer, wait about 5 mins, and turn it back on, everything is fine. However, if I restart the computer I have to do this for driver...
  9. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...
  10. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...