Windows 10: Weirdest Audio Bug.

Discus and support Weirdest Audio Bug. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I've been using a msi gaming laptop for about a month, and a day ago the audio just suddenly cuts- poof no audio, but the weird part is, some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kkguy24, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Kkguy24 Win User

Weirdest Audio Bug.

So, I've been using a msi gaming laptop for about a month, and a day ago the audio just suddenly cuts- poof no audio, but the weird part is,

some of my games don't produce audios, but some do. This isn't the first time this happened, i usually managed to fix it, by updating the audio driver,

however, now nothing i do seems to work, system restore, uninstalling and reinstalling audio driver, checking sound setting and messing with the speaker properties- nothing. I've searched countless forums i order to find a solution to no prevail. Another detail is how this issue only seems to affect games and not windows itself. For example, Youtube makes sound, as well as anything else in google chrome, but not games, only a certain select that i have tried seem to work.

Here are my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_146211D8&REV_1000

Thanks for any help i do get.

:)

Kkguy24, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 14, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Weirdest Audio Bug.

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Weirdest Audio Bug.

1. Weirdest Audio Bug. - Similar Threads - Weirdest Audio Bug

2. Audio bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio bug?: Ever since the latest windows 11 update yesterday, the front audio port on my pc no longer works. What's going on with this? The green port at the back works but now the one at the front which ive used for well over a year since i got the pc had just ceased to function...
  3. Audio bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio bug?: Ever since the latest windows 11 update yesterday, the front audio port on my pc no longer works. What's going on with this? The green port at the back works but now the one at the front which ive used for well over a year since i got the pc had just ceased to function...
  4. Audio bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio bug: Hello everyone!I'm having some trouble with a bluetooth headset,the audio works perfectly fine,but when I open any game the audio service doesn't work anymore and I dont hear anyting untill I restart my pc...
  5. Audio bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio bug: Hello everyone!I'm having some trouble with a bluetooth headset,the audio works perfectly fine,but when I open any game the audio service doesn't work anymore and I dont hear anyting untill I restart my pc...
  6. Weirdest bsod issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weirdest bsod issue: Stop code Whea uncorrectable errors some times it displays driver irql not less or equal i must say it happens when playing dota2 and black dessert online also upon installing large games. but i have installed and played game such as witcher 3, rdr2, monster hunter world, and...
  7. Weirdest Glitch EVER

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weirdest Glitch EVER: [ATTACH] Any idea on how this folder has NO NAME at all? as far as I know, you can't put invisible characters on your folder name and even if you create one it would have said "New Folder". I found this on my USB that I got 5 years ago...
  8. Audio bug

Audio bug: Hello, so I use wireless headphones (bluetooth) and there has been a few games that when I load the game up, my audio breaks and just plays quiet crackling sounds, and mutes all other audio. When I close the games my audio goes back to normal, so far this has happened with...
  9. Weirdest fucking bug I've seen on Win10

Weirdest fucking bug I've seen on Win10: 1909, latest update. Starting my laptop without the mouse plugged in doesn't cause any issues. Plugging my mouse in neither. Using the trackpad with the mouse plugged in is fine. BUT, after the very first mouse click, my taskbar becomes completely unresponsive, can only...
  10. Audio bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio bug: Hello, So I had this bug effect two computers now without a clear solution. Where the audio will not play, even after Windows updates, both drivers being replaced and updates, and even 3-rd party application said to fix it. In the Windows' sound setting you can see that it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows audio bug