Windows 10: Weird Windows Update error

Discus and support Weird Windows Update error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day. After booting WU today, I was greeted by this weird screen. [ATTACH] Some dates say 1970... WTF? 117316 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eLPuSHeR, Sep 5, 2018.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Weird Windows Update error

Good day.

After booting WU today, I was greeted by this weird screen.

Weird Windows Update error C3KtfeV.png

Some dates say 1970... WTF?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Sep 5, 2018
  2. DaMulta Win User

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Sep 5, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Weird Windows Update error

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird Windows Update error

1. Weird Windows Update error - Similar Threads - Weird Update error

2. weird error with windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird error with windows: hello Microsoft I think my computer may be bugged because almost every single time i open up a application such as google discord epic games etc. I get a pop up saying "C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try...
  3. weird error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    weird error: Log Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date: 2/17/2021 8:59:47 PM Event ID: 4798 Task Category: User Account Management Level: Information Keywords: Audit Success User: N/A Computer: ₩яξ₭ɐɓ3...
  4. Weird error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird error message: When I log in as the admin on my Windows 10 PC, I get this weird error message. What do I need to fix? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-error-message/b13e587d-4727-4668-ac6e-056a9593e805
  5. Weird driver error Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird driver error Windows 10 2004 update: Hello guys, yesterday I installed the 2004 version of Windows 10, the build is 19041.423. When I went to go and check Windows update, I received an error message saying that my current driver could be better than the one I'm trying to install. But I mean, I'm not doing...
  6. Updating weirdness

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating weirdness: I have 4 Windows 10 rigs at the house, three of them came with Windows 10, they are no problem. The fourth rig is the one that I upgraded in place from Win7. For the longest time Windows Defender would not work, so I went third party. Then something happened with a recent...
  7. Weird OneDrive error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird OneDrive error: I need your help with this problem, I have gotten it in many games I have tried to install and now using a program and do not know what is wrong with my onedrive. Can I use a different destination for whatever procedures would take place here? This is the error along with a...
  8. Weird error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird error.: [ATTACH] Okay so it says I'm up to date but it also shows a red error, so I don't know what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-error/8b38db2f-22d7-4c76-b95e-27815114f6d6
  9. a relly weird error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a relly weird error: ok so will start from the begining i was just using my vpn (nordvpn) and switched it off and on here and there then i also used bitdefendervpn here and there but not as much then one day i get the relly weard thing where i can like access websites and stuff that i have...
  10. Weird sleep error?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird sleep error?: Okay so something odd happened to me last night. When I went to go put my computer to sleep it was taking an abnormal long time to go into sleep. Yet it was able to after a few minutes, so I turned it on and tried again and it wasn't going to sleep at all for about 3-5...