Windows 10: welcome screen taking 15 minutes

Discus and support welcome screen taking 15 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when i startup my pc it takes 15 minutes to get past the login/welcome screen beacause its stuck on the welcome load thing i dont know if this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Toonde Groot, May 3, 2021.

1. welcome screen taking 15 minutes

when i startup my pc it takes 15 minutes to get past the login/welcome screen beacause its stuck on the welcome load thing i dont know if this is normal altho i have used 1.3 tb of my 2 tb hhd

:)

Toonde Groot, May 3, 2021

2. Network drivers take a long time (15+ minutes) to install

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem.

Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long time to get installed. This includes the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility driver, TAP-Windows Adaptor V9, and ... most importantly ... various Hyper-V network drivers,
    i.e. Virtual Switch, Virtual Extension, Virtual Adaptor, etc.

Examples:

1. If I grab a copy of tap-windows-9.21.2.exe and run it, the installation takes 15+ minutes, and all this time is spent waiting for Windows to configure the driver class. During this time, tap-windows-9.21.2.exe appears stuck.
    2. If ask Device Manager's Add Hardware Wizard to install an arbitrary Network Adaptor, even Microsoft Loopback Adaptor, again, the installation takes 15+ minutes, during which the Add Hardware Wizard appears stuck.
    3. If Hyper-V Manager attempts to configure a virtual adaptor, switch, extension, etc., again, the installation of the virtual device's driver takes 15+ minutes.

During this 15+ minutes, the driver appears in Device Manager with a yellow icon. The Properties window reads:

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

Perhaps the most obvious workaround is to suck it up and with the 15+ minutes. Sadly, no. While I might have had the patience to wait 15+ minutes, some apps, like Hyper-V Manager don't. They bail with an error message.

Steps that I have followed to troubleshoot this issue:

• Running various Windows and Microsoft Support troubleshooters
    • Resetting the network configuration, both via Setting and via netcfg -d
    • Uninstalling all apps that install a network adaptor and starting over from zero
    • Updating Windows

Fleet Command, May 3, 2021
  3. Wullail Win User
    Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

Did the repair tool leave a log showing what it actually did ? , it would be useful to see what the issue actually was.

Wullail, May 3, 2021
  4. amitg43 Win User

welcome screen taking 15 minutes

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

A correction: Windows Repair Tool is available at tweaking.com and NOT tweak.com. Regret the error.

amitg43, May 3, 2021
Thema:

welcome screen taking 15 minutes

1. welcome screen taking 15 minutes - Similar Threads - welcome screen taking

2. Welcome Screen > 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome Screen > 15 minutes: Hi, I'm a Windows 10 Pro User. Here's my specs:Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎17-‎Sep-‎21 OS build...
  3. Welcome Screen > 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen > 15 minutes: Hi, I'm a Windows 10 Pro User. Here's my specs:Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎17-‎Sep-‎21 OS build...
  4. Welcome Screen > 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home stuck on welcome screen for 15 minutes after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home stuck on welcome screen for 15 minutes after windows update: The stucking on welcome screen problem has performed since two months ago........It all starts from an accident click on "pause updates for 7 days". And when I shut down the computer on that time onwards. The next and following times to startup the computer is already taking...
  6. Win 10 login takes 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 login takes 15 minutes: My Windows 10 system takes approx 15 min to boot 2 min and logon 13 min. The time has been gradually increasing for sever months. During this time there is continuous disk activity, as shown by the front panel LED.I want to determine the causes of this delay, and fix the...
  7. Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start: You will see this problem posted all over the web on various support forums MS or not. As with most windows problems, these are the solutions you will see run sfc/dism disable unnecessary background processes update drivers It is true that you do need to use sfc/dism...
  8. Welcome screen take almost a minute to login!! Any fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Welcome screen take almost a minute to login!! Any fix?: Hi guys, Is there any one have experienced this issue before? My laptop is very old but it has SSD Drive and I don't have this problem when I first installed window 10. It have just happened a few months ago . I thought the culprit might be my old laptop but my friend with a...
  9. It takes over 9 minutes to get past welcome screen.

It takes over 9 minutes to get past welcome screen.: A month ago I finally yielded under the peer pressure and clever marketing, where people and internet told me Windows 10 is the only supported and safe version of Windows available, and installed it on my laptop. For a month it worked fine, but suddenly few days ago the...
  10. Windows 10 "Welcome" screen after login takes 10+ minutes

Windows 10 "Welcome" screen after login takes 10+ minutes: Hi, my computer can take up to 15 minutes to load properly, and it's really annoying. I tried "sfc /scannow" (3 times), but it found nothing wrong. What else should I try? submitted by /u/sdasda7777 [link] [comments]...