Windows 10: You dumped Windows 10 on me without my permission or knowledge

Discus and support You dumped Windows 10 on me without my permission or knowledge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; You dumped Windows 10 on me without my permission or knowledge and it caused so many problems I had to have my PC virtually rebuilt at great cost. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarcNoel-Johnson, Sep 10, 2019.

1. You dumped Windows 10 on me without my permission or knowledge

You dumped Windows 10 on me without my permission or knowledge and it caused so many problems I had to have my PC virtually rebuilt at great cost. I've lost so much stuff I can't tell you and you've wiped out my iTunes library.

It seems that along with the banks, energy suppliers, insurance companies, online auction sites and their associated payment gateways and online retailers you have nothing but utter contempt for your customers, the people who have made you so **** rich. Well done you heartless bastards.

:)

MarcNoel-Johnson, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Sep 28, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

You dumped Windows 10 on me without my permission or knowledge

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

You dumped Windows 10 on me without my permission or knowledge

1. You dumped Windows 10 on me without my permission or knowledge - Similar Threads - dumped without permission

2. Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...: My permissions and the owner keep changing without my knowledge and without me actively changing anything of this nature.When attempting to follow fix relayed here related to the soon t be called Core 2 Users Windows Apps Broken By Update Disaster, I am locked out of Windows...
  3. Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...: My permissions and the owner keep changing without my knowledge and without me actively changing anything of this nature.When attempting to follow fix relayed here related to the soon t be called Core 2 Users Windows Apps Broken By Update Disaster, I am locked out of Windows...
  4. Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store installed a 100gb game without my knowledge or permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Store installed a 100gb game without my knowledge or permission: First let me say, yes i have the auto update stuff disabledThe file itself is located within WindowsApps folder the one that is usually hidden , i have already uninstalled the game itself, via the windows xbox app but sadly it is still taking up space on my drive within the...
  6. Microsoft Store installed a 100gb game without my knowledge or permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store installed a 100gb game without my knowledge or permission: First let me say, yes i have the auto update stuff disabledThe file itself is located within WindowsApps folder the one that is usually hidden , i have already uninstalled the game itself, via the windows xbox app but sadly it is still taking up space on my drive within the...
  7. Microsoft Store installed a 100gb game without my knowledge or permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Password Changed without My Knowledge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Changed without My Knowledge: What happens when my password changes and I didn't changed??? [Original Title: Password] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/password-changed-without-my-knowledge/96fabf23-385b-49f6-a750-a62955517dda
  9. Windows 10 Home seems to been upgraded to Windows 10 enterprise without my knowledge/permission

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home seems to been upgraded to Windows 10 enterprise without my knowledge/permission: Hello everyone, Last night i noticed the "Activate Windows" watermark displayed on the bottom right hand side of the screen. It was a bit confusing since i had activated my Windows 10 Home successfully when i installed about a year ago . But after checking,...
  10. Windows store downloaded something without my knowledge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows store downloaded something without my knowledge: I open the windows store and a file immediately began to download. It's labeled as "drm". Anyone familiar with this? 16359