Windows 10: Went back to Windows 7 and now everything is FUBAR.

Discus and support Went back to Windows 7 and now everything is FUBAR. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys I got a huge problem and I'm praying you can help me again. On Monday, I created a thread about my Windows 10 PC crashing and being stuck in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vagahan, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Vagahan Win User

Went back to Windows 7 and now everything is FUBAR.

Hello guys I got a huge problem and I'm praying you can help me again. On Monday, I created a thread about my Windows 10 PC crashing and being stuck in a restart loop that went to an empty blue screen and start the loop all over again. Thanks to reddwarf4ever, I was able to get out of that loop. Not long after, my PC would crash constantly and at random times. This morning I got tired of it and went back to Windows 7, hoping that would fix it.

It did not fix it, things only got worse. My PC started to crash within minutes of logging in. I was able to go into safe mode with networking. I ran command prompt and tried sfc /scannow. It said something was up but it could not fix it. It wouldn't crash in safe mode so I thought maybe it was my ATI driver. I followed AMD's steps to uninstalling their stuff and reinstalled the driver, still crashed. I thought maybe my ram was bad or my PSU wasn't all the way plugged in. I checked my connections and tried different sticks, still crashed.

I continued to try to fix it when I got back from work. Startup repair wouldn't work, I put in my Windows 7 OEM disc to repair the install and that didn't work, I tried command prompt from the disc but my keyboard wouldn't work most of the time and when it did I got the same response as in safe mode, and bootrec said the path didn't exist or there were not Windows installations. I tried to clean install Windows 7 but it can't find my hard drive, and I tried again after changing the cords, still nothing. I tried using the windows 10 usb stick I made and that said my PC needs a boot repair. Now I can't log in or get into safe mode, it gets to the windows 7 logo and restarts and safe mode says please wait while it loads the drivers but it too restarts. What the hell happened to my PC. I don't really have the money to get a new one.

:)

Vagahan, Aug 15, 2015

2. Desktop and touchpad

Hi, it also do not work, and i went back to the windows 7, and everything is fine now.

KristīneK, Aug 15, 2015
  3. DawnLegg Win User
    Windows rolled back to Windows 7 after recent update in Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 went back to Windows 7

After updates Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7. I tried rebooting, restoring, everything. I lost everything. Now I'm trying to download

Windows 10 again. Very frustrating!

DawnLegg, Aug 15, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Sounds like your boot partition is merrily hosed. Use the Windows 7 install disk, and wipe the whole drive, do you have all of your personal files backed up? Run the Windows 7 installer, and when it gets to the Disk Formatting screen, just delete all of the partitions. Then "create new" and it will re-create all of your needed system partitions, should be a 100mb partition before (or after) the main partition.

The drive itself may have developed bad sectors due to all of this, what you need to do is find a Disk Utility for your make of HDD. You can usually get these from the maker of the HDD, on their website. You'll have to make a bootable CD or Flash Drive with the tool in it. I use Hiren's Boot CD because it has just about every manufacturer's tool under "Dos Programs->Hard Disk Tools". But i don't know if I'm really allowed to suggest that as part of a solution. But you really need to check that HDD. If it is an SSD drive, you'll have to get whatever tool for that from the manufacturer, those are a different story.

But if you can scan your drive, if there are any problems with it, the tools can usually repair them. That's where i'd start. After that, then you can use the Windows installer disk, just wipe every partition on the drive and create a new system partition.

XweAponX, Aug 15, 2015
  5. agree withXweaponX....need to start afresh.....to install windows 7 delete the orig install partition and then chose format, then install, hopefully this should remove any HDD issues....if you can get 7 installed and activated and stable, then use a third party tool or windows to scan repair your HDD.....just in case....then move forward to windows 10....hope it's not a HDD fault. other option is to try a new HDD......one other thought is maybe you could boot from a Linux live CD and format your HDD from there.....really feel for you....sometimes seems like there is no solution....but it has to be some corrupt files on your HDD or a faulty HDD.....good luck...

reddwarf4ever, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    First step from what you have said that your drive not been seen by Windows, make sure the HD can be read in the Bios, if it's not there it's a gonner and you need a new one. If it is in the Bios the Command prompt from the disk points to sources folder I believe, try changing it to C:
    If this still fails the posts above explain how to start fresh.

7. While you can't rule it out, I find it hard to accept that simply running Win10 is going to damage a perfectly good HDD in any way -- including suddenly creating bad sectors. What's more likely is that the drive has been failing over time and now, the sector failure rate has reached the point that sectors containing hardware drivers and/or sectors containing boot files have been affected.

It's also possible it could be the motherboard failing, keyboard problems, and/or memory problems. All could manifest in similar manners.

