Windows 10: Welcome Screen after 19023 Update

Discus and support Welcome Screen after 19023 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, after updating Win 10 Home 64 bit to 1903 when I boot the system up the Task Bar will load but the Welcome screen gets stuck and the wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarcHoppe, Jul 12, 2019.

1. MarcHoppe Win User

Welcome Screen after 19023 Update

Hi, after updating Win 10 Home 64 bit to 1903 when I boot the system up the Task Bar will load but the Welcome screen gets stuck and the wallpaper doesn't show. I have it set to Solid Color rather than an image. I can still access programs from the icons on the Task Bar and if I open one then close it the wallpaper (solid color) will show. I don't use any desktop icons. I have not experienced this on the other Win 10 computers I have updated to 1903.

It is a relatively new system running an i7 8700K with 16 Gigs of Ram and an Nvidia 1050 Ti graphics card. I have updated the Nvidia drivers.

I had Transparency set to Off but the Welcome screen still had the new Blur Effect. Perhaps that's a clue.

Any ideas what happened with this update ? Thanks.

:)

MarcHoppe, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 12, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Welcome Screen after 19023 Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Welcome Screen after 19023 Update

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Welcome Screen after 19023 Update

1. Welcome Screen after 19023 Update - Similar Threads - Welcome Screen 19023

2. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen: how can I reduce the time that the welcome screen is displayed when I start up my computer? By "welcome screen" I mean the screen that just shows my user ID and "Welcome"? It is on for FAR TOO LONG and no keystrokes will remove it!! It SO annoying.!...
  3. Screen flashing after the Welcome boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flashing after the Welcome boot.: It also made my bootup longer even when Im on an ssd. I don't really know how to fix this. Here's the vid in action. I zoomed in on the middle and you can still see my login splash is still slightly visible. Everything works fine after the flashing though. It only started...
  4. Windows stuck on welcome screen after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck on welcome screen after 1909 update: Hi there, I managed to update Windows from version 1903 to 1909. However, after entering my password to log in to my account, the screen becomes blurry and the little wheel appears, but nothing else. I can't get back to Windows and I've tried everything I could find on the...
  5. Welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen?: How do insert an image to fill the 'empty' default circle on my Welcome screen? Lisa HSJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/d916a12b-61ba-4cfb-aec0-db319311f4e0
  6. Windows 10 stuck at welcome screen after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 stuck at welcome screen after updating: I have a dual boot windows 10 32 and 64 bit.The 1809 update for 64 bit went smoothly.But after updating and restarting stuck at welcome screen. in 32 bit .Automatic repair trouble shoot is tried but with no luck. I am able to to enter into safe mode.Help is requested 119101
  7. Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen "jumping" after restart: Hi everyone. I'm running Windows 10 1803 (fresh install of 1709 upgrade to 1803 via windows update center) on Asus vivobook X556UR (i5 6200U, 8 GB RAM, nvidia 930MX). Recently, I observed two problems on my system: 1. Windows isn't sleeping. Even after I press the sleep...
  8. Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update: I have tried everything to get it back which leads me to here. Also cannot change the background of the welcome screen. Any ideas? 59226
  9. Freeze on welcome screen after AMD driver update

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze on welcome screen after AMD driver update: About 3 months ago I updated AMD drivers for my R9 290. Immediately after I started having problems booting Windows 10. Right after post and before windows loading screen appears, a never-before-noticed black screen would flash on/off with a white underscore cursor in...
  10. Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen: *Confused Please help an old fella , how do i get rid of all these welcome screens when i am getting my pc ready ?? windows 10 ty 91215

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows version 19023

2. windows 19023.1