Windows 10: Werid graphical bug on a new laptop, windows 10

Discus and support Werid graphical bug on a new laptop, windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently bought a new MSI stealth gs66 laptop running windows 10 that seems to have a weird glitch or setting I can't seem to find any information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jackyyuan1, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Werid graphical bug on a new laptop, windows 10

I recently bought a new MSI stealth gs66 laptop running windows 10 that seems to have a weird glitch or setting I can't seem to find any information about. Basically, when I'm in a video meeting zoom call or a video appvlc, any windows or even drop down menus that overlap with the video become semi-tranparent. I have tried looking up this issue but doesn't seem to come up anywhere so I'm just wondering whats going on. It only happens when the other window overlaps the video tab and only while the video is running. Otherwise those tabs display just fine. One other thing to note is when I tried to get a screenshot using snipping tool, the resulting picture looks fine as well. any suggestions?

:)

jackyyuan1, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 29, 2020
  4. ta1s0n Win User

Werid graphical bug on a new laptop, windows 10

Brand new laptop - Windows 10 [SEVERAL bugs!]

So i was very excited since i bought a new laptop from Alienware \ Dell this week

but it has a lot of bugs which are very annoying:

First of all, the

• WinKey + Arrow issue
    after some time, when maximizing screens or moving them left or right (Using the [WinKey + Arrow] combination) it suddenly stops working. the key WinKey alone is working, keyboard arrows are working.. but to use this functionality..
    not working any more... The only way i found to fix this issue was to restart the computer - and then it would work. I have seen people suggesting to enable "Snap" on the options, but it is already enabled.. there is some other bug in here.

• Maximized screen, not fully maximized
    i have experienced a weird problem, in which when i have a maximized screen (for example chrome browser) moving between desktops and coming back to the browser, for some reason it wasnt really fully maximized.. it was like 1 inch
    away from the top of the screen.. with a weird little space (Although the icon of the 'Restore' was showing, in order to "fix" it i had to minimize and maximize the screen again. Which was not so bad if the WinKey + Down, WinKey + Up combinations
    worked..

• Not really a problem, more of a request - Virtual desktops
    If you want to have that "multiple \ virtual desktops" to work as users expect.. make it more like linux? The ability to move one screen to another from the keyboard (CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + ARROW) is something i use a lot and it will
    be very helpfull. if you could add that, and allow to change the WinKey to Alt for example, it could be better for me at least.

• Graphic card crashs - Nvidia gtx 970, version 10.18.13.5940
    i am using dual monitors, and very often, when i am using "FullScreen" on a video on youtube for example, i get a message that the driver crashed, and my secondary monitor stopped working. In order to workaround that, i have to uninstall
    the driver, and re install it using the DeviceManager.. unfortunately for me, it occurs way too often and i cannot use my secondary monitor to watch videos. It does happen for my laptop main monitor as well. but a lot more often when i put a full screen on
    my secondary monitor. the same problem happens for both monitors. what is the issue with that? Brand new laptop and i cant play youtube videos.

• Screen "Dead pixels" Issue
    on my laptop's monitor i have "Dead pixels" thingy (Again brand new laptop, got it last week)

here are pictures to demonstrate the issue:

Werid graphical bug on a new laptop, windows 10 30c5caec-8e6c-42c1-b80f-30ec1d622e54.jpg

Werid graphical bug on a new laptop, windows 10 76b6e7cd-ff8b-45e7-ae22-d0ce58cf2202.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2pyp6kk.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/wtyk3d.jpg

to fix this problem, i have to restart windows.

• Graphic card randomly crashing
    sometimes i get a norification of the graphic card that it have crashed, and was restarted successfully or some message similar to that.. This is worrying me.. any idea what is the reason?

All of those issues make me wonder if even windows 10 is ready for mass production and if its not yet on some beta testing.

What can i do to fix my problems? i usually find the solutions on the internet, but all i saw was other frustrated people like me who could not find a proper fix yet.

If you would suggest going back to windows 7 is the solution, please tell me! i will do that to fix my problems and to be able to work freely with my laptop.

Also those Graphic Card crashes are extremely annoying, i hope i can get the solution in here, if not where should i turn to post the issues?

ta1s0n, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Werid graphical bug on a new laptop, windows 10

1. Werid graphical bug on a new laptop, windows 10 - Similar Threads - Werid graphical bug

2. my laptop is being werid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop is being werid: so my steam craashs after i shut down a game i was playing and normal this would be an steam issue but i my task manger also freezes every single time and then my laptop refuses to relunch steam or task manger can run everything else BUT ALSO sometimes my opra browser will...
  3. Graphics bugs

Graphics bugs: I have this weird graphics bug of random coloured boxes flashing in and out all over everything I view on my pc trying to figure out what's causing it or stopping it from always coming back up, but dunno how to fix it?here I'm browsing the intel website to try check my drives...
  4. Graphics bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics bug: Did an update on windows 10 for my graphics driver, afterwards the thing crashed and my pc randomly restarted with the Lock Screen and everything being fully zoomed in, I can’t change the resolution as its greyed out and perm locked, I got error code 32 on my driver, I tried...
  5. Boot is werid

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Boot is werid: Whenever I boot my pc it boots into the OS but I'm supposed to see the windows logo with the loading screen also. I just see the loading. How do I make the windows icon appear also? When I use a virtual machine it appears but in my actual pc, it's gone! If you don't...
  6. Windows 10 Graphical Bug?

Windows 10 Graphical Bug?: Im on a windows 10 alienware laptop, and recently when I wake my computer from sleep mode, the graphical user interface is extremely distorted. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and if there is a fix for it?...
  7. Windows 10 Graphics bug or something

Windows 10 Graphics bug or something: So I have been having a super weird issue with my windows 10 version atm, got no idea how to really fix or prevent it but its kinda annoying or frustrating, sometimes when I am using Microsoft edge or just doing stuff on my pc, when I open start or something, I get these...
  8. Graphics bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics bug: My computer has graphics issues and lags when playing installed games when it has good specs and should be playing games at high quality, I wasn't sure if it was a driver issue but I don't know much about that so I need help! Might be a problem with steam. Ive tried a...
  9. Graphics bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics bug: My computer has graphics issues and lags when playing installed games when it has good specs and should be playing games at high quality, I wasn't sure if it was a driver issue but I don't know much about that so I need help! Might be a problem with steam. Ive tried a...
  10. Window10 graphical bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Window10 graphical bug: I recently upgraded to windows10 and I am having a strange bug that I cant fix. Whenever I close a program, it stays open and turns into a blurry after image. Is this a known issue? Please help. Thanks 26602