Windows 10: Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin

Discus and support Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'll start by including a link to a picture of my issue since it is visually difficult to describe: https://imgur.com/a/lkzpXvQSo when I click to enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J'Lynn, Aug 14, 2022.

1. J'Lynn Win User

Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin

I'll start by including a link to a picture of my issue since it is visually difficult to describe: https://imgur.com/a/lkzpXvQSo when I click to enter my password, the screen just goes black. I can't enter my PIN, not even blind. I can't click on anything at all the screen just goes black. I don't know what to do at all. Any suggestions are appreciated.

:)

J'Lynn, Aug 14, 2022
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 14, 2022
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin

1. Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin - Similar Threads - Weird Log Issue

2. Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin: I'll start by including a link to a picture of my issue since it is visually difficult to describe: https://imgur.com/a/lkzpXvQSo when I click to enter my password, the screen just goes black. I can't enter my PIN, not even blind. I can't click on anything at all the screen...
  3. Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Windows Log-in Issue, black screen, can't enter pin: I'll start by including a link to a picture of my issue since it is visually difficult to describe: https://imgur.com/a/lkzpXvQSo when I click to enter my password, the screen just goes black. I can't enter my PIN, not even blind. I can't click on anything at all the screen...
  4. Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen: Hi allThis is a strange situation but I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm at a loss.My laptop keyboard input is messed up as is my monitor so I'm plugged into an external keyboard and monitor. On the windows 10 login screen, I can't enter my pin or challenge phrase or...
  5. Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input issues: can't enter pin on startup screen: Hi allThis is a strange situation but I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm at a loss.My laptop keyboard input is messed up as is my monitor so I'm plugged into an external keyboard and monitor. On the windows 10 login screen, I can't enter my pin or challenge phrase or...
  6. can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen

can't enter a pin on hello pin creation screen: I have a brand new HP desktop that I've never been able to use. It first asks for a password which I'm able to key. Then it goes to a create a hello pin entry screen. It doesn't allow me to enter anything. If I cancel or try to get out of the screen, it displays a message...
  7. Weird Black Screen after logging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Black Screen after logging in: A friend of mine is seeing a weird black screen about 6 minutes after logging in to his HP Laptop. This is the screen: [ATTACH]He tried restarting and running a scan using Kaspersky, but the problem persisted. However, upon running safe mode, the problem didn't appear. Apart...
  8. I get to log on screen, enter my pin, screen blacks out and will not respond

I get to log on screen, enter my pin, screen blacks out and will not respond: Screen sits on empty screen. Mouse works. But nothing on screen except cursor. Cmd Alt Delete brings up task manager but says nothing is running....
  9. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...
  10. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...