Windows 10: Western Digital backup software not loading

Discus and support Western Digital backup software not loading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I transferred my WD Passport to a new Windows 10 computer from a Windows 7 computer. The WD backup software will not load. The computer recognizes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulaFriedman, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Western Digital backup software not loading

I transferred my WD Passport to a new Windows 10 computer from a Windows 7 computer. The WD backup software will not load. The computer recognizes the drive but not the target to backup.

:)

PaulaFriedman, Dec 12, 2018

2. Western Digital NASK not on my network any more

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried using another computer to access Western Digital Nask?

Renaldo cru, Dec 12, 2018
  3. JGDTexas Win User
    Western Digital USB Backup Drive and MS Auto Optimization

I have a Western Digital external USB drive that automatically backs up files.

After upgrading to Win 10 I was surprised to see that it was listed with C:, etc. and it appears to be there because Win 10 intends to analyze and optimize it. I don't think Win 10 should be messing with the files on the Western Digital drive because the
    WD s/w will probably not be able to retrieve anything. Thanks.

Two questions:

- is Win 10 going to try and optimize the WD drive and files?

- if so, how do I remove it from the list?

JGDTexas, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Western Digital backup software not loading

Western Digital SSD Dashboard Install issues

Heard back from Western Digital, but there steps still failed, waiting on call back now from Level 2 support, but have a feeling isn't gonna help any. From there forum area looks like not only user having issues with the dashboard program.

AMDMan2016, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Western Digital backup software not loading

1. Western Digital backup software not loading - Similar Threads - Western Digital backup

2. western digital driver cant load in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    western digital driver cant load in windows 11: Western Digital can't load driver in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-driver-cant-load-in-windows-11/2b8b674c-9911-49a0-94f6-89c63d8ddae5
  3. western digital driver cant load in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    western digital driver cant load in windows 11: Western Digital can't load driver in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-driver-cant-load-in-windows-11/2b8b674c-9911-49a0-94f6-89c63d8ddae5
  4. I had a question on the Western Digital Life guard software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I had a question on the Western Digital Life guard software: I was wondering if anybody can help me out here with this issue I'm not sure if this is bad or not if someone can tell me on the Western Digital Data Lifeguard I have a not available and it's my m.2.ssd I was wondering if anybody knows what that means by chance I'm going to...
  5. I had a question on the Western Digital Life guard software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a question on the Western Digital Life guard software: I was wondering if anybody can help me out here with this issue I'm not sure if this is bad or not if someone can tell me on the Western Digital Data Lifeguard I have a not available and it's my m.2.ssd I was wondering if anybody knows what that means by chance I'm going to...
  6. I had a question on the Western Digital Life guard software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  8. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  9. western digital my book

western digital my book: After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this a possible windows 10 glitch; or is this a internal hardware issue with my device? 7415
  10. Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues

Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues: Hi There External hard drive issues, Tests fine with Western Digital Lifeguard program, sometimes connect it and it can't write files or delete any, yes the drive is older, mostly used to store second copy of music files/pictures and kept under neath upstairs Computer...