Windows 10: were is product key located

Discus and support were is product key located in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; were is my product key located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/were-is-product-key-located/034fd3a2-f715-477c-87bc-8903847b2ee2" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Morekza, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Morekza Win User

were is product key located

were is my product key located

:)

Morekza, Mar 3, 2020

2. Locating windows 10 product key

How to locate windows 10 product key? my hp notepad had Windows 10 preinstalled when I purchased it (Its a legal copy). Cant find the product key listed on packaging. .. Is there a copy of the product key in my computer files? Where can I find it?

JodieLee22, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. were is product key located - Similar Threads - were product key

2. Windows 11 Product Key Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Product Key Location: I purchased Windows 11 and it said that the product key will be in the email or in orders on the microsoft shop and it's not there. It shows the order, but nothing about any product key. Please advise....
  3. Windows 11 Product Key Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Product Key Location: I purchased Windows 11 and it said that the product key will be in the email or in orders on the microsoft shop and it's not there. It shows the order, but nothing about any product key. Please advise....
  4. Cant locate product key after purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant locate product key after purchase: Hi there,I just purchased WINDOWS 11 pro from the official windows website, but after the payment was successful, there was a product key alongside REDEEM CODE. I happen to press REDEEM CODE before copying the code. Now I cant locate my product key...
  5. Cant locate product key after purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant locate product key after purchase: Hi there,I just purchased WINDOWS 11 pro from the official windows website, but after the payment was successful, there was a product key alongside REDEEM CODE. I happen to press REDEEM CODE before copying the code. Now I cant locate my product key...
  6. Located window product key used for each PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Located window product key used for each PC: Hi everyone,My office purchased Window 10 Pro/Window 7 Pro which come with discsmore than 1 some time ago and used all to install in the new PC.Typically we will wrote down which Window disc is used/installed in which PC.i.e: Window 10 Pro with product key :XXXX1 25digit...
  7. Product key location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Product key location: My Windows 10 desktop crashed. I'm getting to the advanced repair options menu. I've got my data extracted. I've tried resetting Windows 10 with or without losing my files, tried restore points, undoing updates, checking the health of the hard drive and doing repairs in the...
  8. where is product key located

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    where is product key located: were is my product key located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-product-key-located/034fd3a2-f715-477c-87bc-8903847b2ee2"
  9. Product Key can't be located

Product Key can't be located: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 computer (which included replacing the motherboard) and windows is not reactivating. I no longer have my product key but thought I could find it on my computer since it is still installed. I checked each hard drive and none seemed to have my...
  10. Locating Win 10 Product Key

Locating Win 10 Product Key: I have a Windows 10 Product Key but I can't "reveal" the ID in-order to re-enable it as a genuine copy and as it was on the computer itself; it has since rubbed off from frequent military transfer from base to base. Well, I want to be able to find this Product Key in-order...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is my windows produkey10 key located