Windows 10: Welcome to TenForums

Discus and support Welcome to TenForums in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All *Smile Craig here...Recently joined the forum...I am a 65 year old retiree who lives in New York... I have been away from windows for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Barman58, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

Welcome to TenForums

You made the right decision Craig! *Wink
    Welcome! Enjoy! *Smile

Edwin, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Craig Win User

Thanks to all for the warm welcome...i will be around *Wink

Craig, Aug 14, 2015
  3. wylie Win User
    Hi Here.
    I'm in the UK.
    I have built a couple of PC's in my time, but not very experienced at it.
    currently running windows 7, on my home built PC.
    I'm looking for advise and insight into windows 10 before I upgrade.
    I think I will buy a new install instead of using the upgrade, as I think I will need to purchase at some stage if I rebuild or replace hard drive at any time after the first year, so nothing is really free is it.
    Also would love to try the Raspberry Pi version of Windows 10.

wylie, Aug 14, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Welcome to TenForums

Welcome to the forums gents.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 14, 2015
  5. iBawbag Win User
    Hi I`m James from Scotland. Recently joined the forum and really like it. 36 Years old with girlfriend, 4 cats and 8 Tarantulas.
    Previously I've been a PC repair technician, built lots of PC's in my time. Worked as an AutoCAD trainer in an Autodesk training centre about 13 years ago then moved to working for an architect.
    These days I`m a manager of a team of agents on a broadband tech support line for a large UK based ISP.
    Flight sims are my passion and aircraft. Wildlife and going on holiday.

Cheers

iBawbag, Aug 14, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Pleased to meet you James.
    Erin and I have two cats.. Scala and Siberian.
    Jeff... *Smile

BunnyJ, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    @iBawbag

Hello, James. Welcome to the Forum. Good to have you aboard. That's quite the career you've had! *Smile

I'm 64 years old with 8 girlfriends, 4 tarantulas, 1 cat, and don't know much about computers. *Wink

Tony K, Aug 14, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

Welcome to TenForums

. . .sorry been having head problems lately (common problem for me), albeit Welcome to all you who are now new members, it is always great to have new folks to discuss Windows 10 with. . .*Thumbs

9. shimshom Win User
    Hi all wondered over from 7F as time to learn something new. Was lucky to receive a Win 10 Pro retail disk as a present so installed on an old HP DC7900 system as a trial duel booting with Win 7 to see what the fuss is about expecting doom and gloom but was pleasantly surprised so will now install on main system and activate and see how it goes but so far I like 10 and like anything new one has to expect a learning curve but more knowledge is always good and with all the tweaks and tutorials here and elsewhere I'm sure the telemetry can be mostly turned off so not big deal at this stage
    Regards
    Shimon

shimshom, Aug 15, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Welcome to tenforums.com shimshom ! *Smile
    You've stopped at the right place! *Wink
    This is one of the best 'communities' on the web for all things Windows 10!
    Have a browse around, check out the tutorial section, make some new friends.
    If you've got any questions, shout em out! *Wink
    Enjoy your stay with us.

Edwin, Aug 15, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Welcome to the forums.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 15, 2015
  12. Tony K Win User
    Welcome to the forum, shimshom. Enjoy your stay. *Smile

Tony K, Aug 15, 2015
  13. Welcome to TenForums

Hi, I'm Tom from beautiful Oregon. I'm definitely an old-timer (started with MS-DOS back in olden times). Went from Windows 3 through XP (skipped ME). Sort of drifted out of computers for several years and came back with Windows 7. Now that I'm retired my hobby is spending 8-10 hours a day on the computer (usually online). Actually enjoying the new Windows 10. I think it's a great system once you tame it. Hoping to learn a lot here.

tdockery97, Aug 17, 2015
  14. Tony K Win User
    Welcome to Windows Ten Forums, Tom. It's good to see you've joined in. *Smile

Tony K, Aug 17, 2015
  15. Craig Win User
    Hi Tom! It's (you knew me as 10x over at the linux mint and ubuntu forums)...It is really nice to see you over here in the Windows 10 forum...Like you, i am also enjoying 10...and quite a change for me too *Wink

Craig, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Welcome to TenForums

1. Welcome to TenForums - Similar Threads - Welcome TenForums

2. Welcome screen and shut down glitch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome screen and shut down glitch.: So what happened is that It's stuck on the welcome screen while I was trying to login. i tried clicking shutdown after long enough but then it got stuck on shut down. I was forced to unplug the plug to the computer a few times which I think made it worse. I tried restarting...
  3. Welcome screen and shut down glitch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome screen and shut down glitch.: So what happened is that It's stuck on the welcome screen while I was trying to login. i tried clicking shutdown after long enough but then it got stuck on shut down. I was forced to unplug the plug to the computer a few times which I think made it worse. I tried restarting...
  4. Windows 7 shuts down randomly in welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 shuts down randomly in welcome screen: When I turn on my Dell Inspiron 1545I boot to Windows 7 and then it randomly shuts down in the welcome screen.Drivers are updated and the laptop was not overheatingIt has dual boot to Windows 10 Plus I think this happened because of disk check thinking my pc is corrupted...
  5. Windows 7 shuts down randomly in welcome screen

Windows 7 shuts down randomly in welcome screen: When I turn on my Dell Inspiron 1545I boot to Windows 7 and then it randomly shuts down in the welcome screen.Drivers are updated and the laptop was not overheatingIt has dual boot to Windows 10 Plus I think this happened because of disk check thinking my pc is corrupted...
  6. Why I can't sign in to my Chromebook it's always stock to my welcome and the sign in didn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't sign in to my Chromebook it's always stock to my welcome and the sign in didn't...: I can't sign in. Maybe sign in temporary blocked.How can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-sign-in-to-my-chromebook-its-always/945199e7-6f09-4972-9969-80b57ea48a21
  7. Why I can't sign in to my Chromebook it's always stock to my welcome and the sign in didn't...

Why I can't sign in to my Chromebook it's always stock to my welcome and the sign in didn't...: I can't sign in. Maybe sign in temporary blocked.How can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-sign-in-to-my-chromebook-its-always/945199e7-6f09-4972-9969-80b57ea48a21
  8. Why I can't sign in to my Chromebook it's always stock to my welcome and the sign in didn't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My computer is sticking at welcome

My computer is sticking at welcome: Hi everyone. I'm Eve. My computer is not open. It just stuck at welcome and cycles. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-sticking-at-welcome/1bb291a0-11c4-49a0-84b0-18b3f559b0c1
  10. Welcome to TenForums

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome to TenForums: Hello to allGiorgio from Italy, self-taught enthusiast for all the new technologies and innovations, for my work I use computers since 1982 with my first PC Digital 300 professional complete with Lotus 123 software withdrawn from the United States. Used various operating...