Windows 10: Weird Windows Explorer Desktop

Discus and support Weird Windows Explorer Desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,I have just started having this problem with my PC and the only way I can fix it is if I open up task manager and the hit restart. I have tested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nathan Allen2, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Weird Windows Explorer Desktop

Hi All,I have just started having this problem with my PC and the only way I can fix it is if I open up task manager and the hit restart. I have tested and updated the following,The Ram is fine and seated correctly.GPU is fine and seated correctly, I have updated it to newest driver and also rolled it back.cleaned the system free of dust.all fans are connected and running properly.Always happens after about an hour and every time I exit a game or movie it annoys me and I open up task manager and restart it to fix the problem but is there something else I am missing here?

:)

Nathan Allen2, Oct 1, 2022

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2022
  4. mixa Win User

Weird Windows Explorer Desktop

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Weird Windows Explorer Desktop wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Weird Windows Explorer Desktop

1. Weird Windows Explorer Desktop - Similar Threads - Weird Explorer Desktop

2. Weird desktop display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird desktop display: Hi ,My desk top is showing up in a weird display.I want to restore it to a normal display.any help here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-display/6e99f8bc-86e0-4ba1-bf9b-ecd144373cc4
  3. Weird Windows Explorer Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Windows Explorer Desktop: Hi All,I have just started having this problem with my PC and the only way I can fix it is if I open up task manager and the hit restart. I have tested and updated the following,The Ram is fine and seated correctly.GPU is fine and seated correctly, I have updated it to newest...
  4. Weird Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Desktop Folder: Alright, so here's the issue - I have two different "desktops". One that I see, and my desktop folder. Attached are two images that help when I'm explaining things. The top image is my desktop folder, and the bottom is what I see when I minimize a window on my right monitor....
  5. Weird Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Desktop Folder: Alright, so here's the issue - I have two different "desktops". One that I see, and my desktop folder. Attached are two images that help when I'm explaining things. The top image is my desktop folder, and the bottom is what I see when I minimize a window on my right monitor....
  6. Weird Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Desktop Icons: So recently I completely reset my PC, and the icons have been like this for a few days now and I can not find a single solution to this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-icons/a2b93bb9-1afe-4977-bfd9-c5850696f857
  7. Weird Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Desktop Icons: So recently I completely reset my PC, and the icons have been like this for a few days now and I can not find a single solution to this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-icons/a2b93bb9-1afe-4977-bfd9-c5850696f857
  8. A weird Windows Explorer problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A weird Windows Explorer problem.: I'm having a weird issue with Windows explorer on my machine. I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900 If I create a folder in a program such as Epson Document Capture Pro the folder will NOT show up in Windows Explorer. However, if I use Chrome...
  9. Weird windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird windows explorer: [ATTACH] Hello. Colors in windows explorer went wrong. The button highlight color almost everywhere except Task Manager is white, instead of blue. It is very annoying. And be aware, I've just finished resetting windows this is how it should be everywhere this is...
  10. weird file on desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird file on desktop.: For some reason this random empty file (no file type) with the name "..." appeared yesterday. I've done windows updates, virus scans, restarted and shut down my computer and cleaned up some space but the file will not go away. It randomly keeps moving all over my desktop,...