Windows 10: "Welcome to Microsoft Lumia" message

Discus and support "Welcome to Microsoft Lumia" message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am guessing I am not the only one who got this email today. After more than a year of using my Nokia (not Microsoft) Lumia 1520 (unlocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by badrobot, Aug 18, 2015.

1. badrobot Win User

"Welcome to Microsoft Lumia" message

I am guessing I am not the only one who got this email today. After more than a year of using my Nokia (not Microsoft) Lumia 1520 (unlocked International Version) , MS decided to send me a "Welcome" email for "recently" (last year?) purchasing a Lumia phone.
    I am not even running Windows 10 yet (W8.1 Denim) but they are tracking my phone already. *Eek

"Welcome to Microsoft Lumia" message [​IMG]

"Welcome to Microsoft Lumia" message [​IMG]

:)

badrobot, Aug 18, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Aug 18, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

It's all registered with the Microsoft account that you sign in to the phone with. *Smile

Brink, Aug 18, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    Yes. I was just really surprised to see a welcome email for an old phone. I registered it more than year ago. I actually thought someone bought a phone, used my credit card and registered it under my name. *Biggrin

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Welcome to Microsoft Lumia" message - Similar Threads - Welcome Microsoft Lumia

2. Microsoft Store and Microsoft Lumia

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Microsoft Lumia: When I try to download something I get error 0x00000005, and when I go to, for example, “My Library”, it tells me “There is a problem in the manifest indicated as unknown” What to do?...
  3. Microsoft Store and Microsoft Lumia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Microsoft Lumia: When I try to download something I get error 0x00000005, and when I go to, for example, “My Library”, it tells me “There is a problem in the manifest indicated as unknown” What to do?...
  4. Microsoft Store and Microsoft Lumia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove ShutDown, Login, Welcome, Logout message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove ShutDown, Login, Welcome, Logout message: Hi Guys,I searching a way to remove/hide the message that appears during ShutDown, Login, Logout step as you can see below: I have a Windows 10 IoT Entreprise LTSC v 21H2If you have any ideas, do not hesitate. Thanks in advance...
  6. Remove ShutDown, Login, Welcome, Logout message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove ShutDown, Login, Welcome, Logout message: Hi Guys,I searching a way to remove/hide the message that appears during ShutDown, Login, Logout step as you can see below: I have a Windows 10 IoT Entreprise LTSC v 21H2If you have any ideas, do not hesitate. Thanks in advance...
  7. Microsoft Lumia 545 phone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Lumia 545 phone: Hello I have just received a message on my phone that WhatsApp will cease to be available on my phone from the new year. Maybe I have misunderstood, so I hope you can set me straight. A couple of years ago I also started being unable to use Messenger on my phone; I had...
  8. Welcome screen message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen message: Does anyone know how to either remove or change the "MicrosoftAccount\user@domain.com" message from the welcome screen during login? If I happen to be in a public place, I'd rather not have the whole world be able to see my email address. And yes, I know that I can...
  9. thinking of Microsoft Lumia 735

in Windows 10 Support
    thinking of Microsoft Lumia 735: Does any one have a Microsoft Lumia 735 with verizon? I'm shopping for my 1st smart phone. Microsoft Lumia 735(Win 10) or Samsung S6 (android) Has any one used Win 10 on the Lumia 735? 9570
  10. Welcome to Microsoft Flow

in Windows 10 News
    Welcome to Microsoft Flow: Welcome to Microsoft Flow Over the past decade we’ve seen an unprecedented explosion in the use of the cloud. Today, you can do just about anything via the web, from ordering a car to submitting an expense report, from your personal life to your work life. These cloud...