Windows 10: Went from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 now want to go back to 7 and then to 10

Discus and support Went from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 now want to go back to 7 and then to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 4. Use your W10 installation disc (or usb) to do a clean installation of W10 onto your hard drive. If it asks for a key, just enter your Windows key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dawnrenee1988, Oct 23, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Went from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 now want to go back to 7 and then to 10

A user who has previously performed a successful and activated upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 should never enter a product key for the re-installation of the same version of Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Oct 23, 2015
  2. alphanumeric, Oct 23, 2015
  3. You can if you want, I do. All 4 of my PC's have the same generic 10 Pro key. I enter the key automatically with a PID.txt file, for two reasons. One, it speeds things up as I don't have to click skip several times. Two, it automatically installs Pro instead of asking me if I want Home or Pro when using my MSDN multi edition ISO's. It won't hurt anything as long as you enter the correct key, the one you got via the free upgrade. Or, just leave it blank and click skip. Your choice.

alphanumeric, Oct 23, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Because you are likely confused, let's take a summary. If you have activated Windows 10 Pro, then you can format the disk and install Windows 10 Pro directly, without installing 7 or 8 first. Just create a bootable USB Flash drive as described in the other posts, backup all your data and start setup. When at the partition screen, delete all partitions and continue. Next you will be asked for a key, you don't have one and you don't need it, click skip. When setup is complete, connect to the internet to activate. Just as simple as that. The only "difficulty" is creating the USB drive and making sure you copy all your files before you format the disk. Everything else is almost automatic.

spapakons, Oct 24, 2015
  5. If I create a bootable flash drive for windows 10 and install it. It will remove everything including the previous versions of windows 7 home premium and windows 8 pro as well as 8.1 correct.

dawnrenee1988, Oct 24, 2015
  6. If you do a clean install, deleting the current Windows partitions, yes.

alphanumeric, Oct 24, 2015
  7. Ok my windows 10 pro is activated and I'm currently making my bootable windows 10 pro flash drive. Currently 0%.

8. spapakons Win User

Keep a copy of the ISO, or better burn to disk for future use. You never know. Proceed with Windows 10 installation and if you have any problems, post for help. *Smile

spapakons, Oct 24, 2015
  9. Usb drive is finished but it shows make shore you have the product key when ready to install. But I do have the key for the windows 10 pro I used the show key from above. So I should be good to start correct.

10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes. You don't need to enter the product key, you can just click "skip" or "do this later" or you can enter the Windows 10 Pro product key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Actually, I suppose if you enter the product key that would be a good way to tell that you are installing exactly the correct version.

NavyLCDR, Oct 24, 2015
  11. You should be fine, you can enter it or just click skip. Skip is easier than typing it all in and maybe making a typo.

alphanumeric, Oct 24, 2015
  12. I have installed windows 10 pro. Now I just need to start tinkering.

13. spapakons Win User

Tell us what you want and we will tell you how to do it.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Went from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 now want to go back to 7 and then to 10 - Similar Threads - Went

2. "something went wrong and your pin isn't available code 0x8007139f"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "something went wrong and your pin isn't available code 0x8007139f": First Problem: My main problem with this is that when you try to run an app as an administrator, it asks for your pin, right? Normally, it would work, but for some reason, the message "Something went wrong and your pin isn't available code 0x8007139f" keeps popping up. This...
  3. "something went wrong and your pin isn't available code 0x8007139f"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "something went wrong and your pin isn't available code 0x8007139f": First Problem: My main problem with this is that when you try to run an app as an administrator, it asks for your pin, right? Normally, it would work, but for some reason, the message "Something went wrong and your pin isn't available code 0x8007139f" keeps popping up. This...
  4. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...
  5. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...: I don't know my password and I can't use command prompt as my account is not the main account. I can use it but with limitations. I've tried all i can with it and i can't do much. I used the start menu and when i tried to factory reset it using all the options it gave me many...
  6. Hi, my pc recently went through water damage and when it finally started up again, i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...: MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280 dollars. when I ask microsoft, they denied and simply said that they don't have to do anything with it. Is that fair?...
  8. MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...

MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280...: MyLaptop went to Boot screen after the microsoft update. I need to repair it for $280 dollars. when I ask microsoft, they denied and simply said that they don't have to do anything with it. Is that fair?...
  9. my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...: my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point onwards is at double speed. Can this be rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-went-into-sleep-mode-during-a/04d468af-39aa-4606-adf3-4cb7bff394c7
  10. my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...

my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point...: my computer went into sleep mode during a recording and the recording from that point onwards is at double speed. Can this be rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-went-into-sleep-mode-during-a/04d468af-39aa-4606-adf3-4cb7bff394c7