Windows 10: Welcome and Restart screen are in another language

Discus and support Welcome and Restart screen are in another language in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently bought this pre-built computer from Hong Kong and got it shipped to the UK and the language is set to ChineseI change the system preferred... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Wskiu -_-, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Wskiu -_- Win User

Welcome and Restart screen are in another language

I recently bought this pre-built computer from Hong Kong and got it shipped to the UK and the language is set to ChineseI change the system preferred language to English in the settings I tried going to the control panel's region settings and went to the Administrative tab and Copy the settings. They were all set to English United Kingdom. I checked both boxes "copy to Welcome screen and System accounts" and "New user accounts" and restartedAfter the restart, only the date was set to English and not the Welcome or the Restart screenis there any way I can change it? or is it stuck as Chinese

:)

Wskiu -_-, Apr 14, 2023

2. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Apr 14, 2023
  3. Restart Screen

Hi Phil,

The issue with the languages on the keyboard could be due to the currently installed languages on the device. To address the issue, we suggest following these steps to remove any unnecessary languages installed:

• Go to Settings.
    • Once you’re on Settings, choose Time & Language.
    • Go to the section Region & language.
    • Under Languages, click the language that you want to be activated on your PC then, choose
      Options.
    • Under Keyboards, you should see which keyboard languages are installed on the device. Choose the language that you wanted to uninstall then, choose
      Remove.

That should take care of the keyboard language installed on the PC.

If you have any updates, don’t hesitate to hit reply.

Arthur Rui, Apr 14, 2023
  4. Welcome and Restart screen are in another language

change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 14, 2023
Thema:

Welcome and Restart screen are in another language

1. Welcome and Restart screen are in another language - Similar Threads - Welcome Restart screen

2. Welcome screen language changed and won’t update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome screen language changed and won’t update: Logging in today and the language on my welcome screen is no longer English. I tried changing it back via Control Panel -> Clock and Region -> Region -> Administrative -> Copy settngs -> Check the “Welcome screen and System Accounts” -> OK. Did a restart, but it still shows...
  3. Welcome screen language changed and won’t update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome screen language changed and won’t update: Logging in today and the language on my welcome screen is no longer English. I tried changing it back via Control Panel -> Clock and Region -> Region -> Administrative -> Copy settngs -> Check the “Welcome screen and System Accounts” -> OK. Did a restart, but it still shows...
  4. Windows 10 welcome screen language change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 welcome screen language change.: Hello and good day to you! My name is Ivan Bratanov from Bulgaria. I have a Windows 10 notebook. The default language is bulgarian and the second language is english. The notebook has a password at the Welcome screen which contains english letters. Until now every time I turn...
  5. Windows 10 welcome screen language change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 welcome screen language change.: Hello and good day to you! My name is Ivan Bratanov from Bulgaria. I have a Windows 10 notebook. The default language is bulgarian and the second language is english. The notebook has a password at the Welcome screen which contains english letters. Until now every time I turn...
  6. Windows 10 welcome screen language change.

Windows 10 welcome screen language change.: Hello and good day to you! My name is Ivan Bratanov from Bulgaria. I have an Windows 10 notebook. The default language is bulgarian and the second language is english. The notebook has a password at the Welcome screen which contains english letters. Until now every time I...
  7. Welcome and Restart screen are in another language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome and Restart screen are in another language: I recently bought this pre-built computer from Hong Kong and got it shipped to the UK and the language is set to ChineseI change the system preferred language to English in the settings I tried going to the control panel's region settings and went to the Administrative tab...
  8. Welcome and Restart screen are in another language

Welcome and Restart screen are in another language: I recently bought this pre-built computer from Hong Kong and got it shipped to the UK and the language is set to ChineseI change the system preferred language to English in the settings I tried going to the control panel's region settings and went to the Administrative tab...
  9. Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen "jumping" after restart: Hi everyone. I'm running Windows 10 1803 (fresh install of 1709 upgrade to 1803 via windows update center) on Asus vivobook X556UR (i5 6200U, 8 GB RAM, nvidia 930MX). Recently, I observed two problems on my system: 1. Windows isn't sleeping. Even after I press the sleep...
  10. Change login / welcome screen language

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change login / welcome screen language: Hi folks changing language on login screen is hidden in the old control panel. Note language change is fine for rest of windows but for the login screen it's a bit fiddly. You need to enter the control panel by entering run at the windows icon and enter control panel....