What I've done in the past is get the HDD "out of the loop", and by that, I mean running an OS and doing real work without using the HDD. This typically means running from one of the Linux LiveDVDs -- Ubuntu is a prime example. If you know someone who can go to the Ubuntu site, download and burn an ISO of the current version to a DVD, and boot from that -- and select the Try Ubuntu option -- you will then see how well you can run an OS without using the HDD. If you can do that for a while (say, an hour or more) and nothing goes wrong, you've pretty much singled out the hard drive as the problem.

Mark Phelps, Aug 15, 2015
  8. Went back to Windows 7 and now everything is FUBAR.

excellent idea.....if it does run stable under Linux, you can always try some HDD reformat repair options from there.....

9. XweAponX Win User
    Good Frelling idea! Hiren's Boot CD has a version of PartedMagic, you can probably use that to test the drive. But just use any UBUNTU disk and see how your system runs. You need help chanking your HDD ask me and I'll walk you through it step by step, cos it's not simply running a chkdsk on it. If I knew what make HDD, I could point you to the right tools.

XweAponX, Aug 15, 2015
  10. Vagahan Win User
    Posting from my (hopefully) fixed PC. I had to go to my BIOS and change over to ACHI in order for the Windows 7 disk to read my hard drive and I deleted the partitions that were listed. There have been no problems so far, windows update took all night which is why I'm late posting. I won't mark this as solved yet for a few more days just in case. Thanks to all those who posted here trying to help me.

Vagahan, Aug 15, 2015
  11. Sichuan Win User
    It's always nice to have a system image backup available when making major changes.

Sichuan, Aug 15, 2015
  12. got my fingers crossed for you

13. Went back to Windows 7 and now everything is FUBAR.

What do you want on your system Win7 or Win10?

Do you have any personal data on that drive that is not backed up?

If you have other purchased software, do you have the disc(s) and key(s)?

If your personal data is backed up, then a Clean install other either Win7 or Win10 is advised.

Clean means clean, no other drives connected, only mouse and Keyboard devices attached.
    All data is erased from the install drive - Windows install will create the partitions it needs.

If you did not previously back up your personal data, you can use any number of ways to copy the data to an external drive.

Safe mode and
    Xcopy source destination /E /V /C /I /H /K /X /B

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Went back to Windows 7 and now everything is FUBAR. - Similar Threads - Went everything FUBAR

2. Went back to windows vista an now nothing works .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Went back to windows vista an now nothing works .: I went back to windows vista from windows 10 now half my drivers are gone not working an won't install. Cant connect to wifi an None of my SD slots or USB will work idk what to do plz help....
  3. Went back to windows vista an now nothing works .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Went back to windows vista an now nothing works .: I went back to windows vista from windows 10 now half my drivers are gone not working an won't install. Cant connect to wifi an None of my SD slots or USB will work idk what to do plz help....
  4. i am in hell right now, everything went big, how do i go back??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am in hell right now, everything went big, how do i go back??: i am in hell right now, i was working on ebay and i must of hit a button everything went fullsreen and i cannot see my desk top anymore how in hades do i go back dio i have to do a system restore, or buy another computer, i cannopt work like this, plese help@!!!...
  5. i am in hell right now, everything went big, how do i go back??

in Windows 10 Customization
    i am in hell right now, everything went big, how do i go back??: i am in hell right now, i was working on ebay and i must of hit a button everything went fullsreen and i cannot see my desk top anymore how in hades do i go back dio i have to do a system restore, or buy another computer, i cannopt work like this, plese help@!!!...
  6. Windows 10 automatically went back to Windows 7???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatically went back to Windows 7???: I was away from my desktop for 90 minutes and when I came back, it is running Windows 7 instead of Windows 10??? What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-automatically-went-back-to-windows-7/5fc7d419-c87d-4684-ac32-1375fb38bf50
  7. Windows 10 fubar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 fubar: What has Microsoft done to Windows 10 to make my keyboard somewhat incompatible with it? My biggest gripe is that the 10 key no longer works. I had a wireless keyboard and it did not work, so I assumed it was broken and recycled it. I put n my Dell wired keyboard and no...
  8. Went back to Win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Went back to Win 7 pro: went back to 7pro, too many bugs in 10. 1. does not let my Norton AV update, updates fail, norton uninstalled & re installed which worked until I shut comp down problem tthen reappears. I uninstalled two more times with the same problem. 2. Could not open my office 2010...
  9. Windows 10 went back to Windows 7.

Windows 10 went back to Windows 7.: Is that by design and can you get windows 10 back if it isn't by design. System restore won't restore it to 10. 60703
  10. Went from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 now want to go back to 7 and then to 10

Went from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 now want to go back to 7 and then to 10: Ok first of all this might not make much sense to many of you but here's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to go back to the original windows from when I purchased my pc. I puchased a window 7 home predium pc with a 500GB hard driv eand now most of ths hard drive is...