Windows 10: Weird windows defender notification

Discus and support Weird windows defender notification in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was compressing a folder, and a notification by Windows Defender popped up saying: "Your IT administrator requires a security scan of this item. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/olocow1, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Weird windows defender notification

I was compressing a folder, and a notification by Windows Defender popped up saying: "Your IT administrator requires a security scan of this item. The scan could take up to 10 seconds." I don't ever recall receiving this message in the past, and the computer I use is a home PC, so I thought it was kind of sketchy... I've done a full scan on my computer, and I didn't receive any threats/malware. Anyone know anything about this?

submitted by /u/olocow1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/olocow1, Nov 12, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 12, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Weird windows defender notification

windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Weird windows defender notification

1. Weird windows defender notification - Similar Threads - Weird defender notification

2. Windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender notification: Can anybody tell me how to fix windows defender notification problem because it's recent scan notification do not pop up but when I turn it off that notification come. I already reset my system many times and after reset notification perfectly work but after sometime it do...
  3. windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender notification: Hi, I recently updated my win 11 but after the update was complete there were many notifications like this that kept coming up its something about .net runtime idk what to do is my device hacked or something?...
  4. windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender notification: Hi, I recently updated my win 11 but after the update was complete there were many notifications like this that kept coming up its something about .net runtime idk what to do is my device hacked or something?...
  5. Windows Defender notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender notification: Yesterday I got a notice on screen that I have a Trojan. There was a Windows phone contact number. I called and connected to a "microsoft troubleshooter". He had me to download Ultra Viewer and I allowed him to connect to my computer. He was on the phone and computer with me...
  6. Windows Defender notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender notification: Yesterday I got a notice on screen that I have a Trojan. There was a Windows phone contact number. I called and connected to a "microsoft troubleshooter". He had me to download Ultra Viewer and I allowed him to connect to my computer. He was on the phone and computer with me...
  7. weird notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    weird notification: this popped up while in game, which is weird and i dont run sketchy games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/weird-notification/cb61068e-449c-40c1-acd6-dda4d4d75a86
  8. Weird notification

Weird notification: Today when i logged onto my computer i got and alert which i think was from Microsoft Defender but I dont know for sure. It said there was a security message. I clicked it and it said my computer was vulnerable and I needed to turn this setting on. I slide the bar and closed...
  9. Weird Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Notifications: I am getting notifications showing up in the taskbar notification from something called bcpushru that I can't find anywhere else on my computer. It isn't in settings, it isn't a download, it isn't listed under notifications. I am confused as to where it is coming from. It...
  10. Windows Defender notification

Windows Defender notification: Where is notification history? The notice that said a virus was found disappeared when I clicked on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-notification/9a66370a-e2c7-4eb9-8ad5-bc80153ba2c6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your it administrator requires a security scan