Windows 10: "WerFault .exe - Bad Image" error on startup

Discus and support "WerFault .exe - Bad Image" error on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Iv had this HP laptop for some time now, and i haven't had any issues untill recently. I left Google running for a week because I forgot to turn my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tylerwalker9, Oct 13, 2020.

1. "WerFault .exe - Bad Image" error on startup

Iv had this HP laptop for some time now, and i haven't had any issues untill recently. I left Google running for a week because I forgot to turn my laptop off before heading out on vacation. When I returned I found that the laptop had not gone to sleep and the screen resolution was completely messed up. Unable to click on the start menu, I resorted to holding down the power button untill the machine shut off. After rebooting the computer the machine starts up normally untill the blue windows 10 "please wait" startup begins, at that point am greeted with this error code:

WerFault .exe - Bad Image

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0. 18362. 1016_none_9e7a36bbe461dae4\Comctl32.dll is either not desighned to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000006.

After clicking "ok" windows attempts to boot again, however after a few seconds the error reappears. I am unable to view the desktop or log in. I attempted to hard reset by pressing the F11 key and hard resetting eliminating all files but I only receive another error saying that it was "unable to hard reset due to an error". And it seems that now I am unable to access the F11, with the computer ignoring my input and proceeding the the Bad Image error again.

I'm not the best at computers when it comes to this kind of stuff, but if anybody is aware of any fixes, or if I have to replace the hard drive or something, any help would be appreciated.

:)

tylerwalker9, Oct 13, 2020

2. WerFault exe

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...ication-error/

RainbowPride, Oct 13, 2020
  3. WerFault exe

New Omen laptop pc win 10 pro
    The message from a fresh boot,
    [ WerFault exe Application Error
    The exception privileged instruction 0xc0000096 occurred in the application 0x00007FFF57CF66D2.
    Click on OK to terminate the program.]
    But it will not terminate, & locks all normal functions, I tried to uninstall games, steam, etc. To no avail!
    I must reboot by cont.alt.del.
    When I click it the same message pops up over & over?

Omentucker, Oct 13, 2020
  4. "WerFault .exe - Bad Image" error on startup

Hidden Window: CNQMMAIN>EXE - Bad Image error message

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Furthermore, a bad Image error occurs if there's an interruption to the system process or a corrupted file that affects the system. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you run the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool. It's a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows
    system files and restore corrupted files.

You may also check the answer from Andre Da Costa in this
    thread
    regarding Hidden Window: CNQMMAIN.EXE - Bad Image error message.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

"WerFault .exe - Bad Image" error on startup

1. "WerFault .exe - Bad Image" error on startup - Similar Threads - WerFault exe Bad

2. Emlproui. Exe-Bad Image error show on my window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emlproui. Exe-Bad Image error show on my window: c:\PROGRA~1\QUICKH~1\QUICKH~1\scanopt.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.This error show on my...
  3. Emlproui. Exe-Bad Image error show on my window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emlproui. Exe-Bad Image error show on my window: c:\PROGRA~1\QUICKH~1\QUICKH~1\scanopt.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.This error show on my...
  4. Bad Image error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Image error: This problem suddenly popped up a few days ago and I already tried troubleshooting it myself by re-installing the indicated file that was supposed to be corrupted but the problem was still there. I also tried using the command prompt by entering "sfc/scannow" which I thought...
  5. WerFault/lssas error

WerFault/lssas error: I recently got a mechanical keyboard and went to download the software. Microsoft Defender launched smart screen and norton I know not the best AV but it detected a virus. I thought ok then and continued to open it. it was not supported with my OS so I left it be. Later that...
  6. Error: splwow64.exe - Bad Image, when trying to print

Error: splwow64.exe - Bad Image, when trying to print: I have an splwow64.ex - Bad Image error that pops up every time I attempt to print or really do anything on the computer. I cannot close the box and it will not let me print or even shut my computer down. Please help. ***Original title: splwow64.exe - Bad Image***...
  7. splwow64.exe - Bad Image

splwow64.exe - Bad Image: I have an splwow64.ex - Bad Image error that pops up every time I attempt to print or really do anything on the computer. I cannot close the box and it will not let me print or even shut my computer down. Please help....
  8. werfault exe application error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    werfault exe application error: this is a very annoying thing to get it just wont disappear ive disabled windows error reports ive tried a few things the instruction at 0x0000000075C58AA9 REFERENCED MEMORY AT 0x0000000075C58AA9,. THE REQUIRED DATA WAS NOT...
  9. ???.exe - Bad image

???.exe - Bad image: When trying to install a program, I get a pop up window "Windows\System32\DNSAPI.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". How to fix?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-bad-image/e6a912d0-052e-4d57-b2ef-addf81cc1365
  10. WerFault exe

in Windows 10 Support
    WerFault exe: New Omen laptop pc win 10 pro The message from a fresh boot, [ WerFault exe Application Error The exception privileged instruction 0xc0000096 occurred in the application 0x00007FFF57CF66D2. Click on OK to terminate the program.] But it will not terminate, & locks all normal...