Windows 10: Welcome Pin - cannot change it

Discus and support Welcome Pin - cannot change it in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to change my Welcome Pin but am not able to do so. I am told that this option is not currently available. When I click to learn... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CharlotteEustace, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Welcome Pin - cannot change it

Hello,

I am trying to change my Welcome Pin but am not able to do so.

I am told that this option is not currently available. When I click to learn more I am asked to log in with my MS account but it will then not recognise it as not a corporate account.

This is a personal laptop and not a corporate one!

Please help.

Many thanks,

Charlotte

:)

CharlotteEustace, Mar 15, 2021

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 15, 2021
  4. JayPhi Win User

Welcome Pin - cannot change it

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Welcome Pin - cannot change it

1. Welcome Pin - cannot change it - Similar Threads - Welcome Pin cannot

2. Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.: I have an account since a long time but when I want to log in on my second machine int the Microsoft Store need to enter my Pin. Whenever I do it it keeps telling me it is wrong. In order to buy my son on his machine a game I needed for some reason a secondary email which I...
  3. Cannot change my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change my PIN: I want to change my PIN but it tells me to set up Windows Hello, and prompts me to sign in. When I try to sign in, it tells me I can't use a home email, but to use a school email. How do I change my PIN....
  4. Cannot change my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change my PIN: I want to change my PIN but it tells me to set up Windows Hello, and prompts me to sign in. When I try to sign in, it tells me I can't use a home email, but to use a school email. How do I change my PIN....
  5. Cannot change PIN complexity or PIN storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change PIN complexity or PIN storage: Hello, Microsoft community!I've been having this problem for quite a while now. I've been surfing the web to try and find answers and none have worked. My computer makes me change my pin every 42 days, requires a pin of 6 digits, and will not let me use a previous PIN. I have...
  6. Cannot change PIN complexity or PIN storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change PIN complexity or PIN storage: Hello, Microsoft community!I've been having this problem for quite a while now. I've been surfing the web to try and find answers and none have worked. My computer makes me change my pin every 42 days, requires a pin of 6 digits, and will not let me use a previous PIN. I have...
  7. Cannot change PIN complexity or PIN storage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cannot change Windows PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change Windows PIN: Hi, I have seen other people on this forum with this issue too, however I have tried the solutions and they do not work. I have always used fingerprint login with PIN backup login. Recently I have decided I want to change my PIN number, however when I go to settings, I...
  9. Welcome screen change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen change: I would like to change name on welcome screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-change/9714224a-72ea-4383-b222-4eae59d26716
  10. This is a welcome change!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is a welcome change!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/distearth [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d2qsz1/this_is_a_welcome_change/