Windows 10: Weirdness with Microphone Delays and Dragon

Discus and support Weirdness with Microphone Delays and Dragon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure where to post this, and also not sure if I'll ever figure this out, but thought I'd post here for some expert help... I use Dragon Medical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ericnixmd, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Weirdness with Microphone Delays and Dragon

Not sure where to post this, and also not sure if I'll ever figure this out, but thought I'd post here for some expert help...

I use Dragon Medical Practice Edition for dictating. I use a Philips SpeechMike for dictations.

When I'm running DMPE and click the record button on my microphone, there is a 1-3 second delay before the light comes on and I can start dictating. What's really weird is if I'm running Pandora, the light comes on instantly and allows me to start recording immediately. Also, if I start recording, stop, then start again within 30 seconds of stopping, everyone works instantly.

What could Pandora be doing that would cause this? Is there some sort of setting in Windows that causes microphones to time out and Pandora is keeping that from coming into play with constantly streaming audio? I have USB power management turned off, so the USB device isn't being put to sleep.

:)

ericnixmd, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

Microphone connection with Dragon 13 and Windows 10

Hi Michael,

One of the possible cause to this issue is compatibility conflict. Some user reports that the latest version of Dragon 13 doesn't require Compatibility mode in order to run correctly. We suggest turning off Compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Locate Dragon 13 shortcut and right click it.
    • Select Properties from the list.
    • Click on Compatibility tab and locate Run this program in compatibility mode for and uncheck it.
    • Click OK to save the changes and try running the application again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Microphone connection with Dragon 13 and Windows 10

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your suggestions, but no joy. The Compatibility facility was already unchecked.

Dragon 13 is fully installed on Windows 10, am able to do a normal microphone test, and even saw speech to text appear in a Dragon test window. But no sound seems to get through to Dragon when I try to use it, thus no text appears in Word, email, or anything
    else. I suspect my Realtek sound card may be the culprit, since I came across warnings somewhere. Maddening.

MichaelRabiger, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Jess Bor Win User

Microphone delay

Hi Alarask,

We appreciate you posting your concern here in the Community forum. Follow these steps in order to remedy the issue:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Type in Sound.
    3. Select Recording tab.
    4. Select Microphone.
    5. Click on Properties button.
    6. Select Listen tab.
    7. Uncheck Listen to this device.
    8. Hit OK and go to Playback tab.
    9. Select your playback device and use Properties button.
    10. Select the Levels tab and unmute the microphone.

If those steps didn't fix it, try to unpair the connection and pair it again.

If issue is still there, you may try to update the driver with the use of the steps in this link.

Please reply to this thread for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Weirdness with Microphone Delays and Dragon - Similar Threads - Weirdness Microphone Delays

2. Dragon 13.6 not recognising my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragon 13.6 not recognising my microphone: I have been using Dragon 13.6 software for some time and have just purchased a new microphone setup. The software is not able to find my microphone even though the microphone is working perfectly for Zoom meetings and also with the Microsoft sound recording app. I have a good...
  3. Dragon 13.6 not recognising my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dragon 13.6 not recognising my microphone: I have been using Dragon 13.6 software for some time and have just purchased a new microphone setup. The software is not able to find my microphone even though the microphone is working perfectly for Zoom meetings and also with the Microsoft sound recording app. I have a good...
  4. Microphone Causing Input Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Causing Input Delay: Whenever I use my microphone to record, or chat with friends on discord and I play Minecraft Bedrock, I always notice input delays keyboard, mouse, etc. It is very annoying because it only happens in bedrock, and no it's not because of 1.16.200. I do play on bedrock 1.18, but...
  5. Microphone Causing Input Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Causing Input Delay: Whenever I use my microphone to record, or chat with friends on discord and I play Minecraft Bedrock, I always notice input delays keyboard, mouse, etc. It is very annoying because it only happens in bedrock, and no it's not because of 1.16.200. I do play on bedrock 1.18, but...
  6. Weird Issue with microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird Issue with microphone: Hi guys, So i've just upgraded my computer and downloaded everything i need and i was using discord when i noticed something really strange, when i play any kind of audio other than discord audio, it stops my microphone from working, for example i was making a noise to...
  7. Microphone playback delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone playback delay: Hi, I just bought a new USB microphone for my windows 10 PC. It works fine, however, I'd like to listen to myself while I record. I've followed all the steps to listen to the microphone, but there's a pretty noticeable delay in the audio. How do I fix the delay? There's also...
  8. Controller feels delayed and weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controller feels delayed and weird: Hello, I play with a ps4 controller on pc when playing fortnite and everything has been fine for about 5 months, however recently my controller (which i bought last week) feels very delayed and sometimes the joystick will act on its own and feel heavy in game (not drift!...
  9. RDP Microphone delay in calls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP Microphone delay in calls: I use RDP and remote audio to work on my work's laptop from my desktop's screen - which is a 2k 27" screen versus the small laptop screen of my laptop. I'm in the same LAN, so it's not even via internet. the only thing that could impact performance might be that the laptop...
  10. Microphone delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone delay: i recently got a Wireless USB Logitech G533 and the playback is about half a second late when i have the listen to this device checked in the microphone properties. But, when i am just sitting in Sound properties looking at my recording devices there is no delay. Does anyone...