Windows 10: Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

Discus and support Welcome screen "jumping" after restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I'm running Windows 10 1803 (fresh install of 1709 upgrade to 1803 via windows update center) on Asus vivobook X556UR (i5 6200U, 8 GB RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Makdamujji, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Makdamujji Win User

Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

Hi everyone.
    I'm running Windows 10 1803 (fresh install of 1709 upgrade to 1803 via windows update center) on Asus vivobook X556UR (i5 6200U, 8 GB RAM, nvidia 930MX).
    Recently, I observed two problems on my system:
    1. Windows isn't sleeping. Even after I press the sleep button, laptop wakes up as soon as it sleeps.
    2. After every restart, the keyboard stops working. I then have to put it to sleep (laptop wakes up as soon as it sleeps) and then I'm either directly sent to the password screen, or the welcome screen starts "jumping" (watch attached video) and keyboard starts working again.
    Video link: http://tinypic.com/r/6f7drc/9

Thanks for the help.

:)

Makdamujji, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Sep 13, 2018
  4. TheMailMan78 Win User

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Welcome screen "jumping" after restart - Similar Threads - Welcome screen jumping

2. Welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen?: How do insert an image to fill the 'empty' default circle on my Welcome screen? Lisa HSJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/d916a12b-61ba-4cfb-aec0-db319311f4e0
  3. screen jumping about

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen jumping about: my laptop screen keeps jumping about, when I disconnect the power inlet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-jumping-about/29e385c8-4498-4fc8-9cee-3c973254af6c
  4. Mouse jumps intermittently jumps around the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse jumps intermittently jumps around the screen: Since Windows 10 release the mouse jumps around the screen. I run Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro and the issue resides in both operating systems. There have been no attempts from Microsoft to correct the issue to my knowledge. If there was a fix I'm sure it probably would...
  5. Welcome screen message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen message: Does anyone know how to either remove or change the "MicrosoftAccount\user@domain.com" message from the welcome screen during login? If I happen to be in a public place, I'd rather not have the whole world be able to see my email address. And yes, I know that I can...
  6. Freeze on welcome screen after AMD driver update

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze on welcome screen after AMD driver update: About 3 months ago I updated AMD drivers for my R9 290. Immediately after I started having problems booting Windows 10. Right after post and before windows loading screen appears, a never-before-noticed black screen would flash on/off with a white underscore cursor in...
  7. Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome Screen: I would like to know how to remove the "circle with the picture silhouette" from the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition "Welcome" screen. I have already removed lock screen and password items. My desktop computer is only on my home wifi and I use a secure router. I am running...
  8. Welcome screen then reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Welcome screen then reboot: Hi there, I could cry folks , been having this problem in OP bought new motherboard, a new PSU tried loading win10 umpteen times from ISO ( same with win 8 + gen key ) I get this far all the time every time. Just won't go into Windows proper All the fixes like...
  9. Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen: *Confused Please help an old fella , how do i get rid of all these welcome screens when i am getting my pc ready ?? windows 10 ty 91215
  10. Stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on Welcome screen: idk if the computer even works anymore! I'm over it! Going use a public computer 22380