Windows 10: Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

Discus and support Welcome screen "jumping" after restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I'm running Windows 10 1803 (fresh install of 1709 upgrade to 1803 via windows update center) on Asus vivobook X556UR (i5 6200U, 8 GB RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Makdamujji, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

Hi everyone.
    I'm running Windows 10 1803 (fresh install of 1709 upgrade to 1803 via windows update center) on Asus vivobook X556UR (i5 6200U, 8 GB RAM, nvidia 930MX).
    Recently, I observed two problems on my system:
    1. Windows isn't sleeping. Even after I press the sleep button, laptop wakes up as soon as it sleeps.
    2. After every restart, the keyboard stops working. I then have to put it to sleep (laptop wakes up as soon as it sleeps) and then I'm either directly sent to the password screen, or the welcome screen starts "jumping" (watch attached video) and keyboard starts working again.
    Video link: http://tinypic.com/r/6f7drc/9

Thanks for the help.

:)

Makdamujji, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

1. Welcome screen "jumping" after restart - Similar Threads - Welcome screen jumping

2. Welcome and Restart screen are in another language

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome and Restart screen are in another language: I recently bought this pre-built computer from Hong Kong and got it shipped to the UK and the language is set to ChineseI change the system preferred language to English in the settings I tried going to the control panel's region settings and went to the Administrative tab...
  3. Welcome and Restart screen are in another language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome and Restart screen are in another language: I recently bought this pre-built computer from Hong Kong and got it shipped to the UK and the language is set to ChineseI change the system preferred language to English in the settings I tried going to the control panel's region settings and went to the Administrative tab...
  4. Welcome and Restart screen are in another language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart: For a while now, anytime I boot up my laptop, I get a black screen. I can see that the screen is on, but the only option I have is to press WIN+P which opens the external screen menu but selecting any of the options doesn't change anything Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't get any...
  6. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart: For a while now, anytime I boot up my laptop, I get a black screen. I can see that the screen is on, but the only option I have is to press WIN+P which opens the external screen menu but selecting any of the options doesn't change anything Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't get any...
  7. Windows 10 black screen after boot and stuck at welcome screen after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Screen flashing after the Welcome boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flashing after the Welcome boot.: It also made my bootup longer even when Im on an ssd. I don't really know how to fix this. Here's the vid in action. I zoomed in on the middle and you can still see my login splash is still slightly visible. Everything works fine after the flashing though. It only started...
  9. How to remove text on Welcome Screen? Jump directly to Login Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove text on Welcome Screen? Jump directly to Login Screen?: When I boot my Win10 computer then the Welcome screen shows some background-picture-related text. See attached snapshot. How can I suppress this text? How can I automatically jump to Login Screen (=with the entry field for the password) after boot? Peter [img] 136771
  10. Welcome Screen after 19023 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Welcome Screen after 19023 Update: Hi, after updating Win 10 Home 64 bit to 1903 when I boot the system up the Task Bar will load but the Welcome screen gets stuck and the wallpaper doesn't show. I have it set to Solid Color rather than an image. I can still access programs from the icons on the Task Bar and...