Windows 10: We'll need your current password one last time

Discus and support We'll need your current password one last time in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Ok, I've searched for hours at this point, and am at my wits end.Recently rebuilt my pc, replaced a large majority of it. It was a fresh build and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dreadnott 117, Nov 7, 2021.

1. We'll need your current password one last time

Ok, I've searched for hours at this point, and am at my wits end.Recently rebuilt my pc, replaced a large majority of it. It was a fresh build and install of Windows 10 as of a couple month ago.Always used my normal email for the account login. At some point a pin began being required. Have always used the same pin.Things worked normally for months. Until last night.My login screen is suddenly showing a duplicate of my account. One lets me use my pin to login, the other demands a password I have no idea about.I have ran into this issue in the past, but have always managed to fix it after a

:)

Dreadnott 117, Nov 7, 2021

2. Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Nov 7, 2021
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 7, 2021
  4. We'll need your current password one last time

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

We'll need your current password one last time

1. We'll need your current password one last time - Similar Threads - We'll need current

2. windows current password one last time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows current password one last time?: windows is crazy and its locked and I tried all passwords i have used before, its saying windows current password one last time. what does it mean, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-current-password-one-last-time/ed3f4a0a-a2a8-453e-a289-6e4597850314
  3. windows current password one last time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows current password one last time?: windows is crazy and its locked and I tried all passwords i have used before, its saying windows current password one last time. what does it mean, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-current-password-one-last-time/ed3f4a0a-a2a8-453e-a289-6e4597850314
  4. Current windows password one last time will forget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Current windows password one last time will forget: Current windows password one last time will forget https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/current-windows-password-one-last-time-will-forget/8842d3d3-f9e2-4b42-aeee-fe5fd8a39917
  5. Current windows password one last time will forget

Current windows password one last time will forget: Current windows password one last time will forget https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/current-windows-password-one-last-time-will-forget/8842d3d3-f9e2-4b42-aeee-fe5fd8a39917
  6. "We'll need you current Windows password one last time."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We'll need you current Windows password one last time.": After I attempt to sign in with my local account by entering the email address then password, this window pops up requesting an additional password entry. I attempt to use my latest password to the account and even the password for my PC but nothing works. I am attempting to...
  7. "We'll need you current Windows password one last time."

"We'll need you current Windows password one last time.": After I attempt to sign in with my local account by entering the email address then password, this window pops up requesting an additional password entry. I attempt to use my latest password to the account and even the password for my PC but nothing works. I am attempting to...
  8. We'll need your current password one last time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We'll need your current password one last time: Ok, I've searched for hours at this point, and am at my wits end.Recently rebuilt my pc, replaced a large majority of it. It was a fresh build and install of Windows 10 as of a couple month ago.Always used my normal email for the account login. At some point a pin began being...
  9. We'll need your current password one last time

We'll need your current password one last time: Ok, I've searched for hours at this point, and am at my wits end.Recently rebuilt my pc, replaced a large majority of it. It was a fresh build and install of Windows 10 as of a couple month ago.Always used my normal email for the account login. At some point a pin began being...
  10. We'll need your current Windows password one last time?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We'll need your current Windows password one last time?: I'm trying to log into my microsoft account from my PC Settings App. But after inputting the password in the first time makes this screen pop up, asking the current password a second time....