Windows 10: WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust...

Discus and support WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Could someone help me gather the correct information for these persistent crashing processes that I'm only able to view via Administration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sshort4288, Jul 4, 2021.

1. WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust...

Could someone help me gather the correct information for these persistent crashing processes that I'm only able to view via Administration Tools\SystemInformation\Software Environment\ Windows Error Reporting Maybe sporadically in other places but only bread crumbs. From what i Read here, i Should have an additional registry key i think? Which explains the errors i'm seeing that never get "reported" nor have i been asked to submit any in a coons age...I'm seeing additional Event logs that are disconcerting...But, more often than not, it's usually me being paranoid.. Thank you much in advance

:)

sshort4288, Jul 4, 2021

2. Windows Error Reporting High CPU load, unable to disable WER.

The following steps were used to disable the service, however it continues to run after restart.

1. Disabled in Windows Service Manager
    2. NOTE: There are two WER services running, can only disable first, second WER DISABLE reports Access is Denied.
    3. Disabled in Group Policy Manager
    4. Disabled in Control Panel, Security and Maintenance
    5. msconfig DISABLE on startup
    6. Powershell cmdlet

msconfig

UNCHECK the Windows Error Reporting Service to disable

Select Apply

The Check mark reappears for the Windows Error Reporting Service, and the Status continues to show 'Running'.

PowerShell reports status as disabled, yet it continues to run in Task Manager?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Disable-WindowsErrorReporting

True

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WindowsErrorReporting

Disabled

Is there a method to disable this service?

A note in the group policy:

If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, the
    Turn off Windows Error Reporting policy setting in Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Internet Communication Management/Internet Communication settings takes precedence. If Turn off Windows Error Reporting is also either disabled
    or not configured, user settings in Control Panel for Windows Error Reporting are applied.

Other tools and a .db file located at

C:\Program Files\Windows Event Reporting\Core

AlanPiszcz, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Tril645 Win User
    WER (Windows error reporting collect data)

What kind of data WER Windows error report collect ??

Is there any serious privacy issue ???

Tril645, Jul 4, 2021
  4. ElderN Win User

WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust...

How can I use WER reports?

You should not have many folders with reports.

You should have two folders some of which might contain reports of past system errors:

WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust... 56292d77-ec03-41b9-9946-10eda33089aa?upload=true.jpg

You can get to the Windows Error Reporting reports, check for solutions, clear the reports, etc. through the Action Center (the little flag icon next to your system date/time) or from Control Panel:

WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust... 6df9cccc-d68a-450f-92b0-d58cd4ab357d?upload=true.jpg

If you don't like the files in those folders or don't think it is going to be useful you can just empty them manually (or from Action Center).

My WER Settings are currently set to not participate because if I were to participate and if there is a system error and my system would send information about the error and about my system to Microsoft and I don't trust that none of my personal information
    will be sent.

Besides - I don't think that Windows Error Reporting has a good track record of finding solutions for system problems.

ElderN, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust...

1. WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust... - Similar Threads - WER error reporter

2. Chinese text in a WER archived report.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese text in a WER archived report.: Hello, I am facing this issue.The WER issue signature shows here:P1: 10.0.19041.1737:1P2: 0x800F0984 0x800F0984 Matching binary: Microsoft.Msmq.Activex.Interop.dll missing for component:...
  3. Chinese text in a WER archived report.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chinese text in a WER archived report.: Hello, I am facing this issue.The WER issue signature shows here:P1: 10.0.19041.1737:1P2: 0x800F0984 0x800F0984 Matching binary: Microsoft.Msmq.Activex.Interop.dll missing for component:...
  4. Chinese text in a WER archived report.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Error Reporting High CPU load, unable to disable WER.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Error Reporting High CPU load, unable to disable WER.: The following steps were used to disable the service, however it continues to run after restart. Disabled in Windows Service Manager Disabled in Group Policy Manager Disabled in Control Panel, Security and Maintenance msconfig DISABLE on startup msconfig UNCHECK the...
  6. Windows Error Reporting filling up drive with .wer files

Windows Error Reporting filling up drive with .wer files: I get the following every few seconds. How do I figure out what it is trying to load/deploy? Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: AppxDeploymentFailureBlue Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 80080204 P2: 19 P3: 2 P4: windows.DeviceAccess P5:...
  7. enhanced error report file

enhanced error report file: Where I can find the enhanced error report file ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enhanced-error-report-file/46e86184-072e-4351-ad61-6314c24234bd
  8. WER (Windows error reporting collect data)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WER (Windows error reporting collect data): What kind of data WER Windows error report collect ?? Is there any serious privacy issue ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wer-windows-error-reporting-collect-data/f99ab4db-f91f-4d46-8db1-427ab5da33b0"
  9. Looking For An Error Report File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking For An Error Report File: I'm looking for a file of some kind that gets generated whenever Windows encounters an unexpected error, reset, BSOD, etc etc. Anyone happen to know where a file like that would be/if it exists and how to find it? I'm using W10 Home Edition, not sure if thats an OE specific...
  10. autoruns reports missing files

in Windows 10 Support
    autoruns reports missing files: I have another thread open for another missing file reported by autruns, but it also lists these 4 files as missing: Autorun entry: VIDC.l420 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll Autorun entry: VIDC.YUY2 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll Autorun entry: VIDC.VP80...