Windows 10: Welcome Screen Background Image Gone

Discus and support Welcome Screen Background Image Gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just updated to 1607 and that changed everything. One of the things I tried to do was remove the welcome screen. All that ended up doing was removing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aradiel, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Aradiel Win User

Welcome Screen Background Image Gone

I just updated to 1607 and that changed everything. One of the things I tried to do was remove the welcome screen. All that ended up doing was removing the background picture, and replacing it with a solid color.

Welcome Screen Background Image Gone [​IMG]

This is what it used to look like. I use auto login, no password, so this screen shows up after restarting before the desktop.

If it's possible to skip this screen completely, that's fine too. The current solid color background is kind of annoying. If it's not possible to skip completely, I would prefer the default image above.

:)

Aradiel, Dec 26, 2016

2. How to change picture on Welcome screen in Windows 10

There is a picture on my WELCOME SCREEN, the screen PRIOR to the LOCK SCREEN that comes up every time I restart my PC. The WELCOME SCREEN also comes up at restart if you have disabled the LOCK SCREEN.

I'd like to remove that picture entirely and replace it with a simple background color.

I can change the LOCK SCREEN background picture easily and change the DESKTOP background as well.

But I can't seem to find where to access the properties for the WELCOME SCREEN. The image on the WELCOME SCREEN only appeared after the anniversary update.

Again, I wish to eliminate the background picture from the WELCOME SCREEN and not from the LOCK SCREEN.

Thank you.

StephenTaggart, Dec 26, 2016
  3. cooljwj Win User
    How to delete the Background images in Windows 10

If like me you were confused because all the other answers didn't really help you for windows 10, here's another answer that might help shine some light. I didn't realize it was so simple until i actually thought about it.

TLDR: Simply change your background to five new images and you'll get rid of all previous background images you've chosen as a background or lock screen image because personalize only saves five temp pictures at a time and once new ones come the old ones
    are gone forever. You cannot scroll through the old ones and it does not save them in any file or directory which can be accessed.

Now to understand why this works and why you don't need to go crazy, it will take a bit of explaining.

Windows temp saves up to five images for your background and lock screen (they are separate saves and aren't actually stored in any file) even if you delete the root image on your computer the picture is still there on your lists. Now the pictures you see
    in your personalize menu (when you right click or when you go through your start up menu) are ones you choose for your background. Such as if you downloaded a picture of a cat and plastered it like lead paint all over your computer monitor.

My problem was getting rid of those images in the list, which is likely yours as well, as I had tried a bad image as my background without thinking about it. I thought it was saved in some file but it's not, once it's gone, it's gone from that list. You
    can't scroll through previous pictures on that list,(as there is no button to do that or way to do that) it's only five of your recent background pictures, anything past that is gone. So find five new pictures or pictures you like and throw them on your background,
    any picture you once used will be gone, this applies to your lock screen pictures as well. After doing that, you don't have to worry about someone snooping through your computer and accidentally seeing them.

cooljwj, Dec 26, 2016
Thema:

Welcome Screen Background Image Gone

1. Welcome Screen Background Image Gone - Similar Threads - Welcome Screen Background

2. Random Orange Thing at the Background at Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Orange Thing at the Background at Welcome Screen: I just recently updated my family windows 10 today and there are some random orange thing at the welcome screen at the background. can someone help me know what this is and how to fix it? submitted by /u/EijiOkumura13 [link] [comments]...
  3. Change Windows 11 Welcome Screen Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows 11 Welcome Screen Background: In Windows 11, is it possible to change the image shown on as the background of the Welcome screen? If so, how? Preferably I would like to choose the variable content that can be selected for the Lock and Sign-In screens by specifying 'Windows Spotlight' for 'Personalise your...
  4. Change Windows 11 Welcome Screen Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows 11 Welcome Screen Background: In Windows 11, is it possible to change the image shown on as the background of the Welcome screen? If so, how? Preferably I would like to choose the variable content that can be selected for the Lock and Sign-In screens by specifying 'Windows Spotlight' for 'Personalise your...
  5. apps gone, background gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps gone, background gone: I have lost my apps and my background screen is now black. The start menu doesn't work, the task view doesn't work, microsoft edge doesnt work (dialog box states "class not registered" I have no idea what to do...
  6. How to Change Welcome Screen Background in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to Change Welcome Screen Background in Windows 10: I've been trying to change what I thought was my lock screen and I even have it set as such: [ATTACH] However, when I turn my computer on, I always have this (or sometimes is the lake/mountains scene): [IMG] The roses picture shown on my lock screen settings is what I...
  7. Lock Screen Images Gone

Lock Screen Images Gone: For some reason my lock screen images are no longer visible. I only get the default blue login screen. There are no images showing up when I try to select a lock screen image in the settings menu but the directory containing the images is full of images. How can I make...
  8. Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot

Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot: I am aware of the guide to change the lock screen background image, in fact I have a customized image. But is there a way to cycle through a folder images and change the lock screen image automatically? Perhaps using a batch file at every startup so it simply picks the next...
  9. Background info on lock screen images?

Background info on lock screen images?: I typically like the lock screens that Windows 10 shows very much. Already several times I was wondering how to get more background info on the picture shown, specifically: where was that picture taken? Or like today: what village does it show? It's beautiful and I'ld...
  10. Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen: Hi, This is my second time of installing tech. preview build #9926, this time I installed it correctly (on a newly created partition on my hard drive). The first time I installed it I had the same issue that I'm having now..but as I'm a senior citizen (and glad to be one)..I...