Windows 10: Went from PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED to INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Discus and support Went from PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED to INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know whether or not there was an update yesterday, but my PC is rendered unusable since then. I've started PC early this morning and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JKCDE, Jun 27, 2019.

1. JKCDE Win User

Went from PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED to INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I don't know whether or not there was an update yesterday, but my PC is rendered unusable since then.

I've started PC early this morning and immediatelly noticed that my PC won't boot right after the initial loading circle.

It immediatelly pops into 'Automatic Repair' mode - that frankly, never works.

Right after the repair tool fails, I get the PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED message and it restarts.

I've tried using all the tools at hand: chkdsk, scf, dism - none of which helped, so I've moved to the 'big guns'.

I've also tried using the 'Start-up repair' tool, which didn't work, aswell as the 'Recover from a restoration point' which surprisingly has shown me a restoration point from yesterday, but as soon as I selected it and agreed to the typical 'Changes cannot be reverted' mumbo-jumbo - a progressbar shows up and immediatelly disappears doing nothing.

Lastly, I've got tired of fixing windows (it's a 3rd time this year I have to reinstall it), so I've put the CD in, chose to install windows on the same partition as my existing windows (just so I can keep all the other files - I made a partition exclusively for windows, just so I don't lose files the next time it happens.. which it did obviously), but now instead of the previous error I'm getting an 'INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE'.

I'm at my wits end, I would appreciate any help.

:)

JKCDE, Jun 27, 2019
  2. DorG_182 Win User

process1_initialization_failed windows 10

I'm trying to boot my computer to the Windows 10 installation on my SSD, but when I turn on the computer it tries to boot but lands on process1_initialization_failed every time. I tried to boot into safe mode, tried to run Startup Recovery, both of those
    options didn't work.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

PS I have a second OS (Ubuntu Linux) on another partition on the SSD, so I can access still everything

DorG_182, Jun 27, 2019
  3. awalt Win User
    Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I am converting an existing Windows 10 Pro laptop to RAID 0 - and I keep getting to the final boot where it says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. What am I doing wrong? The laptop has two 1 TB Samsung 850 SSDs that are identical. Laptop is a HP Zbook 17.

Here are my steps:

1. Made a good System Image of C: drive on separate external SSD drive connected by USB. D: drive didn't have anything on it to be saved.
    2. Used Win 10 Pro DVD to delete all partitions/format drives.
    3. Went into BIOS and changed from AHCI to RAID, and also to turn on ability to do Control-I to get to Intel RST ROM.
    4. Rebooted, did Control-I, created a RAID 0 of the two disks.
    5. Rebooted, installed Windows 10 fresh. Verified it would reboot on its own.
    6. Rebooted, went into Repair on Windows 10 DVD. Selected external SSD image to do image restore from.
    7. Rebooted - verified on Control-I that the RAID 0 array is listed as "bootable"
    8. Rebooted - get INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

The place it dies - I see the little Windows 10 blue window, and the spinning circle at the bottom - then I get the blue screen with the message.

I think I listed everything I did - what am I missing?

awalt, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Went from PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED to INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Windows Update

My Windows 10 Pro PC received the latest round of updates, and when it restarted, it bluescreens with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

I did a system restore to a previous restore point, and everything booted and ran perfectly, but of course it then goes out to get the latest updates, and the same thing happens with it bluescreening and throwing the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error.

I followed many suggestions from a Google Search including disconnecting all drives other than the boot drive, running chkdsk /f on the boot drive, allowing Windows 10 to "auto-fix startup problems", and several other things, and it always bluescreens.

I temporarily disabled the Windows Update service so it doesn't go out and auto-grab the updates, but at some point, I will need to apply updates, and I expect future updates to result in the same bluescreen error.

Suggestions?

Went from PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED to INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE [​IMG]

jimmyheadgear, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Went from PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED to INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

1. Went from PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED to INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Similar Threads - Went PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

2. PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED: Hi yesterday i shutted my hp laptop with shutdown and update and then after that i slept , and then when i woked up the your device ran into a problem keeps on loop I can't even go to desktop i can just go to this restart or advance options and it said on device ran into a...
  3. PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED: Hi yesterday i shutted my hp laptop with shutdown and update and then after that i slept , and then when i woked up the your device ran into a problem keeps on loop I can't even go to desktop i can just go to this restart or advance options and it said on device ran into a...
  4. PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILES

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILES: Hi yesterday i shutted my hp laptop with shutdown and update and then after that i slept , and then when i woked up the your device ran into a problem keeps on loop I can't even go to desktop i can just go to this restart or advance options and it said on device ran into a...
  6. PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED: Yesterday I updated windows on my computer, but it never fully installed and i accidentally turned off my computer, and now i get this error message every time i turn my computer on and it gave me many options to fix it and none of them worked, can someone tell me how to fix...
  7. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after switching from internal HDD to external

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after switching from internal HDD to external: Hi all, I attempted to install Windows on an external hard drive. I already had Ubuntu on it, but Ubuntu didn't have everything I wanted. When I tried to install Windows to the external HDD, but I got an error saying that Windows only installs to internal hard drives. After...
  8. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after upgrade from Win 7: Hi, A friend turned his computer (Dell Vostro) on this morning to find that it had tried to upgrade itself to Windows 10. Now when it starts, it gets an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE blue screen and tells you to restart. I've tried changing the AHCI/ATA setting in the bios, but...
  9. Inaccessible_boot_device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible_boot_device: Updated from Windows 7 to Win 10 And when everything finished it came up with a blue screen, I don't know what to do it keeps doing a loop. 10750
  10. Process1_Initialization_Failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Process1_Initialization_Failed: My computer was working fine 4 days ago and I just finished my work week and attempted to turn my computer on and got 0x0000006B Process1_Initialization_Failed. There doesn't seem to be any way to fix this problem. The internet is littered with a plethora of non-working fixes...