Windows 10: Weirdest Audio Bug.

Discus and support Weirdest Audio Bug. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I've been using a msi gaming laptop for about a month, and a day ago the audio just suddenly cuts- poof no audio, but the weird part is, some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kkguy24, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Kkguy24 Win User

Weirdest Audio Bug.

So, I've been using a msi gaming laptop for about a month, and a day ago the audio just suddenly cuts- poof no audio, but the weird part is,

some of my games don't produce audios, but some do. This isn't the first time this happened, i usually managed to fix it, by updating the audio driver,

however, now nothing i do seems to work, system restore, uninstalling and reinstalling audio driver, checking sound setting and messing with the speaker properties- nothing. I've searched countless forums i order to find a solution to no prevail. Another detail is how this issue only seems to affect games and not windows itself. For example, Youtube makes sound, as well as anything else in google chrome, but not games, only a certain select that i have tried seem to work.

Here are my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_146211D8&REV_1000

Thanks for any help i do get.

:)

Kkguy24, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Vanessa Sohtun Win User
    Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 14, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Weirdest Audio Bug.

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Weirdest Audio Bug.

1. Weirdest Audio Bug. - Similar Threads - Weirdest Audio Bug

2. Graphics bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics bug: My computer has graphics issues and lags when playing installed games when it has good specs and should be playing games at high quality, I wasn't sure if it was a driver issue but I don't know much about that so I need help! Might be a problem with steam. Ive tried a...
  3. Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug: Hi, in the down right of the windows 10 bar it is a button and if you press it you can go to desktop if you are in a game(you need to press the windows home button and after that the one from right down) and after the last feature update i can not do that anymore... Before...
  4. Audio bug

Audio bug: Hello, So I had this bug effect two computers now without a clear solution. Where the audio will not play, even after Windows updates, both drivers being replaced and updates, and even 3-rd party application said to fix it. In the Windows' sound setting you can see that it...
  5. Sades SA-708 Headphones mic not working, and audio bugs

Sades SA-708 Headphones mic not working, and audio bugs: I recently got new headphones, and these ones worked great! A few days later, they don't work! The mic isn't working. The audio is kinda glitching out. My friends can hear themselves talking. I don't know how to fix this. Someone please help....
  6. Font bug

Font bug: Hey, lately i´ve been noticing some font bugs in windows and in applications like chrome. It seems like something is changing random letters into another font or something. Can anyone help me?[ATTACH]...
  7. Bluetooth Audio is Bugged in 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Audio is Bugged in 1803: Found a bug with Bluetooth audio with 1803. I can reproduce on 4 computers with clean install or upgrade. Same bug. So this PC has a Broadcom USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. I have a pair of Creative Bluetooth speaker that connects to it. I only use this as a backup speaker. My...
  8. bitdefender bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitdefender bug: In Windows 10 fast track, if Bitdefender is turned off, the following work: Code: C:\Users\jar_2>nslookup www.yahoo.com Server: cdns01.comcast.net Address: 2001:558:feed::1 Non-authoritative answer: Name: fd-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com Addresses: 2001:4998:58:c02::a9...
  9. Security Updates Bug / Bugging

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Security Updates Bug / Bugging: Windows has been bugging me to update my security settings for the next update, Creator. I have been passing them by, but the last time I updated them in the control panel. This AM they bugged me again -- and -- took hold of the machine. This time the message could not be...
  10. BUG

in Windows 10 Support
    BUG: There is a bug in Windows 10. Edge, when minimized, is in the toolbar indicated as closed. So you think on exit it is closed. 14504

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows audio bug